EB Games Columbus Day Sales 10/9-10/17 [some deals are only 2 days]

tenzor

CAGiversary!
UPDATE #2
The ebgames.com website has the scan of the actual flyer here is the link
Cheap ass link

UPDATE
There are two parts to this sale, one is from 10/10 through 10/11 which is the special 2 day sale. (Mostly the $9.99, $4.99 games are only for those two days). The second part which is just the regular sale begins 10/10 and goes through 10/17.

Gamecube Deals
*F-Zero GX - $9.99
*Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles $39.99
*Flash Memory Card 2x $4.99
*Spiderman 2 $39.99 after $10 eb gift voucher
*Midway Arcade Treasures $9.99

Playstation 2
*Eye Toy $29.99
*The Hobbit $4.99
*10.00 EB Games mail in gift voucher w/ purchase of Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and Mortal Kombat Deception
*The Suffering $19.99 after $10 eb gift voucher
*Psi-Ops $19.99 after $10 eb gift voucher
*Max Payne $9.99
*Max Payne 2 Fall of Max Payne $9.99
*Legecy of Kain Defiance $9.99

XBOX
*Save $10.00 when you buy Full Spectrum Warrior and Xbox Live Kit
*The Hobbit $4.99
*10.00 EB Games mail in gift voucher w/ purchase of Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and Mortal Kombat Deception
*The Suffering $19.99 after $10 eb gift voucher
*Psi-Ops $19.99 after $10 eb gift voucher
*Max Payne $9.99
*Max Payne 2 Fall of Max Payne $9.99
*Legecy of Kain Defiance $9.99

N-Gage
*N-Gage QD System - $99.99 after $100 mail in rebate w/In store activation

PC
*DOOM 3 $39.99 after $5 instant savings & $10 EB gift mail in voucher
*Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War - $44.99
*Call of Duty - $9.99
*Zoo Empire - $9.99
*Spiderman 2 -$19.99
*Save $5.00 instantly on the following PC games
-Age of Mythology Gold
-Dark Age of Camelot Catabcomb
-Everquest Plat.
-Rise of Nations Gold Edition
-Warcraft 3 Battlechest
-Neverwinter Nights Plat.
-Sid Meier's Civilization 3
-Medieval Total War Battle Collection

GBA
*Spiderman 2 - $19.99

Accesories
*Red Octane Ignition Dance Pad - $89.99

Free Stuff
*Free Tony Hawk 2 Strategy Guide after EB games mail in gift voucher when you purchase Tony Hawk 2 game and guide book
*Free Metroid 2 Echoes Shirt w/pre order of Metroid 2 on GC

Trade in deals
*Gameboy Advance SP $49.99 w/ trade in of working GBA system and one GBA game
*$30.00 TRADE IN CREDIT toward the purchase of Tony Hawk Underground 2 when you trade in 2 select PS2,XBOX, or Gamecube Games
*Receive an additional $25 trade in credit after EB games gift voucher when you trade in 5 select PS2, XBOX, or Gamecube Games

$4.99 Pre Played Games
*Pre-Played Madden NFL 2004 PS2,XBOX ONLY [no GC]
*Pre-Played Dragonball Z Budokai PS2 ONLY
*Pre-Played Splinter Cell XBOX ONLY

Save $5.00 off instantly off any Pre-Played game $19.99 or more

November 9th Midnight Madness (12:00am)Pre Order your copy of *Halo 2 now and come pick it up at midnight on Nov 9th

[quote name='radjago']F-Zero GX - $9.99

Is this PO or new?[/quote]It's for NEW.

And the full sale is in store only, I think, but some of the games might be the same price online.

I was just checking out a neighboring deal site (dealrush.com) and they don't have the trade-in 2 for 30 towards THUG 2 deal listed. Instead, they have buy THUG 2 and the guide and get a $15 gift voucher...Can anybody confirm which deal it's going to be this weekend?

Aww man!

According to the online flyer for the Pc games you have to buy TWO to get five sdollars off. In other words you have to spend at least $60 to save five measly dollars. What a rip off.

What are the details of the 5 games for extra $25 trade-in? I ordered 4 copies of Amplitude from Overstock.com for $2 each in hopes of trading them in with their promotion of 4 games for extra $15 with no exclusions. However, I just got the games in today and now that deal is over. Is there any exclusions for the upcoming deal? Would I be able to use all four copies of Amplitude and one other game for the upcoming deal? Also is the trade-in deal going on for the whole week or just the first two days? Also does Gamestop have any similar deals to this? Sorry if this was already answered, I didn't feel like looking through the whole topic to find out.

[quote name='qaopjlll']What are the details of the 5 games for extra $25 trade-in? I ordered 4 copies of Amplitude from Overstock.com for $2 each in hopes of trading them in with their promotion of 4 games for extra $15 with no exclusions. However, I just got the games in today and now that deal is over. Is there any exclusions for the upcoming deal? Would I be able to use all four copies of Amplitude and one other game for the upcoming deal? Also is the trade-in deal going on for the whole week or just the first two days? Also does Gamestop have any similar deals to this? Sorry if this was already answered, I didn't feel like looking through the whole topic to find out.[/quote]

Most stores will not allow duplicate titles, but some are more lax than others. Four of the same title seems rather excessive, though.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='qaopjlll']What are the details of the 5 games for extra $25 trade-in? I ordered 4 copies of Amplitude from Overstock.com for $2 each in hopes of trading them in with their promotion of 4 games for extra $15 with no exclusions. However, I just got the games in today and now that deal is over. Is there any exclusions for the upcoming deal? Would I be able to use all four copies of Amplitude and one other game for the upcoming deal? Also is the trade-in deal going on for the whole week or just the first two days? Also does Gamestop have any similar deals to this? Sorry if this was already answered, I didn't feel like looking through the whole topic to find out.[/quote]

Most stores will not allow duplicate titles, but some are more lax than others. Four of the same title seems rather excessive, though.[/quote]

Are there any exceptions though?

[quote name='MM3_XBOX']I was just checking out a neighboring deal site (dealrush.com) and they don't have the trade-in 2 for 30 towards THUG 2 deal listed. Instead, they have buy THUG 2 and the guide and get a $15 gift voucher...Can anybody confirm which deal it's going to be this weekend?[/quote]

Answered my own question today at my local eb...turns out there are two deals. One with the trade in, and one with the guide. w00t

Call of duty is the best ww2 first person shooter ever. $10 is a steal.

I got mine at BB on black friday for $20 and still worth it. Gonna Pick up an extra copy for the updates and lan play.

I need to hit an EB Games when it opens thanks to the apparance on fatwallet. There's a couple of games I would like from their sales.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']Call of duty is the best ww2 first person shooter ever. $10 is a steal.

I got mine at BB on black friday for $20 and still worth it. Gonna Pick up an extra copy for the updates and lan play.[/quote]

it wasnt 20, it was 30. i remember very clearly. i got the game on black friday too.

So i can trade in Silent Hill 3 PS2, Wild arms 3 PS2, DOA Volleyball, Mechassault, and unreal 2 and get the 25 extra giftvoucher? Does the trade in all have to be for instore credit?

[quote name='Trakan']Is the flyer in store as well? It won't let me download it.[/quote]

it should work by right click and click on SAVE AS

[quote name='CheapyD']Odd... only the xbox version of MAT and Max Payne 2 are $10 on EBgames.com right now.[/quote]

the PC version was 10 earlier when I looked(MP 2)

All of these are NEW (game...no PO) at EBGames.com are for Xbox that i know of since i am not checking ps2/ gc/ or pc. ok,here we go. i am not sure if this is a deal,but they caught my eye new at $9.99 and under

Alias $9.99
Rogue Ops $6.99
007 Agent Under Fire $9.99
James Bond 007: Nightfire $9.99
XIII $9.99
Backyard Wrestling w/ Bonus (1st one,not the new one coming out) $9.99
Carve $9.99
NFL 2K3 $2.99
R:Racing Evolution $9.99

I want to get Midieval Total War. But in the flyer it says the compilation is $25 after the $5 off. ON Ebgames.com it says that it's $20.

I hope it's $20 in stores. If not I'll order online. Or maybe I'll wait a bit. Supposedly there's a jewel case version coming out that'll be less than $15, but I wonder if it'll come witht he vikings expansion pack.

By the way, does EBgames pricematch other stores?
No. Mine pricematches the nextdoor KB Toys, but apparently thats extremely rare and against policy. Not like anything would ever be cheaper there anyway.

I went to BB and picked up Zelda WW for $15. Last non-PH copy.

I didn''t want to make a second trip to EB, so I tried to PM the sale prices. The managers would let me PM F-Zero but not Call of Duty. He said they were out of stock. Well, I smelled BS because he was very aqgainst the Call of Duty PM. He was a nice guy, served me courteously and even apologized, but he wasn;t willing to drop the price for $30 to $10.

So, I take the extra twenty minutes to go to Ebgames. Sure enough Call of Duty was in stock. I wanted to use my 10 gift voucher that expires in November. But it only works on purchases OVER $10. I wanted to add PSI OPs, but they had no new and sealed copies. The best they could do was put a new disc in a used case. So I ddin't pick that up but got Call of Duty anyway.

None of the EbGames have a new factory sealed copy of Psi Ops without stickers on the cases. I have this voucher I can only use in store. It's aggravating I couldn't use it on Call of Duty.

so today i had a lost opportunity

should i have done this?

was at eb and this kid was trading in marvel vs capcom 2 and they gave him 16 cash for it. he wanted cash and i said dam i would have given u more. he would have taken 17. how good of a price is that for it. considering it was one of the 5 dolla games i missed out on at CC? should i have done it?

also the lady told me the Halo2 LE version is only a preorder item and wont be available after nov 9th. is that true????

i do it all the time
ussually the guys behind the counter are cool and are like dude take his money u make more. this guy was surprised though. ive been stalking eb customers trading games in for yrs. i got crazy balls when it comes to that. i wouldnt care what the eb guys said or would do. i mean damn i got a brand new eye toy from some kid trading it in for 10 bucks recently.

Well I got the last and only new copy of f zero gx at eb in Covina, CA. Kinda sad how they have it on sale for 10 bucks and only have one copy. Oh wells, even though it was a new but opened copy I am still happy that I only paid 10 bucks for it. Thanks CAG!

Ebgames Rock. I just traded in WIld arms 3 and Dragonball for the Gamecube and got THUG2 for GBA FREE..... this is where it rocks,my cousin got the game at BB for 14.99 using the 5 buck off coupon so i took my copy back to Ebgames they gave me 30 bucks credit for the game..... It rocks cause Wild arms 3 and Dragon ball would never fetch 30 trade in

Yes, you should have gotten Marvel vs. Capcom for $17. I sold my $5 copy on Ebay for $70 a couple weeks ago. I then traded in games I had spent $15 on for another one and I got $61 out of that one on Ebay.

I went there last night to trade in 5 games. On hearing the news that the site doesn't have all the excluded games, I brought nine along. Now, these are all budget titles now, but almost all of them are good. So, I didn't think I'd get much, 20 tops. I got there, and handed Tom, the kindly, wise, and youthful man behind the counter, my nine games. 5 of them were accepted for the 25 dollar rebate. "Alright," I said, "How much are these worth?"

"Thirty-four Dollars."

I said, "A-what-a-what-a-HUUUUUUUHHHH?!?!?! My good man?"

So, as it turns out, a buncha $2 games mixed in with a few $5-7 dollar games gets me almost 60 bucks....

Then I went and blew 24 at the Gamestop across the street on 2 N64 games. That was fine, though, cause I got a free one with them with their "Buy 2 used games, get one free" deal. I couldn't get the boxed, new, ten-dollar Pokemon Puzzle League included in the deal, though, because it was new. So I spent 13 on a loose, used copy instead.

Gamestop is evil.

I went to my EBgames today and I saw that they had a used copy of Suikoden 3 for $40. That's a little too much for me. I don't like how none of their game are in alphabetical order, makes it a hassle to find something.

Went to my EB and got all three items I wanted. No Max Payne 2 on the shelves, but an employee I buy from often got it from the back along with that flash card. They had some EyeToys but I just didn't need one at the time. TONS of people in the store, but then again it was Sunday and the whole mall was full.

I went to EB today and got Call of Duty for $10 and was able to get Pandora Tomorrow for $5, but they took down the ads for PT after I got it. I also traded in 5 old games for San Andreas, including Outlaw Volleyball Red Hot which I got for $2 at Blockbuster.

a good idea would be to get multiple copies of hobbit for ps2 at 5 bucks each

each trades in 17 dollars at gamerush (thats already including the 5 bucks extra)

sadly, mine only accepts 2 per day

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']I don't like how none of their game are in alphabetical order, makes it a hassle to find something.[/quote]

it is very hard to keep games in alphebetical order. i recently alphabetized the entire used ps2 section at work (everything was all over the place). it didn't even last the day before everything was messed up again. it really pissed me off seeing as i worked on it for 3 hours it was so bad. so before you say how you don't like it, think of how hard it is for the employees to keep the stuff in alphabetical order. i have alphabetized the xbox sections (new and used), gamecube sections, and ps2 sections now and none have stayed in order even a day even after trying to fix it a few times the same day so that it didn't get too bad.

Pretty sure most of this stuff is still at my local EB's. I am going to run out there this afternoon and clean them out!

bread's done
Back