EB Games-Trade in Resident Evil 5 within 2 weeks of launch for $60!

Its within 1 week according to the flyer thing. I just got really excited too.
This doesn't have any multiplayer does it? Wait, its got some co-op thing does it? If its, exclusively single player, I'll definitely bite. Otherwise, probably not.

This is a bit confusing. I'm not exactly sure if this is legal or not, but basically you can buy the game, trade it in a week later for $60, then buy the same copy back for $51 or $52, whatever the used price with edge card is?

[quote name='assasin4hire']This is a bit confusing. I'm not exactly sure if this is legal or not, but basically you can buy the game, trade it in a week later for $60, then buy the same copy back for $51 or $52, whatever the used price with edge card is?[/quote]
Correct... but most stores will not sell it right back to you, they hold the used copies until after the week is over

[quote name='greywolf501']Correct... but most stores will not sell it right back to you, they hold the used copies until after the week is over[/quote]

But still, you could get a mint copy used.

IMO, if this is as good as RE4, it's worth playing more than once. My brother isn't even finished RE4 and he wants to replay it.

[quote name='assasin4hire']This is a bit confusing. I'm not exactly sure if this is legal or not, but basically you can buy the game, trade it in a week later for $60, then buy the same copy back for $51 or $52, whatever the used price with edge card is?[/quote]Usually you need to pre-order as well.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']it has single player campaign with an AI partner or get online and it turns into a co-op campaign.[/quote]

it has split screen coop as well.

ranzo, will EB be getting any of the SF4 controllers/sticks? I hear that a SKU is up for the regular fight stick, but I have not heard anything about the others.

360 and PS3 pad and sticks are in their system. I doubt they're getting the TE as that was apparently limited to 3000 which are already accounted for.

They're making another batch of TE sticks to meet the demand, no word on how many more.

Ontopic: I hope I get time to try to clear this thing within 7 days. Any idea on the games length?

Yea, I figured that they haven't even begun allocating shipments to canada yet. I'm hopeful because I saw a pic on the madcatz thread at SRK.com that there is english/french text on the box. I Guess the next best thing would be for amazon.ca to get it. I'd much rather pay $149.99 + GST + free shipping instead of ~$190 USD with shipping ,customs taxes etc.

I don't really see the point of these deals. I'd rather buy the game from EB, beat it at my own leisure and then sell it on EBay for $40-45 instead of rushing through it in order to get all my credit back. As well, after RE5, there looks to be very little that interests me in regards to games with definite release dates.

The problem I have with this deal is that beyond Resident Evil 5, I have no clue what the next game I want to buy will be. All the games I want this winter are released before RE5. I see no point in getting all my credit back with nothing to use it towards. I'd rather just EBay the game and get $45-50 for it.

however they do not refund back your tax,(i lived in BC, so like 60$ game = 8$ tax)... so basically you rent the game for 2 week for 8 dollars, not really worth it.

If you buy another game using EDGE credit you aren't charged the tax, so you're exchanging it straight up for another game.

bread's done
Back