EB Games, 5 dollar video game glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBWildBill2004

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (92%)
Awsome deal, well sense i work there i found out today, there was a glitch in the system. If you buy any 2 Pre-Played Video games 39.99 or above... they will ring in at 5 dollars each. There could only be 2 per-transaction but i ended up making 25 bucks, and getting Nanobreak, Xenosaga 2, Full Metal Alchamst and Starfox asult free ontop of making 25 dollars. Basiaclly, buy 2 Pre-Played GTA San Andreas, Turn around and trade them in for 50 store credit.. or 40 Cash, then you can get 8 games... see the deal... most stores know about it and have to Hit Alt-P in the sales screen to disable promotion, but some wont know aobut it because of a belated Email-

This should be locked. This will never happen.

bullshit.jpg

While I really appreciate the info, this is kind of moot. Checking out at the counter with 2 San Andreas and having the cashier say the total comes to $10 without raising an eyebrow is essentially impossible.

Ctrl-Ped!!!!

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']While I really appreciate the info, this is kind of moot. Checking out at the counter with 2 San Andreas and having the cashier say the total comes to $10 without raising an eyebrow is essentially impossible.[/quote]

Even if they are suprised if it says $10 they have to give it to you for that.

[quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='Dustin Echoes']While I really appreciate the info, this is kind of moot. Checking out at the counter with 2 San Andreas and having the cashier say the total comes to $10 without raising an eyebrow is essentially impossible.[/quote]

Even if they are suprised if it says $10 they have to give it to you for that.[/quote]

No they don't you little kid, if they sense that it may be a glitch, they can hold from selling it to you untill a higher authority varifies that price.

[quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='Dustin Echoes']While I really appreciate the info, this is kind of moot. Checking out at the counter with 2 San Andreas and having the cashier say the total comes to $10 without raising an eyebrow is essentially impossible.[/quote]

Even if they are suprised if it says $10 they have to give it to you for that.[/quote]

No they don't. A store can refuse to sell someone their items if they feel like it. It might not be good business because of bad publicity, etc., but they do not have to sell it to you for that price.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='Dustin Echoes']While I really appreciate the info, this is kind of moot. Checking out at the counter with 2 San Andreas and having the cashier say the total comes to $10 without raising an eyebrow is essentially impossible.[/quote]

No they don't you little kid, if they sense that it may be a glitch, they can hold from selling it to you untill a higher authority varifies that price.[/quote]

In my experience when things ring up lower than advertised, they always gave it to me for that price.

[quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='Dustin Echoes']While I really appreciate the info, this is kind of moot. Checking out at the counter with 2 San Andreas and having the cashier say the total comes to $10 without raising an eyebrow is essentially impossible.[/quote]

No they don't you little kid, if they sense that it may be a glitch, they can hold from selling it to you untill a higher authority varifies that price.[/quote]

In my experience when things ring up lower than advertised, they always gave it to me for that price.[/quote]

Same here

[quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='Dustin Echoes']While I really appreciate the info, this is kind of moot. Checking out at the counter with 2 San Andreas and having the cashier say the total comes to $10 without raising an eyebrow is essentially impossible.[/quote]

In my experience when things ring up lower than advertised, they always gave it to me for that price.[/quote]

They do that because they don't want to upset the customer. They are under no obligation to though.

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='Dustin Echoes']While I really appreciate the info, this is kind of moot. Checking out at the counter with 2 San Andreas and having the cashier say the total comes to $10 without raising an eyebrow is essentially impossible.[/quote]

They do that because they don't want to upset the customer. They are under no obligation to though.[/quote]

Yeah, but c'mon. They wouldent do it with San Andreas, and I doubt a business like EB would do this.

[quote name='Rozz'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='Dustin Echoes']While I really appreciate the info, this is kind of moot. Checking out at the counter with 2 San Andreas and having the cashier say the total comes to $10 without raising an eyebrow is essentially impossible.[/quote]

They do that because they don't want to upset the customer. They are under no obligation to though.[/quote]

Yeah, but c'mon. They wouldent do it with San Andreas, and I doubt a business like EB would do this.[/quote]

I agree, that was my basic point. They honored small differences in the past, but when something is way off there is almost no way they would honor that price.

Good info although if you're an employee, that could've been a dangerous thing to do. And if EB is dumb enough to create and not notice the glitch until hours later and the stores are dumb enough to accept it, then all the more power to the consumer.

Wait, don't lock this yet! Someone explain the difference between this and the Circuit City glitch 2 for $10 on the GH games a few months ago! pretty please! :)

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']Wait, don't lock this yet! Someone explain the difference between this and the Circuit City glitch 2 for $10 on the GH games a few months ago! pretty please! :)

Dave[/quote]

I don't even remember that one.

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='Rozz'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='Dustin Echoes']While I really appreciate the info, this is kind of moot. Checking out at the counter with 2 San Andreas and having the cashier say the total comes to $10 without raising an eyebrow is essentially impossible.[/quote]

Yeah, but c'mon. They wouldent do it with San Andreas, and I doubt a business like EB would do this.[/quote]

I agree, that was my basic point. They honored small differences in the past, but when something is way off there is almost no way they would honor that price.[/quote]

I disagree, at Blockbuster when they had the 2 for $20 sale nothing over $20 was supposed to be accepted (said that on the signs), but the computer allowed it and they sold me a $50 DVD and a $30 DVD for $20. True, it was advertised but it was still a huge price difference. There was also the Circuit City $5 glitch.

[quote name='MightySlacker']Wait, don't lock this yet! Someone explain the difference between this and the Circuit City glitch 2 for $10 on the GH games a few months ago! pretty please! :)

Dave[/quote]

Getting mass marketed cheap games even cheaper is okiedokie. Trade-in value wasn't high.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']never heard of the 2 for 20 deal at BB. It was on used dvds?[/quote]

Yes it was all used DVDs, but it said on small print on the signs not on anything $19.99 or above. I was able to use it to get $30-$50 Complete Season DVDs. They have the sale constantly.

Wow such hatred... and yes, as employes we HAD to give them at that price... it was a promo number 3877 in our computer. It was susspoed to be the more you trade the more your paid. For every 2 games traded in you were susspoed to get an extra 5 dollars each, BUT the system read it as every preplayed game you buy, you buy 2 and got them each at 5 dollars each.

[quote name='Tespo125']Anybody want to confirm this?[/quote]

I can confirm this, man some people jumped down the OP throat, he is correct, the glich is as he said. The manager confirmed this at the eb i went to this morning

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='MightySlacker']Wait, don't lock this yet! Someone explain the difference between this and the Circuit City glitch 2 for $10 on the GH games a few months ago! pretty please! :)

Dave[/quote]

Getting mass marketed cheap games even cheaper is okiedokie. Trade-in value wasn't high.[/quote]

No matter the price, either one is just exploiting a computer glitch. Amount shouldn't factor into morality.

[quote name='ChrisXE'][quote name='Tespo125']Anybody want to confirm this?[/quote]

I can confirm this, man some people jumped down the OP throat, he is correct, the glich is as he said. The manager confirmed this at the eb i went to this morning[/quote]

Why is the OP posting as if it was in the past? Is this still going on?

Thank you, wow i was just trying to help some people get some games before their EB's closed tonight, 2 in my area had no clue about it when i left work till we called them

It is Still in the system, However, if they read there current Email, they are susspoed to hit Alt-P to disable the auto-promo. But like i said, some stores didn't know about it cause they don't check email. And if they ring up at that, and don't hit Alt-P then they gotta give it to you

If we have confirmation, now comes the questions... which stores DO NOT know about this so that they can be exploited, er, sell a lot of used games.

and to the insiders, I hope you didnt do the trades on your accounts, or you might get into some serious trouble from your managers.

some Managers knew about it, Corp. couldn't do anything about it expcet send out an email and the email came half-way though the day, and your only required to check email when you open the store.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']Would this work on steel battalions?[/quote]

Yes, every EB employee would let you walk out with $10 Steel Battalions. :roll:

This sale is only going to work with the most ignorant EB employees. Good luck to those that try, but I'm not even going to waste the gas.

I can imagine that I could get away with this at Circuit City since Video Games are not their only business. But EB Games... no manager is going to sell it to me at that price.

technically, as the price comes out on the register, they by law have to give you the lowest price (CA). I could understand that if its a glitch in their system, hehe, they may have a right not to sell, but if they dont know what is going on then its all good.

I posted this in the other thread a couple of hours ago (but not as detailed). I read about it on another board, here is what will show up on the receipt :

2435022 590/400
Orig Price: 44.99 ea.
Disc: 39.99 Promo #3387
You Saved 5.00 buying Pre-Played.

I personally will not take advantage of my EBgames with this because I know the people there and they have always treated me well (even with the TRU trade-in stuff).

But if you got screwed over in the past by EBgames, then this is a good way of getting back at them.

Argh... when I saw it earlier, I'd tried it with a $44 game and a $35 game... didn't know that it was $39 and up that triggered it. Went back and they won't sell at the promo price...

So the OP got the email from corporate telling him about this deal and then raped the company? Am I understanding this correctly? That's an excellent way to get fired. Hope you're best friends with your manager because the crap is going to hit the fan when he sees what you have done.

this is dumb..i just called up a buddy at the eb i worked at a few years ago

yes, this did happen this morning....and no they will not give it to you for $5 for a $44.99 used game...they have the right to refuse and you can whine and complain all you want...they will not do it

district managers around here called the Ebs and let them know about it...so im sure if they did that for my area, they did it for yours....Eb is cheap ass hell, they dont want to lose money like that

I dont think this will still be active by the time I get off work. Congrats on sticking it to EB for those who got it without realizing it. I dont think I will waste the time and gas driving to EB after 6pm when i get off.

Congrats to those who got in on this, but I think I'd be too nervous to try it since I wouldn't have a good alibi to explain why I don't want them when they ring up for the labelled price. I might try it though if others are still getting it to work tonight.

btw, has anyone tried the EB at Washington Square in Tigard, OR? Just curious if this'll fly there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back