EB games Halo 2

klingon666

CAGiversary!
I just found out at EB Games B&M that if you trade in your old Halo game in you can get Halo 2 fot $29.99. What does everybody think about this deal???????????? : :D

not bad, but I love halo!! Good deal for people that owned halo, bought the xbox halo edition and have 2 copies of it!

I'd be suspicious of such a thing, especially since EB ran a 'trade in 4 games, get Halo 2 free' deal not too long ago. Or was it 5 games? Regardless, that would mean EB is giving you $20 credit for a game that sells new $30.

EB does NOT do business that way. Double check.

I don't want to sound like an ass, but this is a pretty old deal. That being said, Halo isn't my favorite game, but I wouldn't trade it in.

EDIT: Psyclerk, it's legit. Suprising, I know, but nonetheless real.

I called today about this deal and was told that this is the deal, old Halo for Halo 2. $29.99 I will be going there Sunday and will see if this is whats up. Will let every one know if this deal is kosher......

If this deal is for real, I'll be very surprised.

What do they plan on doing with all the extra copies of Halo 1?

BTW 500th post. BOOYAH!

[quote name='scuba']halo was 19.99 like this week or last at Best Buy.[/quote]

This is why I was suspicious of the original post. It seems like EB would lose money big time with this deal. But hey, I won't question them.

Any chance they're still running a "trade in X games get Halo 2 for free" deal again? I have a bunch of extra $5 games I got at Bestbuy and I was wondering if I could still trade them in...

[quote name='Edge']Any chance they're still running a "trade in X games get Halo 2 for free" deal again? I have a bunch of extra $5 games I got at Bestbuy and I was wondering if I could still trade them in...[/quote]

I don't know if the deal is still running, but if it is, I doubt you could trade them in. Chances are if you buy a game new for $10 or under anywhere, most stores will want nothing to do with them.

[quote name='DigitalSpace']I don't know if the deal is still running, but if it is, I doubt you could trade them in. Chances are if you buy a game new for $10 or under anywhere, most stores will want nothing to do with them.[/quote]

Actually that's not true. That's why deals like "trade in 5 get x game free" are popular here. Read some older posts on this very board. You'll see some CAGers paid maybe $25 for 4 or 5 games, then traded them in towards a free copy of Halo 2.

Well.. If you wait for a sale at BB for halo to be 20$ the ggc it.. You save 5$ off the purchase.. Not that you couldnt ggc Halo 2 when it came out..

I bought the limited-edition Halo XBox last week from EB. They have an in-store coupon that offers $100 trade-in allowance for your old XBox and a copy of Halo. My old XBox was purchased at launch so I was looking for an excuse to replace it anyway.

At time time I made the swap, the trade-in value of Halo was $15. They showed me a coupon that offered and extra $5 trade-in credit towards Halo 2. So, this offer is legit. I opted not to trade in my pack-in copy of Halo.

I did the Halo 2 reserve free by trading in 4 games . . . I picked old crap that I didn't want any more, but their exclusions were in effect . . . so they exclude a bunch (someone has a post with EBs exclusions--it's a big list). The clerk was cool . . . he helped get 4 games through the system (Crash Bandicoot for Gc, Ring of Red, Primal, Serious Sam X). Nothing special . . .

I sent 5 of the excluded in for a free Ninja Gaiden from EBGames.com (no exclusions at the time--games like Stuntman . . . ).

They were all stuff I bought used for about $5-10 each and I wanted to clear out some of my big piles.

These kind of deals are the only way to deal with EB games.

HALO 2 won't be out for at least six months. Why give EBGames an interest-free loan? This doesn't seem like a deal at all to me. I can't speak for you, but I'd rather have HALO sitting on my shelf with the option to play it whenever I like instead of a prepaid coupon that has no intrinsic value.

They also have a similar Ninja Gaiden deal. You trade in Ninja Gaiden by May 31st and you get $35 credit for Halo 2. I wasn't gonna buy Ninja Gaiden at first, but I decided that it was worth it to pay $15 to be able to play Ninja Gaiden for 3 months.

Does anyone know if they still have the $100 Xbox trade in towards the special edition Xbox. And what time do they open? Thanks!

[quote name='flojomojo']HALO 2 won't be out for at least six months. Why give EBGames an interest-free loan? This doesn't seem like a deal at all to me. I can't speak for you, but I'd rather have HALO sitting on my shelf with the option to play it whenever I like instead of a prepaid coupon that has no intrinsic value.[/quote]

This deal is more for those of us who already have Halo and just got the Halo bundle. If you don't want to take the deal, no one is forcing you to.

[quote name='jovherye']Does anyone know if they still have the $100 Xbox trade in towards the special edition Xbox. And what time do they open? Thanks![/quote]

Heard of a phone?

It's a decent deal, but I'm never trading Halo in. It's my favorite game of all-time and I can see myself going back to play it years from now.

Well, I took my old copy of Halo, gutted it (including the slip cover), stuck it in the new case and took the new "not for resale" copy back to EB. There's an instant $20 off of Halo 2 if it ever comes out.

[quote name='PsyClerk'][quote name='DigitalSpace']I don't know if the deal is still running, but if it is, I doubt you could trade them in. Chances are if you buy a game new for $10 or under anywhere, most stores will want nothing to do with them.[/quote]

Actually that's not true. That's why deals like "trade in 5 get x game free" are popular here. Read some older posts on this very board. You'll see some CAGers paid maybe $25 for 4 or 5 games, then traded them in towards a free copy of Halo 2.[/quote]

Alright, I stand corrected. :oops:

I am definitely going to have to check on the $100 dollar trade in allowance since I have had my Xbox with the Thompson drive since launch. What I need to do is get a couple of mem. cards so that I can save my Live and game info.

I did pretty much the same thing as hohndog. My XBox was first gen and had the old drive in it, so I used this as an excuse to replace it with one with a better DVD Drive in it. Gamestop also had a special where you could trade in your old XBox and Halo for $100 credit towards the new one (I don't know for sure if they still do) Now I've got a new XBox that works perfectly, and it's see through green to boot, huzzah! Only problem was that I didn't get the chance to back up any of my stuff before trading it in.

I saw this deal already, it interests one of my friends because his Halo was like one of the first Game of the Year Edition ones, and they are incompatible with all other Halos except those few that were released in one week or so for System Link.

Just a reminder, tomorrow is the last day to trade in Ninja Gaiden or Halo towards Halo 2 (the last day to get the special deal, anyway). I traded in NG tonight. They had to do it as a preorder for regular Halo 2 first, and then cancel that and switch it to the limited edition. I'm sure I will pick up another copy when it is less expensive.

I got my Halo about a year and a half ago when I first got my xbox. It's a little scratched up so I would love to trade it in for $20 but I like the way mine is holographic and I think they are just regular cases now so I don't care. It works perfectly so it really doesn't matter.

I did the Ninja Gaiden trade in yesterday. They couldn't put it on the limited edition one because "the home office will see I did something suspicious." So they said to come back in like a week and switch it to the Limited Edition.

bread's done
Back