Eb Games/Gamestop to do Buy 2 get 1 used

Tebunker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
According to another website, a poster with connections to a District Manager let him know that starting October 20th through October 29th all used games will be buy 2 get 1 free. Will obviously confirm this tomorrow, but this gives us something to check out on Friday.

Sweet. But kinda sucks for them they also did it atr the same time as TRU. They should do it a few weeks after but before Black Friday.

Guess the Gamestop Management doesn't read CAG #-o

Combine this with the FYE deal and you can get 3 new 360 games for the price of 4 used Gamestop games.

NBA Live 06, NBA 2k6, Madden 06, College Hoops, Ridge Racer 6, and NHL 2k6. Then I can use my Edge card and the gameinformer coupon for 20% off that.

3 new 360 games for $55.

I'm going tomorrow to get Saint's Row, NBA 2k7, and Splinter Cell all for Xbox 360 all for $55.

Sweet, do you think DVD's will be buy 2 get 1 free also? There's a bunch of Disney move's i'm thinking of picking up...

Oh this is perfect, i just got Advance Wars and Mario 64DS two days ago (used) those bad boys are getting taken back tomorrow so i can get that free game!!

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Sweet. But kinda sucks for them they also did it atr the same time as TRU. They should do it a few weeks after but before Black Friday.

Guess the Gamestop Management doesn't read CAG #-o[/quote]
I know! I really wanted Conker, Doom 3, and Ninja Gaiden Black too :cry:

Strange, they usually start these things on a Sunday I think? But they've jacked the prices on everything up so its not as useful as it has been in the past.

I just got off work, and I can confirm. It starts tomorrow and ends Sunday. It's on all used items, even systems. The system just can't be the free item.

We just got the email tonight.

I was the one that posted this on another forum, and fairly reliable source at EBGames (GM) tells me he got a corporate memo tonight before closing telling him that this is the deal that will start tomorrow.

I am not regretting all of those used PS2 games I purchased last month, and wish I had waited. :hot:

Wow on systems too? What about gameboy advance? Want to buy a couple to play Final Fantasy Chronicles...Anybody know how much one goes for used?

[quote name='rcaido']Wow on systems too? What about gameboy advance? Want to buy a couple to play Final Fantasy Chronicles...Anybody know how much one goes for used?[/QUOTE]
Everything used is part of the sale. If it has a used sticker, then it's part.

FFCC goes for $17.99 used.

What sucks for me is the employee discount doesn't work in conjunction with it. That angered me.

Does this deal do the dumb thing where our free item has to be of equal or lesser value?

Gamestop should just sell everything for $2, it's what a clearance is meant to be!

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Everything used is part of the sale. If it has a used sticker, then it's part.

FFCC goes for $17.99 used.

What sucks for me is the employee discount doesn't work in conjunction with it. That angered me.[/quote]

Yeah i just bought FFCC but dont have any gameboy advance systems...So you know how much GBA system cost? Which will work for FFCC? Should i just get a regular GBA? SP? Does a DS Lite work?

[quote name='Zimarooski']Does this deal do the dumb thing where our free item has to be of equal or lesser value?

Gamestop should just sell everything for $2, it's what a clearance is meant to be![/QUOTE]

dumb thing?

I'm sure it would make a lot of sense for the company to allow you to buy 2x 5 dollar games and then pick up a used game marked at $45.99 for free.

too bad the store locator doesn't work for all the good games now ----- smt nocturne disgaea ff7 like all ps1 games etc etc etc

Does this also include accesorries like the GameBoy Player? And is the GBP worth it if I already have a DS? Thanks.

[quote name='dkstariob']Cool I'll ask my friend to pick up some PS2 games for me and he'll use his 25 percent discount. Awesome.[/QUOTE]
Why does he get a 25% discount?

I've got a question. I bought Mario 64DS at gamestop, and advance wars at eb do you think i would be able to return them to one store or would i have to drive to both? Thanks

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I've got a question. I bought Mario 64DS at gamestop, and advance wars at eb do you think i would be able to return them to one store or would i have to drive to both? Thanks[/QUOTE]
You can return them at any GS or EB.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Why does he get a 25% discount?[/QUOTE]

He works at Gamestop. He gets 25 percent on used games, 15 percent on new games, and 10 percent on used systems I believe. One of the few perks he has to compensate for his low pay.

If I just bought some used games (over the last 3 or 4 days) do I need to bring them in to return and buy back or do I just need to bring in the reciepts?

[quote name='dkstariob']He works at Gamestop. He gets 25 percent on used games, 15 percent on new games, and 10 percent on used systems I believe. One of the few perks he has to compensate for his low pay.[/quote]

Umm, the discount is 15% on everything EXCEPT new systems. He probably got the 25% from using the edge card, however it's already been said that employee discount DOES NOT work with this.

It depends on the manager, though.

sweet - ive been eyeing a couple tv box sets

I might have to check out my FYE again and see if that trade 4 get 1 deal is working yet...

I still have a hard time believing that this is going to happen tomorrow. Black Friday is only a month away, which is usually when they kick this deal off at this time of the year. Guess I'll just have to find out when I go in tomorrow afternoon.

[quote name='Zimarooski']Does this deal do the dumb thing where our free item has to be of equal or lesser value?[/QUOTE]
How is that dumb? Do you expect to be able to buy two $1.99 sports games from three years ago and then get a 360 game free?

Im so glad i waited on buying used games for FYE deal

Now i can get Yakuza Valkyrie Profile 2 and(soon) final fantasy 12

for 360 ill get Splinter Cell and GoW if they let me preorder

damn..looks like im gonna miss the TRU buy2get1 for the first time in four years :(...unless i get cooking mama kirby and another game!

I'd love to go check this out tommorrow since I've been waiting for another one of these, but lately ebgames/gamestop don't list tons of titles on the site anymore for some reason. Offhand I couldn't find Me & My Katmari (used), Legend of Heroes 1 OR 2 (new OR used), Metal Gear Acid 1 (new OR used), Metal Gear Acid 2 (used), Summon Night Swordcraft Story 1 or 2 (used), etc. What the helllllll Gamestop. I don't really want to go out of my way to hit up stores if I can't even see if they have it or not. I literally only found one game that existed on the site I was looking for (Xenosaga 3 used).

I CAN CONFIRM THAT THIS SALE IS HAPPENING TOMORROW

saw the memo myself, and it runs from tomorrow 10/20 thru 10/29

-Its Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all used DVDs, Accessories, and video games.

-You can buy a used system such as a xbox360, ps2, ds etc and use that as one of your items, but the system can't be free.
---> For example you buy:
1x XBOX360 Used System
1x Dead Rising Used Game
1x Saints Row Used Game

one of the games would be free instead of the system. The system is just used to help get the free item

-
I didnt get time to read this part, but I think I also saw that you can stack the Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal ontop of the DVD Sale currently going which is

3 DVDs for $10.00 if priced $5.99
3 DVDs for $20.00 if priced $9.99
3 DVDs for $30.00 if priced $12.99

and also use your 10% discount card.

[quote name='SpazX']Ended 10/15[/quote]

Damn, thanks. Now I dunno if I should jump on this or go to TRU on sunday and spend the extra $5-10 to get the 3 games I want new.

I wanna get MC3 Dub Remix, Hulk Ultimate Destruction and XenoSaga 1 for PS2.

I just bought Donkey Kong Jungle Beat + Bongos online from gamestop.com a couple days ago. Does anyone know if I can print out the receipt email
and bring it into an EBGames B&M and use that as part of the B2G1? Would I need the game/bongos with me if I can (they haven't come in the mail yet)?

[quote name='nyprimus4']Combine this with the FYE deal and you can get 3 new 360 games for the price of 4 used Gamestop games.

NBA Live 06, NBA 2k6, Madden 06, College Hoops, Ridge Racer 6, and NHL 2k6. Then I can use my Edge card and the gameinformer coupon for 20% off that.

3 new 360 games for $55.

I'm going tomorrow to get Saint's Row, NBA 2k7, and Splinter Cell all for Xbox 360 all for $55.[/QUOTE]

now this sounds like a sweet deal but can anyone else confirm if FYE will take '06 sports games for their trade-in deal? if so, i may have to do this as well.

[quote name='Weedy649']Im so glad i waited on buying used games for FYE deal

Now i can get Yakuza Valkyrie Profile 2 and(soon) final fantasy 12

for 360 ill get Splinter Cell and GoW if they let me preorder

damn..looks like im gonna miss the TRU buy2get1 for the first time in four years :(...unless i get cooking mama kirby and another game![/QUOTE]

You realize it's for used games? I doubt they'll have used FF12 or Splinter Cell and you definatly can't pre-order used games.

bread's done
Back