EB Games and Gamestop have recieved another shipments of PS3's!

[quote name='soliddragon']Unbelievable! I just got me a 60gb PS3. Walked into Eb just for kicks and giggles. My man behind the counter busts out "So you want a PS3?" I'm like hells yeah fucker. I got the last 60gb

He said that hes trying to hold em for store regulars. AWESOME! Now, do I keep or sell. ROFL!?

EDIT: BTW South Florida: Boynton Beach[/QUOTE]

Wow, I live less than a mile from both of the Boynton EBs. Was it the Boynton Mall EB or the one next to Best Buy? The one next to Best Buy is kind of hidden and is by far the best place to try to get things in high demand.

[quote name='Puzznic']Wow, I live less than a mile from both of the Boynton EBs. Was it the Boynton Mall EB or the one next to Best Buy? The one next to Best Buy is kind of hidden and is by far the best place to try to get things in high demand.[/QUOTE]

True that!
Next to the Best Buy! Those guys are always cool to me when I go by. Shout out to the Boynton EBGames (it'll ALWAYS be EB to me.)

[quote name='lmz00']^ Just exchange it within 30 days and you'll get to keep some of your dignity. :)[/QUOTE]

I can't return stuff at EB.

Anyone know if these shipments hit the midwest or just the coasts? I called my local GS stores (Kansas City) and they told me they didn't get any.

I'm in the midwest and my local store said it didn't get any. They told me they are expecting some by the end of the week, however.

I called back to one of the stores in my area thins evening to ask again. I was told that they've been getting in weekly shipments and that they were hoping to get more in by the end of the week. The part that sucks is I imagine shipments arrive either late morning or early afternoon. By the time I get off work the good stuff is long gone.

The closest I've come to snagging one was last week at Target. My friend called me and said he was there buying a 60GB and that they had 3 left. I took my lunch break early, got there within 15 min, and watched a guy walking out with the last one just as I arrived.

found one at 1:55, right after i read this.
got back to school, told a student about it
bought a second for her at 9:15 at another store...was ONLY person to ask, and therefore to GET at that store. They'd only let me buy 1 though.
Evidently, they sit in back until a customer asks, or so they say.

[quote name='gunm']Ditto.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's very strange that people on a game web site would be buying the successor to the most successful console in history. I'm confused by that as well.

My ebgames just got a shipment in today... I was 20 minutes too late to get one though... fook

They got 4 ps3s and 6 Wiis.

[quote name='Puppy']Yes, it's very strange that people on a game web site would be buying the successor to the most successful console in history. I'm confused by that as well.[/QUOTE]

Well for one, it's Cheap Ass Gamer, so paying full price for anything, especially something that costs at least $500 is blasphermous. Also, the PS3 is a giant black turd :cry: Currently it's not worth the price of a Wii, let alone a 360, let alone the hefty price that's on it now.

It's like the N64; it's the succesor to two of the greatest systems every, and we all know how that turned out :)

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Well for one, it's Cheap Ass Gamer, so paying full price for anything, especially something that costs at least $500 is blasphermous. Also, the PS3 is a giant black turd :cry: Currently it's not worth the price of a Wii, let alone a 360, let alone the hefty price that's on it now.

It's like the N64; it's the succesor to two of the greatest systems every, and we all know how that turned out :)[/quote]

I kinda felt the same way until I finally bought the PS3. I like it a lot. Sure the game selection isn't amazing yet, but that is to be expected from a console that launched less then a month ago. The whole online setup procedure is a bitch though.

[quote name='Chitown021']Anyone know if these shipments hit the midwest or just the coasts? I called my local GS stores (Kansas City) and they told me they didn't get any.[/quote]

A store i went to today outside of STL got 4 in but were sold by the time i got there. Not surprised as it was 1 o'clock or so when i got there.

I walked in to my gamestop today and walked out with a 60 gb PS3. Do I need one? Not right now, especially with a 360 and Wii... but damn, the thing is so sexy. Resistance is my $700 game right now.

[quote name='captmurphy']I walked in to my gamestop today and walked out with a 60 gb PS3. Do I need one? Not right now, especially with a 360 and Wii... but damn, the thing is so sexy. Resistance is my $700 game right now.[/quote]

Haha! I bought it because of how goddamn sexy it was also. It's like a mirror. Resistance is also my $700 game. Genji is kinda good, except for the camera!

Anyone from North Jersey having any luck? I was only able to get a 20 gig at launch after camping for nearly two days, which I sold holding out for a 60 gig. Now I can't even get any. I've been making daily trips to stores (Target, BB, ect) and they either don't have them or sold the last one about an hour before I got there. This is pissing me off sooo badly right now I'm about to give up and just get one on eBay. From what I've been told, The EB/GS's that I go to in North Jersey are still working on pre-orders...anyone know if this is a lie or fact?

After I read this thread yesterday around 1pm I called a local EB and they said they hadn't had a chance to open their shipments and to call back in a couple of hours. Called back at 2:45pm and they told me to come and pick one up if I wanted one. So I did. This was in Hamilton, OH by the way.

Yep. I can understand why (so people keep coming back to the store), but personally I'd rather be able to get on a list to know I've got one, even if I can't pick it up until January, or March, or whatever.

[quote name='pchea']Anybody in Southern California score one?[/QUOTE]

the Westwood BB had a bunch in this morning.

[quote name='Zoglog']the Westwood BB had a bunch in this morning.[/quote]

Oh poop, all gone huh? I know my brother would have really liked having one of these for his birthday. Back to the hunt.

[quote name='pchea']Oh poop, all gone huh? I know my brother would have really liked having one of these for his birthday. Back to the hunt.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm maybe in westwood EB they were getting some too, better call them. People were waiting when I went to return a ps3 controller

honestly if you really want to get one for a birthday, ebay is not a bad deal. If you search hard enough you might win an auction and only pay a $50 premium above what you would have paid in store.

bread's done
Back