EB/Gamestop Halo 2 $20 Trade-In Value

[quote name='DustBoogie']Alternatively, does anyone know where I can get Halo for less than $20? :p[/quote]

Your walmart sells them for 19.87. thats 13 cents cheaper :D

I saw this on the website too. But has anyone done it in person at the store?

What about the collector's edition? Used copies of that sell for the same price.

I highly doubt they'll give you $20 for it as I think it's a typo. Last time they had Untold Legends (1, not 2) listed for $18 but when I called them they were giving only $8. Even if you tried to PM the value with the print out they can still deny it because it says they are subject to change the value without notice. So yeah.

It absolutely works. I had realized i had two copies awhile back and took that in along with my wired 360 controller to trade in for a new wireless one. i was incredibly surprised when he said it traded for $20. ($22 if you've got the more card.;) )

Gamecrazy has them for $12.99 used.

I might have to trade it in towards Me and My Katamari and get another copy from GC :)

[quote name='Pope On A Rope']It was $9.99 new at GR/Blockbuster, not sure if that's still valid though.[/QUOTE]

It's not, went up to $30 last I checked.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']How about the LE edition one?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I want to know what they give for the LE as well.

[quote name='mannam23']Yeah, I want to know what they give for the LE as well.[/QUOTE]

ROFL it's only $12. Someone traded in the collector's ed today I just took it in as the Regular one so he could get more $.

My EB has the sign for trade in values and it says "Collectors edition"

I picked up the Halo Triple pack at CC for $8.97 when they had their big blowout sale...

If you have the LE edition keep the box and bonus disc. Bring the disc only into your EB/GS and you'll get the $20.00. It's crazy, but that's how it works.

Wonder if this mass trade-in of copies of Halo 2 will finally make them decide to drop the price on it?

I would trade mine in, but it be a hassle to get another copy since the Game Crazy stores around have games that look like the person used sandpaper on it.

its actually selling pretty well still, probably because its one of the few games that still work with the 360.

They also stack an extra 10% on if you use your credit towards a pre-order along with the extra edge 10% (or at least my store did). Got $24.20 towards FFXII. Not a bad deal for a game I never played.

hmmm ... great deal ... but my halo 2 LE is not even opened yet (picked it up for $10 during TRU's crazy sales last year), and i feel i need it for my xbox collection ... heck, i'll keep it, but this is a great deal nonetheless.

Yep, got the $20 for the LE no problem, plus the 10%. Only hassle was the computer wouldn't let me pre-order NHL 2k7 for Xbox. How very odd. (And I know the clerk wouldn't BS me about this because pre-orders are a big part of what makes that place go round).

[quote name='mrblinG22']Your walmart sells them for 19.87. thats 13 cents cheaper :D[/quote] I am going to buy 10 and trade them in, thats a whole $1.30....minus tax W00t.

Just be aware..

The trade-in prices stated for listed products are subject to change without notice. Check your local store for most recent trade-in pricing. Prices for US stores only. Not responsible for inaccuracies or typographical errors. All trade-ins must be in working condition to receive full trade-in value. Trade-ins subject to manager approval.

So they don't have to honor the site.

Maybe MS is gathering up all the copies of Halo 2 so they can finally get around to finishing it rather than making me fight a monkey as the dumb-ass arbiter at the end.

Bah, I'll just keep my copy. This is good for anyone whos bored with theres though. I'd think it would get $4 since the market is so flooded with copies.

[quote name='Halo05']Maybe MS is gathering up all the copies of Halo 2 so they can finally get around to finishing it rather than making me fight a monkey as the dumb-ass arbiter at the end.[/QUOTE]

SPOILERS!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

[quote name='jasonxthe13th']If you have the LE edition keep the box and bonus disc. Bring the disc only into your EB/GS and you'll get the $20.00. It's crazy, but that's how it works.[/QUOTE]

Don't do that! I hate assholes that do that. Every time I want to buy a used game at EB / GS I have to hope that someone traded in the box and manual, otherwise I'm not buying.

[quote name='Xizer']Don't do that! I hate assholes that do that. Every time I want to buy a used game at EB / GS I have to hope that someone traded in the box and manual, otherwise I'm not buying.[/quote]

You missed the point. They are doing this because the LE does not have as high a trade in value, but the discs are identical. Therefore if they ditch the box and manual, they can pretend it is the normal version of Halo 2.

traded mine today and got a nice haul..

Me and My Katamari -- PSP

3 for $20 on DVDs--
Ghost Dog
Syrianna
Ghost in the Shell movie

trade in Halo 2 -$20

total: $28 after Edge card on the used stuff + trade in. :)

I traded mine in and they gave me a store credit voucher. Does this mean that there is no way I can use this credit to buy stuff on the Gamestop site?

my local EB had banners up for this i think I remember seeing castlevania DoS on there too but i'm not sure. Nintendogs was part of this same deal 2 weeks ago I traded that in a few others got +10% plus my trade in and got Okami paid in full.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']You missed the point. They are doing this because the LE does not have as high a trade in value, but the discs are identical. Therefore if they ditch the box and manual, they can pretend it is the normal version of Halo 2.[/QUOTE]

My receipt specifically says "HALO 2 COLL. ED." for $20. No trickery or anything required.

i went today and got $16 cash..they say they have to keep 20% if i chose to opt out of the credit deal

Credit =$20
or choose
Cash = $16

bread's done
Back