EB GAMES August Sale 8/7-8/14 B&M [Now Online!] [Added 2 new PSP Deals]

tenzor

CAGiversary!
iconeb_r1.gif
Games August Sale (Sunday 8/7/05 - Sunday 8/14/05)

Now Online!

iconused.gif

Pre-Played Deals

Buy 3 Pre-Played (Games/Music CDs/Accessories/DVDs) Get 1 Free(code: BUY3GET1)

icon1.gif

Pre-Order Deals

Nintendogs DS

Free Nintedogs Lunch Bag & Mini Paw Screen Cleaner

Rainbow Six Lockdown PS2/XB/GC
Free Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

Socom 3 PS2
Free Socom 3 PS2 Demo

Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks PS2/XB
Free MK Action Figure

Death Jr. PSP
Free MP3 Soundtrack, and Comic Book

iconpsp_r2.gif

PSP Deals

Spiderman 2 $29.99
Tony Hawk Underground 2 $29.99

iconps2_r2.gif

Playstation 2 Deals

Star Ocean Till the End of Time $17.99
Metal Gear Solid 3 $17.99
X-Men Legends $17.99
Star Wars Battlefront $17.99
Spiderman 2 $17.99
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 $17.99
Sonic Heroes $17.99
Tony Hawk Underground 2 $17.99
Hot Shots Golf Fore $19.99
Getaway Black Monday $19.99
Madagascar $29.99
Fantastic Four $39.99
Gran Turismo 4 $39.99
GTA San Andreas $39.99

Buy a Playstation 2 Slim & God of War and receive Getaway Black Monday FREE

iconxbox_r2.gif

XBOX Deals

Unreal Championship 2 LC $19.99
Halo 2 XB $19.99 (when purchased w/XBOX Live Kit) $29.99 w/o XBOX Live Kit (use code HALOLIVE)
X-Men Legends $17.99
Star Wars Battlefront $17.99
Spiderman 2 $17.99
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 $17.99
Sonic Heroes $17.99
GTA San Andreas $39.99
Madagascar $29.99
Fantastic Four $39.99
DOOM 3 $29.99
DOOM 3 CE $39.99
Jade Empire $24.99
WWE Wrestlemania 21 $39.99

icongamecube.gif

Gamecube Deals

FF Crystal Cronicles $17.99
X-Men Legends $17.99
Spiderman 2 $17.99
Midway Arcade Treasures $17.99
Sonic Heroes $17.99
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat $44.99
Fantastic Four $39.99
Madagascar $29.99

icongbasp_r1.gif

GBA Deals

Free NES Metroid/or NES Zelda Link II w/ purchase of GBA SP System
Fantastic Four $24.99

iconpcwin.gif

PC Deals

DOOM III Expansion $14.99
DOOM III $14.99

Half Life 2 $39.99
Rome Total War $29.99
Area 51 $19.99
Playboy Mansion $19.99
Fantastic Four $24.99
GTA San Andreas $39.99

icontrade.gif

Trade in Deals

Extra $5.00 Trade in Credit when you trade in a GBA or GBA SP System

Trade in 5 games and get $50.00 Trade in Credit towards purchase of NCAA Football 2006 XB/PS2
(exclusions apply)

Trade in 5 games and get $50.00 Trade in Credit towards purchase of Madden 2006 XB/PS2/GC
(exclusions apply)

Extra $10.00 Trade in Credit when you trade in a PS2/XB Working System

icon2.gif

Other Deals

20% off the Guide books of Madden 06 and NCAA 06 when purchased with the game

[quote name='Friedle']There wouldn't happen to be a picture of the Mini Paw Screen Cleaner anywhere, would there?[/QUOTE]

ebgames.com has pictures

Bump cause it's starting in a few days, don't want it to get lost anymore than page 3.

Nothing really interesting for me, other than Crystal Chronicles (gonna rent it because of horribly bipolar reviews, yay for free rental coupons).

Strange that the Zelda preorder deal wasn't caught in here. Any chance there might be a similar trade-in deal for R6 so I can get SC along with it?

[quote name='smellhasreturned']yay august 8th is my 16th birthday the day after i shall get Unreal Tournament 2 :)[/QUOTE]
I'm older than you by two days. :O

Unreal doesn't look to bad. Mine.

[quote name='seebelow']The prices already seem to be in effect on the web site.[/QUOTE]

Yep, you're right, they are. Guess the sale is starting 2 days early. And now just B&M.

BUY3GET1 I believe is code for online, but it doesn't appear to combine with anything. It's okay, but nothing spectacular.

Man I should have waited to pickup some games at EB. A couple of days ago I bought three pre played games, Oh Well. Thanks OP for the info!

man, pretty hard to find 4 games roughly about the same price to make the BUY3GET1 worth it (better than the CAG15, EDGE, and SAVER coupons)

[quote name='bostonfrontier']man, pretty hard to find 4 games roughly about the same price to make the BUY3GET1 worth it [/QUOTE]

I can never do it when it is BUY2GET1 sale . . . finding 4 of similar value is impossible.

as stated above:
If your store had 4 $4.99 GBA games that aren't POX . . . then for $15 you'd have the fodder for the Ndogs deal. Otherwise this is worthless.

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite']They have accepted them for as long as I can remember.[/QUOTE]

Just odd since... I've never seen a pre-played PC game for sale there.

Added to the Original post (I forgot to post this earlier)

Tony Hawk Underground PSP - $29.99

Spiderman 2 PSP - $29.99

[quote name='botticus']Just odd since... I've never seen a pre-played PC game for sale there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got the tin of MS Flight Sim 2004 for $4.99 PO

Ok, so in a previous post, someone mentioned getting an extra $40 in credit for trading a PS2/XBX and 3 games. First, that deal isn't listed here. And second, on EB's site, the deal is there, but for $30 extra. So what's the deal?

Does anyone know if they're giving out Pandora Tomorrow when you reserve Rainbow Six Lockdown or when you pick it up? And what is the minimum deposit at EB? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='clariste']Ok, so in a previous post, someone mentioned getting an extra $40 in credit for trading a PS2/XBX and 3 games. First, that deal isn't listed here. And second, on EB's site, the deal is there, but for $30 extra. So what's the deal?[/QUOTE]

the deal is the extra $30, I just traded in a Xbox and games for this deal a couple days ago, pretty good deal if ya ask me

[quote name='Prepster']the deal is the extra $30, I just traded in a Xbox and games for this deal a couple days ago, pretty good deal if ya ask me[/QUOTE]

How much total did you get and what games did you trade?

[quote name='clariste']Ok, so in a previous post, someone mentioned getting an extra $40 in credit for trading a PS2/XBX and 3 games. First, that deal isn't listed here. And second, on EB's site, the deal is there, but for $30 extra. So what's the deal?[/QUOTE]

I was at the EB Games in Minnetonka, MN yesterday and the employee there explained the console trade-in deals to me something like this:

1. Trade in your PS2 or Xbox console and three qualified games for $100 credit

or

2. Trade in your PS2 or Xbox console alone and get $85 credit ($75 normal credit + $10 extra)

He told me that these two deals are mutually exclusive of each other and that I cannot combine them to get $110 credit. So unless the guy was pulling my legs, it does not look like the '$40 in credit for trading a PS2/XBX and 3 games' exists.

[quote name='Terabyte7']Does anyone know if they're giving out Pandora Tomorrow when you reserve Rainbow Six Lockdown or when you pick it up? And what is the minimum deposit at EB? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

"Order and receive a free copy of Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow. Bonus item will ship with purchased product, and is only available while supplies last. If you choose In-Store Pickup for this game, please contact the store for bonus item availability."

They are not going to give away that game for 5 bucks(Which is the minimum).

[quote name='kkt']I was at the EB Games in Minnetonka, MN yesterday and the employee there explained the console trade-in deals to me something like this:

1. Trade in your PS2 or Xbox console and three qualified games for $100 credit

or

2. Trade in your PS2 or Xbox console alone and get $85 credit ($75 normal credit + $10 extra)

He told me that these two deals are mutually exclusive of each other and that I cannot combine them to get $110 credit. So unless the guy was pulling my legs, it does not look like the '$40 in credit for trading a PS2/XBX and 3 games' exists.[/QUOTE]

He lied about the first one, or just didn't know. Look here:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/shops/instoretradein/

Considering that the system alone is $75, you'd have to be at $105 plus the value of your games.

[quote name='botticus']Just odd since... I've never seen a pre-played PC game for sale there.[/QUOTE]

I have not either and I always check out the PC section when I am there.

Upgraded my ancient PS2 to the new slim today. They gave me $40 extra with the deal....extra 10 for the system, and the same for each of the three games. Nice.

S'funny how people think that $18 for MGS3 is a good deal when they had that $14.99 price drop for weeks only a little while ago.

And the other weird thing, did anyone at EB corporate even look at the flyer before they printed and circulated?? They're trying to sell GTA:SA for $39.99 when the game was pulled already. hahaha :lol: I can imagine someone going into the store and demanding the game since it's in the flyer. :razz:

[quote name='jjz203']And the other weird thing, did anyone at EB corporate even look at the flyer before they printed and circulated?? They're trying to sell GTA:SA for $39.99 when the game was pulled already. hahaha :lol: I can imagine someone going into the store and demanding the game since it's in the flyer. :razz:[/QUOTE]

It's not like it's not behind the counter.

Yeah, EB still sells San Andreas. They just moved it behind the counter and put a little AO sticker on it.

bread's done
Back