Average Box

CAGiversary!
Here is EB Games Black Friday Super Sale Flyer (Nov. 22 to Nov. 26):

http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/landing/flyer/black-friday-2012/#.UKvwbIf7LX5

Deals:

COD: Black Ops Declassified PS Vita Bundle - $199.99
500GB PS3 Bundles (Comes with 1 year Playstation Plus Subscription) - $299.99
Playstation Move Essentials (Comes with Sports Champions 2) - $39.99
4GB Xbox 360 Kinect Holiday Bundle (Comes with Kinect Disneyland Adventures + Kinect Adventures) - $199.99
PS3 Dualshock 3 Controller - $39.99
Leapster GS Explorer - $69.99 - NOV 23 ONLY!
Innotab Learning Tablet - $69.99
Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Mouse - $59.99
Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Headset - $89.99
Nyko Playpad Pro Tablet Controller - $39.99
Save 10% On all Beats by Dr Dre Headsets
Save 10% On Recycled Games
Save $10 on the purchase of a $50 iTunes Card
Save 50% On all new Ubisoft Games Priced $29.99 or Less

$59.99 Games:

Black Ops 2 - [360/PS3]
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 w/ Gun - [360/PS3/WII]

$49.99 Games:

Assassin's Creed 3 [PS3/360] - (Comes with a graphic novel + DLC)
Skylander Giants Starter Kit - [360/PS3/WII/3DS]
NBA 2K13 - [360/PS3]

$44.99 Games:

NHL 13 - [360/PS3]
Fifa Soccer 13 - [360/PS3]
Madden NFL 13 - [360/PS3]

$39.99 Games:

Borderlands 2 - [360/PS3]
Skyrim - [360/PS3/PC]
Nascar The Game: Inside Line - [360/PS3]
Dishonored [360/PS3/PC]
Medal of Honor: Warfighter - [360/PS3/PC]
Diablo 3 - [PC]
Persona 4 Arena - [360/PS3]
Forza Horizon - [360] - NOV 25-29 ONLY
Kinect Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure - [360] - NOV 23-28 ONLY

$29.99 Games:

Dead or Alive 5 - [360/PS3]
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - [360/PS3]
Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition - [360/PS3]
Sleeping Dogs - [360/PS3]
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - [WII/3DS]
Doom 3 BFG Edition - [360/PS3]
DragonBall Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - [360/PS3]
Zumba Fitness 2 - [WII]
Little Big Planet Karting - [PS3]
Star Wars Kinect - [360]
Zumba Fitness Rush - [360]

$19.99 Games:

Silent Hill Downpour - [360/PS3]
Devil May Cry HD Collection - [360/PS3]
Max Payne 3 - [360/PS3]
Dirt Showdown - [360/PS3]
Game of Thrones - [360/PS3] - NOV 23 and NOV 24 ONLY!
Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition - [360/PS3]
Lollipop Chainsaw - [360/PS3]
Lego Batman 2 - [360/PS3/3DS/DS/PC/WII/VITA]
Kingdom Hearts: 3D Dream Drop Distance - [3DS]
Angry Birds Trilogy - [360/PS3/3DS]
Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater - [3DS]
Sonic Generation - [360/PS3/3DS]
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations - [360/PS3]
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - [360/PS3]
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria - [PC]
Kinect Sesame Street TV - [360]
Kinect Nat Geo TV - [360]

$14.99 Games:

Dark Souls - [360/PS3]

$9.99 Games:

Dead Island - [360/PS3]

[quote name='gaboumafou']Are store really crowded on Black Friday in Canada?[/QUOTE]

Not even a little bit. The only added business will be from the first Christmas shoppers and Friday shoppers who just got their paychecks. The Black Friday bit barely adds any traffic at all.

Well I just got a call from head office or district manager or whoever it was. Gave her a piece of my mind, she goes we hope you shop with us again lol.

I've worked at many retail stores including that very same EB location so the employees behavior was unacceptable. Do you know what the lady told me on the phone? "Some of our employees aren't up to date on the promotions" really then who should? The customer? Because that's not how it works.

[quote name='QuagsireQing']Not even a little bit. The only added business will be from the first Christmas shoppers and Friday shoppers who just got their paychecks. The Black Friday bit barely adds any traffic at all.[/QUOTE]

Huh? I've seen the Walmarts and BestBuys packed when I've wandered out before. Not close to anything US stores see, or even Boxing Day packed. But certainly not worth your time.

Canadians can get pretty crazy during sales too...usually our sales just suck or nothing good is amazingly cheap during boxing day...i remember when i was around 14 I went to Square One during boxing day and it was packed than this one store had the great idea to announce that they were having a "30 min super sale" or something where everything in the store was 3 for 1...holy crap...the hoard of shoppers that ran to the store was like watching the scene in Lion King where simba was stuck in the stampede...the funny thing was that the store didn't even have great items...I just remember a lot of people pushing and trying to rush in..i'm pretty sure i saw a few elbows fly LOL

picked up prince of persia hd collection, splinter cell hd collection, dmc collection and dishonored. money well spent

[quote name='CoachHines']Ugh just had the worst experience ever at Scarborough Town Center EB. I walk up to the counter and both employees blatantly ignore me, I guess what was on their phone was much more interesting and worthwhile than serving the customer. I said excuse me and asked for Devil May Cry HD Collection and the response I got was "Oh the sale starts tomorrow". I was in a hurry so I left and decided to call them from outside the store to ask when the sale starts and the response I got was "today".

Absolutely disgusted with the behavior of the employees and the blatant lying to me face. Is there any way I can complain to head office or a district manager?[/QUOTE]

It's the likelihood of this happening at EB Games that made me walk into Best Buy on Friday, grabbed Devil May Cry HD & MGS HD, walked up to cash and said I'd like to pricematch this please.... they glanced the prices on my phone, and done. $18 each. Thank you Best Buy.

It turns out that the Dead Island edition on sale for 10$ is the "Greatest Hits", which has the same extra content as the GOTY.

That's what I noticed in-store, but online they're showing it as the regular non-GOTY/GH edition. So who knows really.

[quote name='jeffx']It turns out that the Dead Island edition on sale for 10$ is the "Greatest Hits", which has the same extra content as the GOTY.

That's what I noticed in-store, but online they're showing it as the regular non-GOTY/GH edition. So who knows really.[/QUOTE]

This didn't seem to be the case with the 360 version I saw in the store, so maybe they don't want to make it look like one console is getting a better deal?

Or it's just incompetence. Yeah, that's probably more likely.

Argh, I'm too slow yet again. The PS3 version of the Devil May Cry Collection is back to 40$ online. I thought the deal was supposed to last until tomorrow?

Do you know if they will honor the 20$ price if I go to a store tonight, or it's too late?

It should be fine in store. If not raise hell with the printed flyer. If that still doesn't work take the physical flyer over to BestBuy/Future Shop/Walmart and get the collection for less than $20.

[quote name='JGonspy']This didn't seem to be the case with the 360 version I saw in the store, so maybe they don't want to make it look like one console is getting a better deal?

Or it's just incompetence. Yeah, that's probably more likely.[/QUOTE]

maybe it depends on location but at the vaughan mills location I saw the GOTY edition for 10 bucks

[quote name='Hyunkel']How long does EB usually take to ship items? I ordered something last Friday, and status is still "open".[/QUOTE]

I ordered something on Saturday, and it is on the truck for delivery this morning. Sounds like there might be a problem with your order.

[quote name='Hyunkel']How long does EB usually take to ship items? I ordered something last Friday, and status is still "open".[/QUOTE]

I ordered both the MGS HD Collection and Batman Arkham City GotY saturday and today I got MGS only. I guess it depends on the games you ordered.

bread's done
Back