EB/Gamestop B2G1 2Q/3Q 2007

Nemo_Hyde

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Anyone else expecting this?

Usually occurs every three months, arounda holiday. There was some expectation that Labor day 2007 would be the next one but... nothing so far.

I know in the past stores have gotten as little as one-day notice, but just wondering if anyone else has heard anything yet...

[quote name='shieryda']Expecting? No.

Anticipating? Yes.[/quote]

Can't wait! ive been eyeing a bunch of games at my local gamestop :)

USED games and accessories only. Good deal though.

A new GameStop opened in my area and had the B2G1 free sale for a week for that store exclusively. I got some pretty good deals there.

the deal includes used accessories as well. as an buy two accessories get 1 free. I never knew that.

[quote name='awlez']the deal includes used accessories as well. as an buy two accessories get 1 free. I never knew that.[/quote]

Does the deal apply if you buy an accessory, a game, and get either a game or accessory for free?

Yep. It worked for me at least. I was able to get a Wavebird controller, a game and got another game free.

(you must've just missed my post, lol)

Oh, wow. So that means I can get the 360 racing wheel, and then ps3/360 games or goodies ive wanted. Any news on it happening? Kinda late to call...

[quote name='shnizzle66']So is everyone just giving up today? No sales at all?[/quote]

Went yesterday, there was no labor day sale for GS. Just means it'll be happening soon.

They've really cut down on the frequency of these since the merger. I believe they've only had two of these this year, about a month apart. I think beyond the first one they had this year, it was the better part of 6 months without one.

one of the local d-bags told me not to expect one until next year, possibly after gta4 hits. he said first they do the b2g1 free sale, then months later they try and get all those games back i.e. trade in bonuses. next the super strong holiday numbers come in and then they start the cycle again. of course this is the same guy that told me madden wouldnt' be in stock anywhere until after Christmas so blah

[quote name='PrarieD0G']USED games and accessories only. Good deal though.

A new GameStop opened in my area and had the B2G1 free sale for a week for that store exclusively. I got some pretty good deals there.[/QUOTE]

Did they have a good stock of used games?

The manager of my local store who tipped me off to the last B2G1 earlier this summer told me that they are doing that sale quarterly now and while he didn't have anything definite in writing, but he was anticipating sometime in early October. Guess we will have to wait and see.

I love the B2G1Free sales. I know they did one for just XBOX (1) titles a while back, trying to make space for XBOX 360 space. I wonder if they will do something that again any time soon again. I remember when they put Dreamcast games on a nearly all time B2G1Free to clear them out...can't wait til they do that with XBOX games. :)

Since I didn't buy my XBOX til they had been out a while, I hardly ever found a reason to purchase new titles for the thing since there were so many used ones that were "new" to me. Why pay $50 for MechAssault when you could wait a bit and find it used for $10? Grasshoppa, patience is the best friend of a CAG. (lol)

I just got a voicemail from GS/EB saying they are running 30% xtra trade in promo if you have Halo 3 reserved starting today until the 23rd.

They should get a ton of trade-ins so that makes the early/mid October B2G1 very likely. :applause:

[quote name='Link927']Did they have a good stock of used games?[/QUOTE]
Whenever new GameStop locations are opened, they recieve a huge stock of used games from corperate.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I just got a voicemail from GS/EB saying they are running 30% xtra trade in promo if you have Halo 3 reserved starting today until the 23rd.

They should get a ton of trade-ins so that makes the early/mid October B2G1 very likely. :applause:[/quote]

Extra 30% on 360 games? Any exclusions?

[quote name='shieryda']Extra 30% on 360 games? Any exclusions?[/quote]

Extra 30% on whatever games you bring in as along as you have Halo 3 pre ordered

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']In case you missed it they are running B2G1 right now on all games and accessories. Runs through Sunday 11/25[/quote]

I'm not sure how we could've missed it, what with it being on the main page, talk of the forums, and huge banners around Gamestop stores, but thanks anyway.

B2G1 all next-gen stuff at GameCrazy too.. wahoo!

[quote name='Scorch']I'm not sure how we could've missed it, what with it being on the main page, talk of the forums, and huge banners around Gamestop stores, but thanks anyway.

B2G1 all next-gen stuff at GameCrazy too.. wahoo![/quote]
Oh well, just figured some people might have tagged this thread and not been to the site much. You never know. Figured it was worth a quick bump to the top.

bread's done
Back