EB free "SAVER" shipping.. price is right but it sucks.

Ravenlock

CAGiversary!
Ordered SSX3 from EBGames.com on August 31st (that's Wednesday 10 days ago) at 10:13 in the Morning. For some reason, though USPS has the shipping info as being received the next day (Sept 1st), it didn't leave Philadelphia until September 3rd (last Saturday). It reached Warrendale, PA on Sept 5th, and left the same day.

And that's the last entry. Still not here yet. I live in Central Pennsylvania. For me to drive to Philadelphia and pick it up myself would take 8, maybe 9 hours. But apparently to drive it from there to here via whatever method "SAVER" entails takes more than seven days.

Just thought I would warn people who hadn't tried it yet. Yeah, it's free, and free is better than not free. But if you want your game in any reasonable amount of time, look elsewhere. :roll:

You really cant blame EB for that one. That sounds more like your postal services being slow.

I ordered a game using SAVER free shipping and recieved it 3 days later.

Lots of times Ebgames will send the sxhipping info a few days before they actually drop it off to be shipped. After the postal service gets it, it can take forever since its mediamail. I've had some take 2 weeks to get here from a few states away, and some get here in a few days.
If your not in a hurry its great.:p

I've had stuff delivered to me at home (near Philadelphia) and out here at school in Pittsburgh. Shipping for Saver has never been more than five days after they gave it to the USPS.

Sounds like you just got randomly hosed with it falling off the truck or something.

I've ordered N64 games using SAVER and recieved them next day UPS...it really depends on what you order and where it's coming from...I ordered Lockdown and its been in the mail for 5 days now...you win some you lose some...:)

[quote name='Ravenlock']Ordered SSX3 from EBGames.com on August 31st (that's Wednesday 10 days ago) at 10:13 in the Morning. For some reason, though USPS has the shipping info as being received the next day (Sept 1st), it didn't leave Philadelphia until September 3rd (last Saturday). It reached Warrendale, PA on Sept 5th, and left the same day.

And that's the last entry. Still not here yet. I live in Central Pennsylvania. For me to drive to Philadelphia and pick it up myself would take 8, maybe 9 hours. But apparently to drive it from there to here via whatever method "SAVER" entails takes more than seven days.

Just thought I would warn people who hadn't tried it yet. Yeah, it's free, and free is better than not free. But if you want your game in any reasonable amount of time, look elsewhere. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I'll pick it up for you :) heh. Im lucky the distribution centers right near me. Although the one i got my stuff from is in Coatsville, not Phila.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Lots of times Ebgames will send the sxhipping info a few days before they actually drop it off to be shipped. After the postal service gets it, it can take forever since its mediamail. I've had some take 2 weeks to get here from a few states away, and some get here in a few days.
If your not in a hurry its great.:p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I realize it's not EB Games "fault", per se. I'm not hatin' the saver, as pop311 cautioned me not to do. ;)

I'm just warning people who might not be aware just how slow the shipping method they use for SAVER can be. "Sucks" was perhaps too harsh a word for the subject line. Mea culpa.

[quote name='Ravenlock']Yeah, I realize it's not EB Games "fault", per se. I'm not hatin' the saver, as pop311 cautioned me not to do. ;)

I'm just warning people who might not be aware just how slow the shipping method they use for SAVER can be. "Sucks" was perhaps too harsh a word for the subject line. Mea culpa.[/QUOTE] Not trying to be an asshole, but it does say "5-10 days" for dilivery;)

I've used saver a few times, and gotten my stuff around 3 days later. But don't worry, cus SSX3 is a friggin awesome game. You'll enjoy it.

I ordered a game from Ebgames.com with three day shipping. It shipped on September 2nd. I stiil do not have my game. I emailed UPS and they told me that the Hurricane was causing delays. My package arrived in HODGKINS, IL. September 3rd at 10:13 A.M and did not leave HODGKINS, IL. until September 7th at 12:48 P.M. It should be here Monday.

[quote name='pop311']Not trying to be an asshole, but it does say "5-10 days" for dilivery;)[/QUOTE]

Heh. Yes, yes it does. I should have waited until Day 11 to complain, I suppose. :lol:

Tricky, thanks for sharing the anecdote - I wouldn't have expected the hurricane problems to slow down the USPS everywhere, but if that's what's going on I'll happily STFU and wait. I mean, I still have my house and stuff. :whistle2:#

Jetlag16 - Yeah, I'm looking forward to it lots.

Stop bitching over something that is offered for FREE. Do you expect it the next day? If so, PAY for next day shipping.

Most saver orders from EB usually are delivered to me within 3 - 4 days at the most. I have had a few instances where they shipped it UPS and I got my order the next day after the order was placed.

It doesn't say 5-10 days for shipping with SAVER. It says 5-10 business days for shipping with SAVER. There is a huge difference and EB has never gone longer then that for me.

[quote name='gizmogc']Stop bitching over something that is offered for FREE. Do you expect it the next day? If so, PAY for next day shipping.[/QUOTE]

Ummm, well, since that last part was pretty much what I said in my original post, I guess we agree then. :roll:

Still no love today, and no update on the USPS site - they still have it leaving Warrendale PA (less than 200 miles away, for reference) 7 days ago, and then nothing.

Seeing as it left a place 3 hours from here 7 days ago and according to their site hasn't even been received anywhere yet, I'm beginning to wonder at what point I consider it lost and call someone with that information.

Yeah, I know, :-({|= for me. But I thought I'd keep you guys updated since I started the thread. ;)

I never use free shipping on games because I just don't have the patience to wait for any game I actually want past the release date... I'm going nuts just waiting for the Sims expansion knowing it's shipping tomorrow, but likely won't be in stores till Wednesday.

Most cheap shipping online seems to be fairly reliable, I think you just got screwed this time around. A lot of times I do the cheapest method of shipping and it comes in like 3 full business days. And I don't think USPS ever updates their shipping records, I've never known them to unfortunately.

Yeah, still no game today. And EB is giving me a runaround, as well... I contacted them on the 13th and got a polite letter back asking that I please wait until the 15th, 10 business days from Sept 1st, before contacting them about the shipment, because the USPS wouldn't deal with them until 10 business days had passed. "If it is not there on or before the 15th", the email said, "contact us again."

That, I had no problem with. When I contacted them today, however, after it didn't arrive - and even included a forward of the above email to show that this was contact #2 - I got back another polite letter with the same language except the date changed to the 16th.

If I get another one tomorrow after the game isn't here (and 11 days after leaving a place several hours away, I don't think it will be), I'll be making phone calls. When it's some frustrating USPS policy that's one thing. When they're just putting me off hoping it gets there, that's called bad customer service. :wall:

My shipping is usually pretty good, though it can be obnoxious. I get half my packages out of Philly, half out of Louisville. You'd think Louisville would be quicker, but they decide to ship from Louisville to Cincinnati, then all the way over to Warrendale (same place Philly ships to), and then back across PA and Ohio. So it usually takes a day longer out of Louisville. Good times.

But it's free!

For some reason it usually takes about 7 days for me. I placed an order on Saturday September 10th, so I should be getting it very soon, I hope.

[quote name='Prepster']Every time I have used SAVER, I get them all in about 10 days..but I can't complain that much since it is free.[/QUOTE]

Well, understand, I'm not complaining about the shipping option, at this point. I'm complaining that I genuinely think this one is lost (USPS says it left Warrendale, PA, less than 200 miles from here, on 9/5, yet 11 days later, 9/16, it hasn't arrived anywhere), and EB's giving me the run around.

On 9/13 (ten business days after the order was placed) they told me to wait until 9/15, 10 business days after shipping. Then I contacted them on 9/15 and they sent me back the same form letter except the date had changed to 9/16. I've contacted them again today, we'll see what they do.

Finally convinced that the shipment has been lost in the mail, they're now sending it again, via 2nd Day Air.

Very good of them, but it shouldn't, in my opinion, take long to decide something's lost in the mail when it leaves a place and then fails to arrive less than a state away 10 days later.

*Shrug* Anyhow, should be better now. ;)

saver always gets games to me in five days or under. one time before eb shut down for christmas i ordered on the 22nd and it got to me on the 24th.

I've had good experience with saver . . . of 50ish orders placed in the last year, I'd say 70-80 made it within a week (many within days of ordering) with virtually all arriving with 10 days of the order.

But I never watch that closely . . . nothing is a rush for me to get it.

I posted a while back but I can now confirm that everytime I order a cartridge game with my order I get 3day UPS using SAVER :)

Yeah, good going... slamming EB - a company that supports this site and gives us an endless supply of great deals... because your SSX3 took more than a week to get to you.

[quote name='Ravenlock']Ordered SSX3 from EBGames.com on August 31st (that's Wednesday 10 days ago) at 10:13 in the Morning. For some reason, though USPS has the shipping info as being received the next day (Sept 1st), it didn't leave Philadelphia until September 3rd (last Saturday). It reached Warrendale, PA on Sept 5th, and left the same day.

Just thought I would warn people who hadn't tried it yet. Yeah, it's free, and free is better than not free. But if you want your game in any reasonable amount of time, look elsewhere. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I have never chose anything but free shipping and I always get my stuff in 2-4 days. I've never encountered any issues with shipping. I'll never use any other shipping option.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Yeah, good going... slamming EB - a company that supports this site and gives us an endless supply of great deals... because your SSX3 took more than a week to get to you.[/QUOTE]

I was warning people about that shipping method, not slamming EB. I've made it clear throughout the thread that I'm not mad at EB or trying to put them down. I order from EB all the time and will continue to do so.

If you'd read the thread, you'd see that the shipment was indeed lost in the mail, and I do now finally have it but it took more than half a month to get it. In the future if I want something in a reasonable time frame, I'll probably give up a few more bucks and use a paid shipping method.

Sorry if you feel it's a waste of a thread to share the story and let people know what happened, but if that's the case then we disagree. :roll:

I had this happen with a copy of Goldeneye: Rogue Agent a few months ago, I didn't get it for about 3 weeks to a month, but it will made its way to my mailbox eventually... of course after playing Rogue Agent, I wish the game never made it to my doorstep, but thats another story for another day

[quote name='mcgavin27']I normal get my "saver" orders in exactly 7 days but I don't live anywhere near a distrubtion center.[/QUOTE]

Same here I get my game 7-10 days later. However most of the time it is 7 days.

[quote name='brainstorm']I had this happen with a copy of Goldeneye: Rogue Agent a few months ago, I didn't get it for about 3 weeks to a month, but it will made its way to my mailbox eventually... of course after playing Rogue Agent, I wish the game never made it to my doorstep, but thats another story for another day[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

bread's done
Back