EB/Gamestop new "Hot Game Of the Month" Trade in Deal

Wombat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I was chatting with the guy at my EB trading in some stuff for Dead Rising (you get an extra 10% on trade-ins when you pre-order this btw) and he was telling that starting now with Madden '07, (and here what news) every month after there will be a new "hot" game of the month.

If you use trade ins to pre-order you will automatically get an extra 20% on your trade-ins, plus another 10% if you use you edge card. I dont know what the limit on games is, and if its for a game you dont want if you can cancel your preorder and keep the extra credit, but if the hot game is one you want its a pretty good deal to keep in the back of your brain. He did confirm that Gears of War will be one of the Hot games coming soon.

I'd rather have the 3 for 10, but oh well. Hopefully this doesn't change the old 4 for 10 and 3 for 10 deals. I would rather get 4-5 bucks for my 1 dollar tradein game than 1.30

Hmm... I have absolutely no interest in Madden, but if I can cancel the preorder and keep the extra credit... ;)

I'll wait until we get a confirmation on that before I risk doing it though.

yea, I need to hit another kmart to get some more games to wait for the trade 3 in for 10 extra... That was one of the best deals EB/GS has had IMO.

I wonder, if I bring in two games that trade in for $35 each, can I get $35 x 2 = $70 + 20% = $84, + 10% = ~$92, and then use $60 for Madden and still have $32 credit left. Can anyone that works for Gamestop/EB confirm how this promotion will work?

No, you guys are wrong about the best deal....The best deal used to be when EB was its own company about 1 year ago when they had "trade in 5 non-excluded games" get one game free.....they used to have like 5 or 6 games on a list you could pick from.....i remember i would get 5 crappy games and trading them in for a $50 dollar game. Those were the days.....
But as NUGZY i thin it goes 1 X $35 +20% +10% and you X that buy 2. I think thats how it shows up on the computer system..if i remember correctly.....i havent worked in 2 weeks
Hope it helps!!!

So I would get $35 + 20% = $42 + 10% = $46.20 x 2 games = $92.40. Seems like a good deal.

Is there a limit? Can I bring in 5 of my 360 games and get the 20% extra on each one, saying I am applying the extra 20% of each game to purchasing Madden??

i dont think theres a limit.....but you cant put more that what the game cost....so if the game is $60....you cant put more than 60.....the rest becomes credit.... :)

The best was when jampacks and stuff were accpetable for the trade in bonuses.

Edit: To be more specific, I think it was trade in 5 get $10 extra (a while ago).

[quote name='suko_32']The best was when jampacks and stuff were accpetable for the trade in bonuses.[/quote]

They are for this deal. Any item traded in (except systems) is acceptable for the bonus.

yea the trade 5 in for a 50 dollar game was a good deal as well. Gotta admit that. Thats how I'm "supposed" to get my Zelda come this Fall/Winter. Man I've been waiting for this game for so long! Its like terrorism in america, we're told its gonna happen... But it never does!

Interesting deal, but I'm not a big football fan. (I still keep a copy of NFL 2k5 around for when I'm in the mood though.) Hopefully we'll see a good variety of games with this promo, Gears of War maybe?

[quote name='Furashu']can we add this with the 20 dollars towards ff7 dirge of cerbreus deal?[/quote]

Check here, although I do kind of have this deal posted, I didn't explain about there being a new game that gets 20% extra each month.

So has this 20% toward Madden started yet? I would like to know before heading to Gamestop that I can trade my 5 360 games and get 30% extra (with GI card) on them.

[quote name='Nugzy']So has this 20% toward Madden started yet? I would like to know before heading to Gamestop that I can trade my 5 360 games and get 30% extra (with GI card) on them.[/QUOTE]

Sir this started a week ago so yes it is good until the game comes out.

I traded in some stuff towards Dead Rising to get 10% bonus plus then the 10% from my card. Ended up with almost $50. Hope there are better games than EA sports games as the "hot game" in the future.
Peace
coltcannon

bread's done
Back