EB GAMES upcoming deals 9/9-9/18

amos_82

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
A little bird that talks to much gave me this information.

9/9-9/11
GET an additional 10% trade-in credit on EVERYTHING except systems with your EB Edge Card. This is on top of any current deals like "More you trade, more your paid" and "Get $10 per title when trade toward"

9/16-9/18
"BUY 2, GET 1 FREE" on games,CDs, and DVD!!
He did not say if it is new and/or preowned.

[quote name='amos_82']A little bird that talks to much gave me this information.

9/9-9/11
GET an additional 10% trade-in credit on EVERYTHING except systems with your EB Edge Card. This is on top of any current deals like "More you trade, more your paid" and "Get $10 per title when trade toward"

9/16-9/18
He did not say if it is new and/or preowned.[/QUOTE]

It is very likely that it is only for preowned discs, so I wouldn't get excited. It is unreasonable to make a Buy 2 Get 1 Free offer for new stuff. Not a bad deal though (of course comparing it back to the beginning of the year when they did the trade 2, get an extra $10 credit offer..).

I traded in a few games a week ago... do you know if I can bring in my receipt and get retroactively get 10% credit? I am unaware of how EBGames works...

should i assume though that this is only for those with an edge card with a sticker on it? if i have just a regular edge card that i just have to store store credit on for my game tradins, i dont get that deal, right?

I just got an e-mail from EB talking about the 10% trade in bonus this weekend for EDGE card holders, so it is confirmed. Of course I just called my EB and they weren't so sure about it(like usual).

[quote name='tubtub']I just got an e-mail from EB talking about the 10% trade in bonus this weekend for EDGE card holders, so it is confirmed. Of course I just called my EB and they weren't so sure about it(like usual).[/QUOTE]

We got the emails in yesterday. Probably got them in today too. Either way, it's in the emails and they should know.

[quote name='BackInBlack']10 percent is only good if youre trading in newer games that you are getting more credit for.[/QUOTE]

Or not, if you trade in a lot of games for their "extra $5 per game" deal, the 10% could end up being quite a bit more.

I'm gonna go trade my games in this weekend with the trade in promo, then use that credit next weekend for the buy 2 get 1 free promo

[quote name='zenintrude']it's the 9th... anyone get the B2G1 working yet?

there's a suikoden and alundra with my name on it if this is true[/QUOTE]

according to the OP the B2G1 Free deal doesnt start until the 16th of this month. The Edge card deal starts today however (9th)

Just came back from EB..........here are my results in trade-ins:

Transformers (PS2) - $3
Ecco the Dolphin (PS2) -$3
TimeSplitters (GC) - $2
Billy Hatcher (GC) -$2
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - $2

All of the above got bumped up to $10/piece since I put them towards a pre-order of NBA Live '06

Then I traded in :
Mortal Kombat Deception $7 --->+ 10% $7.70---->$5 bonus = $12.70
Bujingai $4 --->10% $4.40 ---$5 bonus = $9.40
Sonic Heroes $7 ---> + 10% $7.70 ---$5 bonus ---> $12.70
NBA Street V3 $5 ---> +10% $5.50 --->$5 bonus ---> 10.50
Red Ninja $4 ---> + 10% $4.40 ---> $5 bonus ---> $9.40
Rocky Legends $4 ---> + 10% $4.40 ---> $ 5 bonus ---> $9.40

total of $64.10 in credit

Not a bad trip, especially with the bump in credit for NBA Live '06 (extra $38)

Deal this weekend is valid. The little bird was right. Hopefully he know his stuff. I am doing like most cheap ass gamers. Trade-in every thing I don't want this weekend and hold onto the credit next weekend to really make out like a bandit. Just think trade in 3 new games. Normal value is $25 each. This weekend get $30.80 to $33 per title. Then buy 3 other new releases just traded-in. For like $80.98 plus tax. I could actual make about $10 in credit for trading in my games with my EB Games Discount Card.

I traded in a working PS2 with a bunch of games and noticed on the receipt that I didn't get the 10% extra for my edge card. Looks like I'll be going back tomorrow to have them add it.

Once the day is over there is no way they can go back and add credit to your card. Just like if you change your mind and want your stuff they can't reverse it after the day is over. They told one customer that at the end of the night, "What's done, is done. Sorry, but I can't change it now." Good luck though. I would just recommend asking for the District Manager number. If they can't do anything, like I suppose.

That sucks. Should have paid more attention, but there was a lot of games traded in and a bunch of discounts I was trying to look over. I might as well try though and see what kind of luck I can get. Thanks for the info though.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']the 10% has to be manually adjusted by hand, so maker sure the associate does so. also, the B2G1 for next weekend is CONFIRMED. good times.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah!! Time to count my loose change, I need all the money I can get my hands on for this sale!! I have a huge list of games to get.

[quote name='myjester2112']So the 10% add oncan be done without getting ahold of the District Manager and all that hassle? Thats cool. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

well, unfortunately in your case, probably not. they have to be adjusted during the sale, as you can't return trades. good luck with that.

I want to trade in games I haven't played yet, mostly MGS3 but I want to retain my collection (mostly now Greatest hits games that I paid $10 mostly) and finally play that MGS3. It's just I haven't have time to play games a lot lately and more interested in my PSP and maybe an Xbox 360 for Live Play (play only one game online over and over).

At least I have an Edge Card.

I have a feeling when I told them I have an EB Edge Card, they thought I just had a card with a balance, not the discount card. They were going to scan it but said it wouldn't work, had to enter the number manually... now that I think about it though, they saw I had the yellow expiration sticker on it so I don't know why they didn't enter it in.The manager was there too, at least he should have done it. Oh well, I'll see what I can do. Its not a lot, but around 15 bucks isn't just a drop in the bucket.

I forget, is the buy 2 get 1 stackable with the Edge card? If so, there are definitely some games I want to try and pick up next weekend.

9/16-9/18
He did not say if it is new and/or preowned.

Hopefully not preowned.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Just came back from EB..........here are my results in trade-ins:

Transformers (PS2) - $3
[/QUOTE]

Next time someone wants to trade in Transformers for PS2 for 3 bucks, and it's in good condition, please tell me. :)

bread's done
Back