EB Games-Trade 2 get it for $9/19-List of applicable titles

you must be in Ontario, it's only 9:45 here!

also, this t2+$ deal sucks! select titles my ass...t3g1f is way hotter

It was hot when it was T2 + $10. T3G1F was also good for getting the special edition of games, since it was up to $69.99.

Now it sucks, especially for PS3 and 360 owners, who now have to pay $19.99 for the new release stuff.

Blame this on the spiralling Canadian economy once again.

Wow, this deal is horrible. I hope this isn't going to completely replace the awesomeness of the previous trade in deals :/

it only sucks because it weeds out the junky trade in games that still reach that 8$ min value which end up getting bumped to 25$ in trade credit and actually sell for 24.99 and less the edge card means the company loses money. I think its a smarter move then dropping the junky games to 7$

the added costs 9.99 and 19.99 actually is not all that bad when you take into consideration the new $64.99 pricepoint that has started to creep in

Do I read this right that we can only trade-in the games on the right-hand side of the PDF flyer ? (back of the actual flyer I suppose).

Guess I will stick with my Assassin's Creed PS3 ...

[quote name='cashinstinct']Do I read this right that we can only trade-in the games on the right-hand side of the PDF flyer ? (back of the actual flyer I suppose).

Guess I will stick with my Assassin's Creed PS3 ...[/quote]

WHAT???

this double suck

I guess this is their way of weening us off two months of Amazing new releases + Trade X deals. It's like a diabetic going into Baskin & Robbins and being told that the only flavor left is Mashed Pickles and Paprika.

nah, blame it on the RFD/CAG effect which loaded up ebgames with all the crappy $8 titles. that said, with all the promos going on the past month, i'm surprise y'all need any more games.. i know i already have a stack of sealed games i need to find time to play

[quote name='TripleQ']nah, blame it on the RFD/CAG effect which loaded up ebgames with all the crappy $8 titles. that said, with all the promos going on the past month, i'm surprise y'all need any more games.. i know i already have a stack of sealed games i need to find time to play[/quote]

True, though I would have probably just grabbed a bunch of copies of January's LOTR game, so I could trade it back for full credit. But even if it is on the list (I gave up reading it), given that it's $23.49 paid, plus the cost of two games from BBV-- even if I managed to find some $4.99 games that count-- it's a savings of $26.12 (factoring in tax on the games and the $19.99). Realistically, BBV only seems to have $9.99 (rarely) and $14.99 games left that count. So that's a profit of (for each possible combination of games:)

$5+$10 game = $20.47
2x$10 game = $14.82
$10+$15 game = $9.17
2x$15 game = $3.52

$9 is barely worth it, even with gas being cheaper than October. For $3.52, I'd be better looking for change on the sidewalk. =)

[quote name='What']And yes like the previous poster mentioned, all those RFD scumbags trading in crappy $8 titles and them having overstock on them also helped cause this. So you can thank all those RFD noobs.[/quote]

That is utter bullshit. As if you weren't trading in borderline $8 games instead of CoD4 and Halo 3.

[quote name='What']I have inside scoop as I know a couple guys managing EB stores and according to them, the company was losing money from last months T2+$10 promo so they were forced to tighten it up. And chances are we might never see that same promo ever again.

And yes like the previous poster mentioned, all those RFD scumbags trading in crappy $8 titles and them having overstock on them also helped cause this. So you can thank all those RFD noobs.[/quote]

No, I think you can thank the policy makers at EB for deciding to run the promo. No one held a gun to anyone's head and said "accept this game in trade". Instead, they saw that they make craptons of money from selling the same used game over and over, and went "omg if we have lots of used games we have lots of money".

They came up with this promo for the complete and total purpose of gaining a large stock of used games. If they only wanted premium games, then they could have easily made it "trade 2 with value of $15 or more for a new game".

If they were expecting only top notch games-- well, even the stupidest of stupids knows that trading 2 $30 games to get $50 is not worth it.

The truth is, EB has always been hyper aggressive with getting people to do trade-ins. For the most part, the values are suboptimal and EB comes out on top. This time maybe they got too aggressive, and it backfired. Having two of these Trade X deals in a row-- across two months were there were a massive amount of hot hot hot titles-- that might have been a contributing factor.

Personally, I have no sympathy for a company that whines about their own policies. These types of promos don't just happen overnight. They take several months of planning, studying and logistics, go through tons of oversight and review, and are risk/reward ratio'd to death. They had may more information about how this would all go down than you can imagine. At the end of it all, the formulas said that it was good move, a bunch of people put their stamp on it, and off it went.

They made the offer, and they can either honor it, retract it, or shut up about it. If it isn't working, then exercise the "conditions apply" clause and kill it. But don't whine or treat your customers like crap for taking you up on an offer. This is just as bad as the restaraunts that treat the Summerlicious customers like crap.

If they didn't want a lot of used games, then why did they ask people to trade in used games?

Now, as to why BBV is always out of stock of games, THAT you can blame on RFD.

This deal is pretty cold/terrible compared to last month's deal.
I am a cheap ass. I trade in whatever I can to get new games for cheap. I like games but I also need money. I was certainly not against trading in $8 turds to get new releases....so I agree with halcyon's intelligent post.

[quote name='TripleQ']nah, blame it on the RFD/CAG effect which loaded up ebgames with all the crappy $8 titles. that said, with all the promos going on the past month, i'm surprise y'all need any more games.. i know i already have a stack of sealed games i need to find time to play[/quote]

I agree on both parts.

Thing is, I bought my PS3 late, and I've got MGS, LbP and then Prince of Persia on the 360

not including Gears and L4D when I play with friends.

I'll be lucky if I complete MGS by June of 2009.

Playing late at night when the go on and on and on and on with dialogue is a little tough though :oldman:

So I was in my EB yesterday and I saw a bunch of new release games with stickers saying "Trade 1 and get this game for $49.99 or $39.99"... is this this same deal, or can you trade any game that trades in for $8? Because if this is the same deal as the one in this post I'm definitely out of luck...

*edit*
I just called, and they said it's any game that trades in for $8, so long as it's current gen (no Xbox, PS2, GBA). $39.99 is a decent price though, so I'm going to have to go for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back