EB/Gamestop...Buy 2 Get One DVD sale ON NOW! B2G2 YMMV.

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
My local eb/gamestop source tells me that starting monday, they will no longer be giving out cash for DVDs. Also, all DVDs will also be buy 2 get 1 free starting Feb 19th with no planned end date.

It's also bee reported that some select stores are running a Buy 2 Get 2 free DVD sale (This is ymmv and depends on the volume of DVDs a particular store has in stock)

Also, Some stores are getting out of the DVD business altogether, these stores will have a black sign near the register. All of these stores in my area also happen to be the ones running the B2G2 sale, but YMMV.

Also, apparently the old 3/10 3/20 3/30 sale will be over starting 2/19.

Went back this morning when it wasn't nearly as busy. The store ended up having about 8 full drawers of dvds behind the counter they didn't have room to stock on the floor.

I ended up getting these titles. All prices are after edge card and the B2G2 discount.

Sopranos S1 $8.95
Sopranos S2 $8.95
Sopranos S3 $13.45
Sopranos S4 $13.45
Sopranos S5 $13.45
Sopranos S6 P1 $13.45
Jackass box set $8.95
The shield S1 $8.95
OZ S4 $8.95
OZ S5 $8.95
Simpsons S6 Head Ver $11.24
Simpsons S7 $11.24
Simpsons S9 Head Ver $11.24
Beavis & Butthead Mike Judge Collection 1-3 about $9.00 each
The Godfather collection $13.45
House S2 $13.45

Along with countless other normal dvds. Whose prices ranged between $2.69-$4.49 each. Doesnt it cost more to rent?

Picture of most of todays haul
P1270254.jpg

I already stored most of the slipcovers so most of them are plain looking. It seems most of the boxsets and TV seasons are brand new and untouched.

I was told the dvds were getting packed up and sent back around march 5th at this store. I'll have to go back at some point and see if he will let me have access to the hold drawer sets I saw stashed.

Damn, Gara, sweet deal!

I'd love to get The Sopranos sets that cheap.

I hope this is going ona while and that its B2G2 at the EB and Gamestop at the Great Lakes Crossing Mall in MI.I plan on shopping there next week when I get paid. They usually carry a great selection.

[quote name='Gara']Sopranos S1 $8.95
Sopranos S2 $8.95
Simpsons S6 Head Ver $11.24[/quote]
Damn. Those must've been prices either specific for your store or mine hasn't updated their prices on DVDs. The price tags on those specific DVDs were showing $24.99 on the Sopranos DVDs and $26.99 for the Simpsons DVD. :whistle2:s

Unless of course, this is just GameStop being GameStop and not actually touching their DVDs. I saw some Dragon Ball Z DVDs being listed at $5.99 used (including the recently released Season 1 boxset remaster), though some were still tagged at $9.99.

Finally found the Narnia Collector's set but mine only has 2 discs not 4...? in pristine shape...
Pretty slim pickins and this store was just told day before yesterday to stop accepting DVD trade-ins....
This was a Buy 2 Get 1 location.

[quote name='donut']Finally found the Narnia Collector's set but mine only has 2 discs not 4...? in pristine shape...
Pretty slim pickins and this store was just told day before yesterday to stop accepting DVD trade-ins....
This was a Buy 2 Get 1 location.[/quote]

That's weird, I was under the impression only the B2G2 stores stopped accepting trades on the 5th. Depressing part was that my local store hasn't gotten in a single trade in the past couple weeks so nothing new.

I did manage one decent find at another B2G1 store. Picked up the complete collection of sex and the city, west wing complete series box, and a $50.00 startrek season 3 boxset which ended up being rubbish, horrid quality. My out the door price was $160.00 but they let me return for the startrek set for $50.00 store credit. $55.00 each for those crazy expensive sets isn't bad.

I realize I'm resurrecting a dead thread here, but I have some official updates.

It's mostly mall locations for GameStop/EB Stores that are no longer accepting DVD trade-ins for store credit. Most of them have since transfered their DVD inventory to other non-mall stores. Smaller mall stores just don't have the floor space to display them.

Also, certain GameStop/EB stores are doing Buy 2 Get THREE free promos to sell thru product quicker. Just in the Atlanta area, a store in Winder and Snellville both are offering this promotion. I spent less than $20 at the Snellville store last week and walked out with over a dozen DVDs.

And all GameStop/EB locations that currently carry DVDs have had price drops go through on some 3-4 dozen titles in the last few weeks, and a number of these are between $3.99 and $6.99.

I would also suggest that you ask employees if they have any "new" DVDs still in stock or in the backroom. Most of these have since been converted from new to used SKUs and are still sealed at more than half the retail price. The store I work at had two sealed Star Wars trilogy sets that had gone from $45 new to $24.99 used, but they were just sitting in the backroom on a top shelf.

And last week I found a brand new copy of "Alien VS Predator" that had been converted from new to used. After the B2/G1 sale and the Edge Card 10% discount, I got it for $5.39 (and that doesn't even factor in the cost after getting a free one).

There are also nearly 3 dozen new PSP UMD movie titles in the database that have been marked down to $4.99.

bread's done
Back