EB Games B&M Sale 6/6-6/13

tenzor

CAGiversary!
-XBOX, Gamecube, GBA SP when you trade in your working PSone system and 7 games or your GBA system and two games (some titles may be excluded)

-when your trade in a working GBA system and 2 games

when your trade in 2 gameboy advance games.
NES Classic games that apply to the deal are
-Mario Bro, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Ice Climber, Excitebike, Bomberman and Pacman

when you trade in 2 gameboy advance games

-http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=FKSJxY2VJAk&offerid=54879.236876&type=2]Champions of Norrath PS2 - $29.99[/URL] free 3 day ship with code FREE3DAY
-Shrek 2 PS2/XB/GC - $29.99 *after $10.00 EB Gift Voucher
-Harry Potter (New one) PS2,XBOX,GC - $39.99
-Harry Potter (new one) PC,GBA - $29.99
-Theif XB - $44.99
-True Crime Streets of LA PS2/XB/GC - $29.99
-Tony Hawk UG PS2,XB,GC - $29.99 (GBA ver - $24.99)
-Alias XB/PS2 - $39.99
-All Star Baseball 2005 PS2/XB - $29.99
-True Crime PC Ver. - $39.99 after $10 EB gift voucher
-Simpsons Hit and Run GC Ver only - $29.99

-Medal of Honor AA
-C&C Generals
-Need for Speed Underground
-NBA Live 2004
-Madden 2004

-Warlords Battlecry III PC - $29.99

-XBOX Live Replacement Headset (MADCATZ) - $4.99
-Free DVD w/ pre-order of Fable
-Free DVD w/ pre-order of Shadow Ops
-Free DVD w/ pre-order of Driver 3
-Free Limited Edition Art Book w/ pre-order of Tales of Symponia
-Free Mortal Kombat DA w/ pre order of Psi-Ops
-Free Spiderman T-shirt w/ pre order of Spiderman 2
-Free Link Cable w/ purchase of Zelda 4 Swords
-Free Pinky Figure w/ pre-order of DOOM 3

-New N-Gage QD system w/free tony hawk for $99.99*
*reflects price after mail-in-rebate

-Fable
-Halo 2
-GTA San Andreas
-Gran Turismo 4
-Spiderman 2
-Pikmin 2
-Splinter Cell PS2/GC
-Tales of Symphonia
-Star Wars Battlefront
-DOA Ultimate
-NCCA Football 2005
-Madden 2005

-Counterstrike XB - $22.99
-Hitman 2 XB - $14.99
-LOTR Return of the King XB - $26.99
-Madden 2004 PS2 - $26.99
-SW KOTOR XB - $24.99
-Tomb Raider PS2 - $8.99
-Brute Force XB - $9.99
-Gran Turismo 3 - $9.99
-GTA III - $12.99
-Metal Gear Solid 2 - $7.99
and many more...

[quote name='jshorr']Any idea when a flyer for this will be in stores? I asked the manager of EB today and he hadn't even heard about it. I'm interested in finding out what other pre-owned games will be on sale to use that 20% in-store preowned coupon.

[quote name='tenzor']i also missed something earlier, but I added it back to the first post.

it was
-simpsons hit and run for gc -$29.99[/quote][/quote]

Wanna scan the coupon for us?

Does that 20% off coupon that you get from playing that stupid game ever expire? It says it expires on 5/29/04.

I had problems trying to print it to a PDF...I got a screen capture...you might call me neurotic but i'm not sure the barcode would scan with that kind of quality.....and I'd hate for anyone to have any BS at a store because of the way the coupon looked.....i'd just play the game, it's stupid but easy and you can get the best quality printout....

I could scan it but it'd have to be tomorrow evening...

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR'][quote name='jshorr']Any idea when a flyer for this will be in stores? I asked the manager of EB today and he hadn't even heard about it. I'm interested in finding out what other pre-owned games will be on sale to use that 20% in-store preowned coupon.

[quote name='tenzor']i also missed something earlier, but I added it back to the first post.

it was

Wanna scan the coupon for us?[/quote]

The new one is 7/3/04.

[quote name='sj41']Does that 20% off coupon that you get from playing that stupid game ever expire? It says it expires on 5/29/04.[/quote]

[quote name='jshorr']The new one is 7/3/04.

[quote name='sj41']Does that 20% off coupon that you get from playing that stupid game ever expire? It says it expires on 5/29/04.[/quote][/quote] So I will need to try and get a new coupon?

[quote name='jshorr']Alias has just dropped to 29.99 new, 26.99 used. Ebgames.com has it for 26.99 used but 49.99 new, I'm sure they will update soon. I just called my local EB and confirmed. I know most people don't like the game and granted it's not great but I'm such a fan of the show I want to pick it up. I have an order processing from gamestop.com 29.99 new plus 10% off, but if I can pick out a nice copy in-store for 30% off with GMR for $18.83 plus tax I may do that instead.[/quote]

You are a fan of the show, I would of never of guessed with your icon, hehe I watch the show too been waiiting for the game to drop, but $30 is still too much for it.

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR'][quote name='jshorr']Any idea when a flyer for this will be in stores? I asked the manager of EB today and he hadn't even heard about it. I'm interested in finding out what other pre-owned games will be on sale to use that 20% in-store preowned coupon.

it was

its not really a coupon, its just a flyer... i would scan the flyer but I dont have a scanner. If you guys go into your local EB and just look at there pre-played games if it says POX on the price tag then that means its excluded from all promotions, however if it just says PO then it will work with the promotions.

They actually dropped the price to 30 new on the website last night and I used my reservation rewards $10 which was expiring today, so it was 19.99 + tax and $2 shipping. Worth it to me....now im just waiting on the guide to drop to 1 cent.

If you wait too long for it to drop there's a chance it might be hard to locate a new copy, since the game sold so poorly I doubt stores are ordering any new copies.

[quote name='fifthcore'][quote name='jshorr']Alias has just dropped to 29.99 new, 26.99 used. Ebgames.com has it for 26.99 used but 49.99 new, I'm sure they will update soon. I just called my local EB and confirmed. I know most people don't like the game and granted it's not great but I'm such a fan of the show I want to pick it up. I have an order processing from gamestop.com 29.99 new plus 10% off, but if I can pick out a nice copy in-store for 30% off with GMR for $18.83 plus tax I may do that instead.[/quote]

You are a fan of the show, I would of never of guessed with your icon, hehe I watch the show too been waiiting for the game to drop, but $30 is still too much for it.[/quote]

[quote name='tenzor'][quote name='AzN_BaLLeR'][quote name='jshorr']Any idea when a flyer for this will be in stores? I asked the manager of EB today and he hadn't even heard about it. I'm interested in finding out what other pre-owned games will be on sale to use that 20% in-store preowned coupon.

it was

its not really a coupon, its just a flyer... i would scan the flyer but I dont have a scanner. If you guys go into your local EB and just look at there pre-played games if it says POX on the price tag then that means its excluded from all promotions, however if it just says PO then it will work with the promotions.[/quote]

Oh I meant the coupon for "Cash for games" But if they have a hard copy one there that would be nice too.

*Doesn't see Ace Combat 5, Midnight Club, Splashdown, and Crash Bandicoot 5 on ps2 exclusion list*

*realizes that local Best Buy still has tons of those games bundled in double packs for $5.*

*Runs to local Best Buy*

I just got Champions of norrath for 20.03 used with my 20% off from the game on EB.com and my %10 off from my edge card. Thanks for the heads up.

I saw on the first page Shrek 2 for 29.99...is that accurate? The website still lists the price as 49.99 and it has the expired $10 mail-in rebate. Can anyone confirm the price of Shrek 2 in-store this week and any rebates that come with it? Thanks.

shrek 2 had a price drop at eb to $39.99, and the 10 dollar rebate is suppose to make it $29.99. Circuit City however this week has it for $29.99 without any rebates so that is a better deal.

It looks like from their (CC) website it's PS2 only, is that incorrect?

And is there a new rebate at EB because I only see the old one...

[quote name='tenzor']shrek 2 had a price drop at eb to $39.99, and the 10 dollar rebate is suppose to make it $29.99. Circuit City however this week has it for $29.99 without any rebates so that is a better deal.[/quote]

Has anyone actually done the trade in 2 games for 20 bucks off a preorder? If so, did you have to bring the ad?

I was wondering because I just went to my local EB and when I tried to do the trade in deal, they looked at me as though I had two heads. They told me that it was not in their computer system and had no idea what I was talking about. I then mentioned the flyer that was in the paper but they still had no knowledge of its existence and told me to bring in the ad because I think they thought I was lying or something.

I just wanted to know because I find it truly strange that the employees there don't even know about their own promotions :roll:

you do not need the ad to do the deal.
the reason it isn't ringing up how it should could be because of two things:
1. you are trading in POX (excluded) titles
2. you are using it on a wrong preorder. the titles in the back of the ad are the only ones it works for.

the computer automatically rings it up when it is done correctly.

Lordopus99,

You might be surprised how many EB employees (not you) are completely clueless. I went in with the 20% off coupon, and the guy looked at me like I was f'n nuts and told me "you need to bring the original of a coupon, you can't make copies." I explained to him that it was printed out from ebgames's website (close enough) and he had to get on the phone for 5 minutes with someone at another location. And this was in the middle of the week. Amazing that they had no idea of the promotion.

[quote name='lordopus99']you do not need the ad to do the deal.
the reason it isn't ringing up how it should could be because of two things:
1. you are trading in POX (excluded) titles
2. you are using it on a wrong preorder. the titles in the back of the ad are the only ones it works for.

the computer automatically rings it up when it is done correctly.[/quote]

Unfortunately, I didn't even get that far. As soon as I mentioned that I would like to trade the games towards tales of symphonia, he gave me a puzzled look and I had a feeling it would all go downhill from there. He didn't even scan the games I was going to trade in and just went straight to the computer where he said that he didn't know what I was talking about. Since I haven't had too much trouble at EB I'll just chalk this up to a miscommunication and try again at some other EB.

Thanks for the heads up though lordopus, It gives me something to think about if something else goes wrong.

just go back and have him trade them in towards Tales Preorder. When he trades them in, ask if they are excluded. if they aren't excluded, no matter how clueless the employee is the extra trade-in auto comes in at total.
NOTE: it doesn't not give you an extra 20. it justs ups your trade-ins to 20 together.

I did the deal at my store for the same game.

Btw, the exclusions list is for the free Halo2 thing, Im sure the POX games are diffrent. Hopefully I can get $20 off of Symphonia (free art book get!) and Ultimate (awwwwww yeah!) then I'll probably put the twenty spot down on ESPN Football :D

[quote name='Blamo']Btw, the exclusions list is for the free Halo2 thing, Im sure the POX games are diffrent. Hopefully I can get $20 off of Symphonia (free art book get!) and Ultimate (awwwwww yeah!) then I'll probably put the twenty spot down on ESPN Football :D[/quote]

I finally was able to get the preorder done correctly and one of the games I traded in (vexx) was a pox game, according to my receipt, but the system still gave me 10 in credit for it. Also, they didn't give me my freebies for Symphonia since they told me a lot of people try to scam them so the EB said that they give them out with the game instead of beforehand.

I finally was able to get the preorder done correctly and one of the games I traded in (vexx) was a pox game, according to my receipt, but the system still gave me 10 in credit for it. Also, they didn't give me my freebies for Symphonia since they told me a lot of people try to scam them so the EB said that they give them out with the game instead of beforehand.

The only thing we have received so far is the mini-poster. In my district, we pass them out. The only thing we don't give out before pickup is free games (i.e. free MK:DA with Psyops).

[quote name='"Blamo"']Btw, the exclusions list is for the free Halo2 thing, Im sure the POX games are diffrent. Hopefully I can get $20 off of Symphonia (free art book get!) and Ultimate (awwwwww yeah!) then I'll probably put the twenty spot down on ESPN Football :D[/quote]

:?: What free halo thing? I did this deal the other day and got the $20 off but there was no mention of any freebie with halo. Can a fellow CAG tell me what it is? Also if the exclusions list IS ONLY FOR the halo 2 freebie (whatever that is) does that mean if there are games on it I HAVE and want to trade CAN I use it to get $20 deal off another game????..

(The deal ends today the 13th....)

Hey guys, I just traded in a GBA and namco museum + the first castlevania for the nes sp. It's sooooooooooooooooooo cool, I suggest all you guys (especially the older people), to pick one up pronto!

Well as usual if you want somthing done have to do it yourself (see previous post). So I went to EB to find out about those exclusions of games for trade-in deal (for Fable). My games included to trade in were Hulk, Ridge Racer V, GunGriffon Blaze, Hard Hitter Tennis, Inside Drive 2002 and Mad Maestro. I go to the clerk and as he runs them through he tells me all of these games except Hulk I would get .50 !!!!! What the f...! And for the Hulk I get $4.00. WOW what a freaking deal...not. So also this guy tells me that Fable is delayed until Next year March!! (he says he spoke to a "rep from X-Box" :roll: ) Any vailidity to this? So feeling pissed and dejected I just decided to go to gamestop JUST TO SEE what I would get for my games. They happened to be running a 3 trade-in for $20 special and all my games qualified except for Inside Drive 2002 (oooh a whole $1) and SSX Tricky. Come to find out the clerk won't take Tricky cause it's scratched (when did these guys get standards?!?...considering that's how I bought it) and if I traded in I WOULD LOSE $2 trade-in value. So I took Tricky to EB exchanged for a different one and got $10 credit for that game and $20 for trading in the following: Ridge Racer V, GunGriffon Blaze, and Hulk. They would've took Hard Hitter Tennis and Mad Maestro but I needed a third game to get that $20 deal so I kept them. Also the game stop clerk says he knew of no delay on Fable----so who the hell is right?!?....Here's to A BIG F U to EB..... :twisted:

continue to think Fable will come out this year and you will be upset at employees at both stores. Think of Fable as a game that is too advanced for its time. They just announced that they are cutting its "xbox live" capabilities. That kind of tells me that it is going to be delayed again. It's not like it hasn't been delayed before. It was supposed to release early in the Xbox lifetime. Don't get me wrong I want Fable as much as the next guy but I don't get excited for a game in which I know won't come out for at least another year.
As for your trade in deals toward preorder, think of it this way... if you paid less than 20 dollars for your game (such as Mad Maestro, Ridge Racer, Gungriffon, Hard Hitter Tennis, Inside Drive), most likely it will be POX.

I managed to trade in TIBES: AERIAL ASSUALT and POWERPUFF GIRLS for PS2 in my SYMPHONIA trade-in. Got them both at the BB $5 sale.

with these "trade in X number of games get X number of dollars off" deals, do you also get the value of those games in credit? cause GMR magazine had a coupon in it for 40 dollars off full spectrum warrior with 4 trade ins.

Tenzor thanks for posting the deal!

I got in on the $20 off for 2 trade-ins on Pikmin 2 . . . Hopefully Target, BB or CC will have it in a flyer for $39.99 at launch and I can get a price match . . .

Also thanks CAGs for posting the exclusion list . . . I noticed a flaw!!! GC Robotech Battlecry Collector's Edition was listed but not the game itself . . . I already had the game for Xbox but got the GC CE for $5 at EB month ago . . . so traded in the game (which no one here wants :cry: ) for $10 credit. Plus, I traded in Sphinx (not POX) which I got for $5 at Target last week--again no interest here on GAG.

So, $20 credit for $10 (although I get to keep all the crap in the Robo CE) . . .

Pikmin 2 is one of those rare titles that I know I'm not going to wait for. Although I might just convert the $20 to regular store credit later . . .

Both of the games came up $3 in their system.

I got in on the $20 off for 2 trade-ins on Pikmin 2 . . . Hopefully Target, BB or CC will have it in a flyer for $39.99 at launch and I can get a price match . . .

sorry neither EB or Gamestop match prices.

bread's done
Back