EB Games B&M Deals valid 3/18/05 - 3/27/05

tenzor

CAGiversary!
here are the highlights
valid 3/18/05 - 3/27/05

here is the scan of the ad from ebgames.com
Cheap ass link

*2 For $30 on all Greatest Hits, Platinum Hits and Players Choice games regulary priced $19.99
*Free GBA game ($19.99 or less) when purchased with a GBA SP SYS
*Megaman Anniversary XB $19.99 (I think this is MSRP, good price anyway)
*Free MLB Cap through mail w/purchase of MLB 2006 PS2 valid till 7/15/05
*Fable XB $29.99
*Shadow Hearts Conveant PS2 $19.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/244013.asp
*Mortal Kombat Deception XB/PS2 $29.99 with $10 EB mail in voucher for Unreal Championship 2 (xbox only)
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/240984.asp
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/241016.asp
*Spongebob Movie PS2/GC/XB $29.99
*The Incredibles PS2/GC/XB $29.99
*$20 EB Mail in Voucher when you purchase Halo 2 and Halo 2 Guide Book on same purchase
*Paper Mario GC $39.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/242782.asp
*Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles GC $19.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/234185.asp
*NES Classic Super Mario Bros $14.99 GBA
*NES Classic Adventure of Link $14.99 GBA
*NES Classic Metroid $14.99 GBA
*Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 PC $24.99
*Sims 2 Expansion University $19.99 after $5 instant savings and $10 EB Gift Voucher
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/246667.asp
*Pre Played PS2/XB System for $99.99 when you trade in your working Playstation system and 3 Playstation games or Nintendo 64 system and 5 Nintendo 64 games.

*Get the following titles for $19.99 when you trade in 3 select PS2/XB/GC games
-Fight Night Round 2 XB/PS2
-Timesplitter 3 XB/PS2/GC
-DBZ Sagas PS2/XB/GC

*Receive $50 trade in credit towards these featured titles when you trade in 5 select PS2, XB, GC games
-Mercenaries XB/PS2
-Resident Evil 4 GC
-The Punisher XB/PS 2
-Prince of Persia 2 PS2
-Star Wars Republic Commando XB/PC
-Battlefield 2 w/free headset for pre order PC
-Gran Turismo 4 ps2
-GTA San Andreas XBOX
-DOOM 3 (or CE) XB
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory PS2/XB/GC/PC

I know that my local EB Games fucks me over whenever possible, however possible.

A recent example is giving me a game for no manual for the same price, despite them taking $10000000 off when you trade in a game with no manual.

Or giving me a PS2 with a 3rd party controller as the packin (a crappy one too), which, with insurance, came out to about the price of a new Ps2.

I also had to drive back in forth about 30 times because of 'exclusions' on a deal particular to their store, instead of just letting me take a copy of the damn list with me.

I also left a game in my XBox when I traded it in, and instead of calling me back (why do they have you fill out those nice little receipts with your phone # and address), they just kept the fucking game.

I really don't like doing business with Gamestop or EB. They not only have crap prices 95% of the time, they really suck with used merchandise and the people at EB are notorious for not holding games I ask them to hold and not calling me when my preorder arrives. I don't go near them anymore.

[quote name='manofpeace20']I really don't like doing business with Gamestop or EB. They not only have crap prices 95% of the time, they really suck with used merchandise and the people at EB are notorious for not holding games I ask them to hold and not calling me when my preorder arrives. I don't go near them anymore.[/quote]

I've only had trouble with one EB store, but hopefully the manager and most of the employees will be fired :D . gamestops aren't too bad either and I think that most of their prices are reasonable especially with the CAG codes and Edge card or whenever they do CashforStash.

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='dooddude']what exactly does B&M mean?[/quote]

run your mouse pointer over B&M.[/quote]

****slaps self***** why didnt i try that? anyway, thanks

Phantom Brave SE is going for 19.99 at ebgames.com and at the B&M

my lil bro picked up SH:C and PB for 42 dollars..good deal!

[quote name='Mishimaryu']going off topic...I never played Koudelka for PS1 what does it have anything to do with shadow hearts 1 and 2?[/quote]

From what I heard from MightSlacker it's mainly story and the characters. He says that if you play through it first and then play SH1 it greatly improves the story and the game. I'm just about done with it. It's kind of short.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='Freshwillis']I'm going to play Koudelka, SH and SH:C in order.[/quote]

Me too.[/quote]

I need to dig out my box of PS1 RPGs first. :lol:

[quote name='omegaweapon7']damnit, do i need to play SH1 first? i will get SH2 this weekend[/quote]

I didn't play SH1, and I got the Xbox version of SH2. I think that SH2 is one of those uncommon games that would be played with a higher experience if you played SH1, or get the story of SH1. While I was playing SH2, I was thinking to myself, who is this James? or Maria, or what is the history of this statue.. some places in SH2 may have occured in SH1, because some of the streets are the same, except for some *changes..*

After beating the game, I thought to myself that I would've had a better time playing the first Silent Hill first, because if I were to play SH1 after I beat 2, it would feel "old".

[quote name='Mishimaryu'][quote name='encendido5']don't know if this has been posted, but you can buy these online too. i just picked up FF:CC for $9.99 after using a $10 voucher i had.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/234185.asp[/quote]

where can I get the voucher at?[/quote]

whenever you buy something at EB, a link appears you check out that asks if you if you want to sign up for reservation rewards. if you sign up, they give you a $10 voucher in 6 days and then you can just cancel the membership. you can probably just order something for $1 and sign up at checkout.

[quote name='gamefreak117'][quote name='omegaweapon7']damnit, do i need to play SH1 first? i will get SH2 this weekend[/quote]

I didn't play SH1, and I got the Xbox version of SH2. I think that SH2 is one of those uncommon games that would be played with a higher experience if you played SH1, or get the story of SH1. While I was playing SH2, I was thinking to myself, who is this James? or Maria, or what is the history of this statue.. some places in SH2 may have occured in SH1, because some of the streets are the same, except for some *changes..*

After beating the game, I thought to myself that I would've had a better time playing the first Silent Hill first, because if I were to play SH1 after I beat 2, it would feel "old".[/quote]

I believe he is talking about Shadow Hearts, and not Silent Hill. :wink:

[quote name='schultzed'][quote name='memi']trade in 5 select PS2, XB, GC games

if i trade 5
-primal
-mojo
-ejay club
-mad maestro
-mirra bmx gh ver.

can i get RE4 ??
i also have turik,xiii,pro bass challenge[/quote]

:rofl:

oh, wait he's a newb . . .

My young padawan you have much to learn about the evil empire we call EBGames.

You could have gotten $28 for those games last month, now . . . $3.[/quote]

What's sad is that you aren't joking -- You really will only get $3 rather than the $28+ you could've gotten last month. I am so damn glad I got in on that deal.

Has anyone tried the 2for30, says not approved by manager when I tried it.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Anyone know if Final Fantasy Crystal chronicles comes with a link cable?[/quote]
I wondered the same thing, not that I really care about the link, but hey if it comes free with it.

Also, not about the sale but GTA 3 and Vice City for PS2 are available used for 6.00 and 7.50 respectively after edge card and cag15. Probably old news but just in case anyone missed it.

I went to an ebgames store to pick up a copy of SHC. They had one copy left and it was the display one with the discs kept in an envelope behind the counter. I asked to see the disks before buying the game. Both disks were kept in the same envelope and I saw a big scuff mark on one of them. Of course, I refused to buy it and the guy acted all shocked. How does EBgames get away with selling obviously 'used' games as new?

[quote name='tenchi']I went to an ebgames store to pick up a copy of SHC. They had one copy left and it was the display one with the discs kept in an envelope behind the counter. I asked to see the disks before buying the game. Both disks were kept in the same envelope and I saw a big scuff mark on one of them. Of course, I refused to buy it and the guy acted all shocked. How does EBgames get away with selling obviously 'used' games as new?[/quote]

That is the only thing I don't like about ebgames. That is the way they operate. I had a big discussion with a store clerk there one time and he just told me to either take it or leave it.

I have some questions for the Splinter Cell deal:

1) Does the store honor the online exclusion list? I have Tiger Woods 2004 and when I called one store they said no sports games period...

2) Can you bring in 3 games and get $30?

bread's done
Back