EB Games President Day Sale Friday 2/18 - Monday 2/27* (B2G1 FREE & More)

tenzor

CAGiversary!

4-Day Special
The following deals are valid from Friday 2/18 - Monday 2/21
--Greatest Hits, Platinum Hits, and Players Choice 2 for $30
--Max Payne 2 (Playstation 2 or Xbox) $9.99
--Fable, Halo 2, Mech Assault 2 $39.99*after EB gift voucher
--GBA GAMES: Shark Tale, World Championship Poker, Shrek 2, The Incredibles, Need For Speed UG 2, Super Army War $5 off instantly
--NINTENDO DS GAMES: Spiderman 2, Ping Pals, Wario Touched, Madden 2005, Feel the Magic, Zoo Keeper $10 EB gift voucher when you purchase 2 of the above games
--Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines PC $29.99*after $10 EB voucher

10-Day Specials
The following deals are valid from Friday 2/18 - Sunday 2/27
--Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all PRE-PLAYED videogames, DVDs and Accessories
--Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater PS2 $39.99*after eb gift voucher
--GAMECUBE GAMES: Harvest Moon, Viewtiful Joe 2, Paper Mario, DBZ Budokai 2, MC Groove Bundle, FF Crystal Chronicles $5 eb gift voucher w/ purchase of one, $15 eb gift voucher w/ purchase of two
--Call of Duty United Offensive PC $19.99 *after $10 eb gift voucher
--Lineage II or Lineage II Collectors Edition PC $9.99
--2 for $25 on GBA Videos
--Purchase a Universal MC2 Racing Wheel & any game $39.99 or higher and get a $20 eb gift voucher
--Far Cry PC $19.99
--Rainbow Six 3 Gold Edition PC $19.99
--Receive a $5 EB gift voucher w/ the purchase of the following Aerial Strike, Advanced Battlegrounds, Enigma Rising Tide SE for PC
--Pre-Played Gamecube System $59.99
--Second Sight PS2/XB/GC $9.99
--Spiderman 2 PS2/XB/GC $29.99
--Tony Hawk Underground 2 PS2/XB/GC $29.99
--Call of Duty XB/GC/PS2 $39.99
--X-Men Legends XB/Gc/PS2 $39.99
--Constantine PS2/XB $29.99 *after $10 eb gift voucher
--GTA Double Pack XB/PS2 $29.99 *after 10 eb gift voucher
--Silent Hill 4 The Room PS2/XB $19.99
--Prince of Persia 2 PS2/XB/GC $39.99 *after $10 eb voucher
--Ghost Recon 2 PS2/XB/GC $39.99 *after $10 eb voucher
--Midway Arcade Treasures PS2/XB/GC $9.99
--Purchase a GBA SP System and receive a FREE GBA GAME priced $19.99 or less
--Purchasw Getaway 2 or Syphon Filter TOS for PS2 and get a $10 eb gift voucher

--Receive $50 trade in credit for the following games when you trade in 5 select games
>Doom 3 XB
>Doom 3 CE XB
>Cold Winter PS2
>Rainbow Six Lockdown XB,GC,PS2

[quote name='DenisDFat'][quote name='Tom']Anyone know what the problem is?[/quote]

EB games sucks[/quote]
Thanks for the great answer :roll: . This really pisses me off since they are both PC.

[quote name='Tom']I put in Animal Crossing and Resident Evil REmake, but the buy2for30 promotion doesn't work. It says I need 39.98 worth of promotion items, which I do. Anyone know what the problem is?[/quote]

I've heard that people have been having problems with it. I'd call them up if I were you.

[quote name='Tom']I put in Animal Crossing and Resident Evil REmake, but the buy2for30 promotion doesn't work. It says I need 39.98 worth of promotion items, which I do. Anyone know what the problem is?[/quote]
They need to be new ones not preowned.
Edit: RE 1 remake is not on the list.

I had the same problem with the 2for30 code but call them up. What they told me was to go ahead and place an order. Wait about 2 hours for the transaction to go through, then call them bac up and they'll manually add the 2for30 for you. I picked up Super Smash bros and resident evil 0. Good deal since SSBM is $30 and RE0 is $20 so I actually got RE0 for free.

[quote name='ECW_fan'][quote name='Tom']I put in Animal Crossing and Resident Evil REmake, but the buy2for30 promotion doesn't work. It says I need 39.98 worth of promotion items, which I do. Anyone know what the problem is?[/quote]
They need to be new ones not preowned.
Edit: RE 1 remake is not on the list.[/quote]
It says ANY PC game, and Remake new, is in stock, and is a players choice game, so it should work.

[quote name='seanw']The EDGE card takes its discount from the pre-promo price. So if you order 3 $9.99 games, the buy2get1 price will be $19.98 but the Edge discount will be $3. That mitigates half of the saver shipping cost.[/quote]

Don't know about online, but this no longer seems to be the case B&M. My EDGE card only applied the discount for the two games I paid for, and not the free one.

3 games with original prices $44.99 each
With B2G1 came to $89.98
EDGE discount of $9.00 (not $13.50)
My total before tax was $80.98.

I looked through all the pre-owned games for Xbox, PS2 and GC and couldn't come up with 3 of equal value so I went with the 2FOR30 on Zelda Wind Waker and Sonic Mega Collection for GC. Still a good deal for me, since yesterday I've been convinced I had to pick them both up anyways.

Does ebgames.com not combine shipping? I'm trying to preorder 2 games that come out 2/22 and their charging me shipping on both instead of putting it all together. I'm I doing somthing wrong here?

Am I the first to notice that Getaway Black Monday is in the PS2 2 for 30 list on the website? It's really not much of a deal. Put it and another game in yoru cart, and it will take off the 10. So, if you wanted Getaway for 44.99, there you go.

Looks like I'm gonna buy up all the jam packs they got now, been waiting for this sale. Then I'll bring em back for an extra $10 each. God I love my EB. "Oh yeah, we were supposed to ship those off to our DC, but we forgot. It doesn't matter, nobody wants those things anyway." **Kisses EB employee**

[quote name='soulwish2003']In case it has not been mentioned... you can put your ZIP CODE in @ www.ebgames.com and it will give you 'store inventory' on used games. You can figure out what stores to hit this way.

I'm going to pick up a handful... King Of Fighters 3D max and KOF Max Impact are 26.99 each... that is what I started with. I also might go crazy on older PS2 titles I missed - they have lots of decent titles for 7.99.[/quote]

Where on the site?

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum'][quote name='soulwish2003']In case it has not been mentioned... you can put your ZIP CODE in @ www.ebgames.com and it will give you 'store inventory' on used games. You can figure out what stores to hit this way.

I'm going to pick up a handful... King Of Fighters 3D max and KOF Max Impact are 26.99 each... that is what I started with. I also might go crazy on older PS2 titles I missed - they have lots of decent titles for 7.99.[/quote]

Where on the site?[/quote]

Where do you enter your Zip code? Just click on a game and then next to "New" or "Pre-Played" it should have a spot for you to click. Or try the top where it says "Store Locator."

Looks like I'm gonna buy up all the jam packs they got now, been waiting for this sale. Then I'll bring em back for an extra $10 each.

Uhh, i think the bonus $10 ended on friday (the 18th)

what are the exclusions to the buy 2 Hits for $30?

any price exclusions

It would be a real steal if I could get Tom Clancy's Classic Trilogy and some other $20 Hit for $30 total

Also does the price raise to $30 for 2 when purchasing 2 games under $12?

this is causing me some confusion, and thanks in advanced.

[quote name='whiteboy']
Looks like I'm gonna buy up all the jam packs they got now, been waiting for this sale. Then I'll bring em back for an extra $10 each.

Uhh, i think the bonus $10 ended on friday (the 18th)[/quote]

Nope, its until 2/27.

I just ordered up Panzer Dragoon Orta, Mario Golf, and Otogi for ~$35 (with tax) shipped using 'buy2get1' and my edge card! Sweet!

[quote name='Vinny']I just ordered up Panzer Dragoon Orta, Mario Golf, and Otogi for ~$35 (with tax) shipped using 'buy2get1' and my edge card! Sweet![/quote]

That's a great combination/deal!

I was going to suggest that people should look at Otogi.

I own all three of these and that's my only problem with the deal . . . I could find 5 games I want . . . but they range from $10-$30 . . . I can't find 3 on par. I don't want to add a game I don't want just to get the deal.

whiteboy wrote:
Quote:

Uhh, i think the bonus $10 ended on friday (the 18th)

Nope, its until 2/27.

Oh i guess i got my info mixed up. I just didn't wnt him to buy 50 jampaks if it ended yesterday.

I think I'm going to go to EB tomorrow for an Edge sticker for my card and get Panzer Dragoon Orta and two other games with the B2G1 deal.

I need a third game for B2G1. Should I get metal arms or theif? first person to tell me which one will win the prize of recommending me a game!

i got
second sight
Rallisport challenge 1
Fighting Force
Fighting Force 2
Xmen Mutant Academy
Star Wars Episode 1 game
WCW/NWO Thunder
Tekken 1
World Is not enough game
RollCage
with 10% off and the buy 2 get one free i got it all for 27 bucks
pretty sweet eh

Alright so I did get in on this. I had to go to three EBs but I did manage to find what I was looking for. I found a sealed Max Payne 2 for Xbox; the first EB didn't have it even in-stock while the other only had two open copies of it so I passed. I also found a Second Sight for PS2 new and sealed. This one wasn't too tough to find since the first store had it in stock, but it was the last sealed copy. I also managed to take part in the B2G1 portion of the sale and found some nifty games that I think I'll like. I found Gungrave 1 (PS2) for 9.99 ( I got it since I own the second but not the first), Phantom Crash (loved it every time I rented it), and a near mint condition Alundra 2 complete (this is the game I got free). Oh yaeh I forgot to say that I used my Edge card to make all of the game come to 8.99. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. I also found a Phantom Brave Double Jump guide book for $5. Yay!!. Pretty sweet haul. Instead of the Gungrave, I was hoping to pick up a Grandia 2 since they had one instock but upon further inspection of the disc, I found that it was badly scratched and had two EB stickers on it from another store.

Oh yaeh, I also got one of those Warioware: Touched boxes witht he hair coming out of it. This sale wasn't too bad.

I could find 5 games I want . . . but they range from $10-$30 . . . I can't find 3 on par. I don't want to add a game I don't want just to get the deal.

Same problem here.

Best I came up with was Panzer Dragoon Orta, Grandia II for DC, and FFX-2. But I don't really want FFX-2 (at least not until it is dirt cheap), and I couldn't find another RPG around $15-$20 that I don't already have (Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter was $10). I could get KOTOR, but $17.99 used or $19.99 new is lame, I would rather get it new.

Cheapass RPG set included BoF DQ @ $10, Wild Arms 3 @ $10, but then I end up with Panzer Dragoon Orta @ $15. I might still do that.

On the higher end, no Disgaea or La Pucelle Tactics in stock. Growlanser Generations is still $50 and no used copies. No used Phantom Brave. Star Ocean used is $45, new is $50, I'd rather get in new then.

Other games I came up were Culdcept and Katamari Damacy used (also not in stock).

just get 3 games you want.

really, what's the deal with needing them to all be the same price? You still get something free.

sheesh. a bunch of dums.

[quote name='DenisDFat']just get 3 games you want.

really, what's the deal with needing them to all be the same price? You still get something free.

sheesh. a bunch of dums.[/quote]

Preferably you want 3 games that are around the same price so that makes the sale 33% off. If you pick 3 games that vary greatly in price then it's not much of a deal because only the cheapest game is free. Otherwise there's no point and using pplay15 + edge card would get you the same deal.

i called my eb at the mall and he said silent hill 4 for xbox was $30 new, was he mistaken, or could this store not be in on the sale?

[quote name='sega4ever']i called my eb at the mall and he said silent hill 4 for xbox was $30 new, was he mistaken, or could this store not be in on the sale?[/quote]

he just read the price off the price search in the computer. It doesn't discount to $19.99 until the transaction is finalize. That or he thought the sale ended (since presidents day is over) but really it goes until the 27th

I'll definitely be checking this out. Hope my local EB isnt picked over.

WAs gonna get some stuff at Blockbuster's buy 2 get 1 free, but there pricey and dont have a good selection.

Plus my EB card will give me an additional 10%.

I'm stoked. :)

[quote name='radjago']I saw a guy trade in Contra: Shattered Soldier today at EB. It nearly made me weep.[/quote]

:(

[quote name='radjago']I saw a guy trade in Contra: Shattered Soldier today at EB. It nearly made me weep.[/quote]

You should have bought it off him :?

[quote name='Akkis99']is it rare or something[/quote]

No just difficult to find. I got mine at the original Kmart BLue Light sale in January for $12.

My EB said that they didn't have the sales like Second Sight and such and they also said that they have never heard of a trade 5 to get a pre-order game deal. Sounds like I need to go get hired there and straighten the place out. I should call their District or Regional Manager and tell him that they don't know anything about their own store. I wasn't able to buy quite a few things that I was going to buy, plus I wasted my trade-ins by just getting the 2 for $10, instead of getting a couple of pre-orders... :evil:

bread's done
Back