EB Games-FREE EDGE card + POSTER when you preorder Gears of war 2!

[quote name='deluga']forget this, I just get it at futureshop[/quote]

;) Yup yup free Locust action figure (the headshot one) and COG tags!

COG tags with every purchase, action figures while supplies last says the newsletter, also it's gonna be in next week's flyer.

[quote name='kathos'];) Yup yup free Locust action figure (the headshot one) and COG tags!

COG tags with every purchase, action figures while supplies last says the newsletter, also it's gonna be in next week's flyer.[/quote]
Thats what I'm doing. Maybe even rock out to a Midnight Launch (you don't have to be 17 to attend do you? I'll be with my dad.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Thats what I'm doing. Maybe even rock out to a Midnight Launch (you don't have to be 17 to attend do you? I'll be with my dad.[/quote]

Nah there's no age restriction, but someone 17 and over has the buy the game (but since you'll be with your dad there's no problem).

I actually got the cog tags free from EB games with my pre-order (had some extra credit from the trade 2 get NHL 09 deal, and I had no interest in NHL 09 :p). But I didn't get the edge card, so I'll just ask for it when I pick the game up.

[quote name='imcrazy']I actually got the cog tags free from EB games with my pre-order (had some extra credit from the trade 2 get NHL 09 deal, and I had no interest in NHL 09 :p). But I didn't get the edge card, so I'll just ask for it when I pick the game up.[/quote]

so EB is giving away cog tags as well?

also, are they cool looking?

I went to a local EB and heard the guys there talking about this (or a similar) deal. Talk about missing the point. The one guy was moaning about how they make their money on Edge cards and giving them away was totally stupid because that's where they make their money.

Talk about not getting the point, I thought.

Anyhow, this is a good deal. I generally don't care for buying used games, but Edge cards have still wound up being a worthwhile deal for me at $5, let alone free.

the cog tags are sweet, i got some from our MS vendor at microsoft.

dark ominous picture coming
tagsmb6.jpg

i dunno man, its nice as a freebie (because anything that's free is nice)... but other that that, it looks pretty cheap and shitty =P
the figure is cooler!

[quote name='SickBoy']I went to a local EB and heard the guys there talking about this (or a similar) deal. Talk about missing the point. The one guy was moaning about how they make their money on Edge cards and giving them away was totally stupid because that's where they make their money.

Talk about not getting the point, I thought.

Anyhow, this is a good deal. I generally don't care for buying used games, but Edge cards have still wound up being a worthwhile deal for me at $5, let alone free.[/quote]
If a customer has an Edge card, they will be more likely to buy used games, and that'swhere EB makes their money.

[quote name='game_fanatic']If a customer has an Edge card, they will be more likely to buy used games, and that'swhere EB makes their money.[/quote]

exactly.

do eb employees get any commission based on number of edge cards sold? just curious...because he could've been referring to that too - if that's the case...i have no clue.

They get hours based on how many preorders, reserves and EDGE cards they sell. Sponsors will also give away games and things to the best performing sales employee.

bread's done
Back