EB Gamestop Trade 3 Weekend May 18-20

zorba_the_greek

CAGiversary!
I went by Gamestop today, and saw the poster (and a card in their red promo stand at the front) and they are having a trade 3 weekend from May 20-22. The usual applies, games must be $8 + to qualify and you can go to a maximum of $69.99.

You can do it on all new games or preorders, and even on collectors (you pay the difference).

The one I go to is in downtown Toronto (Metrocentre) so they are running it Wed May 18 to Fri May 20 since they are closed weekends.

on the PS Blog they are offering 2 free games and from the list LBP and inFAMOUS is on the list .. as of April ( different dates ) LBP TIV is $8 and inFAMOUS TIV is $10 so maybe if people got rid of the disc copy and got the downloaded copies of the game they may still be able too put these two games towards the trade 3

Just A Thought .... i wouldn't do it tho cause i rather own my games by Disc if have too.

I wish they would offer Trade 3s for anything in the pipeline, since most everything winds up as part of "the list" sooner or later. For example, I recently tried to pre-order Mass Effect 3. I got a CSR who was open to the trade-in, even though strictly speaking it wasn't an available deal.

Another frustrating thing is that I've noticed that the big signs they have above the counter vary from store to store... and at least some reps adhere pretty strictly to those lists... so in practice I can sometimes trade 3 for Game X at one store, but not another.

[quote name='Opopanax']LBP's only $7, I just traded it in this afternoon.

edit: For the GOTY version, anyways[/QUOTE]

oh .... damn i wasn't gonna trade it but it was a good idea cause that was two games higher then $8 too late i guess .. well for one title.

I sometimes feel pretty spoiled cause the EB I go to always has this promo on. I even traded my old fat 40gb PS3 for $200 toward the new Call of Duty Black Ops PS3 bundle coming out next month which is priced at $299, just like a regular 160gb console.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']on the PS Blog they are offering 2 free games and from the list LBP and inFAMOUS is on the list .. as of April ( different dates ) LBP TIV is $8 and inFAMOUS TIV is $10 so maybe if people got rid of the disc copy and got the downloaded copies of the game they may still be able too put these two games towards the trade 3

Just A Thought .... i wouldn't do it tho cause i rather own my games by Disc if have too.[/QUOTE]

The tivs for both are now below $8. I traded them both in within an hour of the announcement on the PS Blog and got $11.50 total.

I split it between Arkham City and Uncharted 3. Thanks Sony! :)

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']You can also do T2 get 50 or T1 get 20... FYI[/QUOTE]Seems to be YMMV, just checked at my local EB, they would only do that for certain titles.

[quote name='maigoyume']Seems to be YMMV, just checked at my local EB, they would only do that for certain titles.[/QUOTE]

Yeah even though someone posted a picture of the poster they wouldnt let me know. Screw that I did T3 for Catherine Deluxe

I had to T3 and then pay $22.40 credit for the deluxe. Of course they charge $10 more for it. Blasted EB and their crappy system.

[quote name='maigoyume']I had to T3 and then pay $22.40 credit for the deluxe. Of course they charge $10 more for it. Blasted EB and their crappy system.[/QUOTE]

The Deluxe is 79.99 lik everywhere else, T3 gives you 69.99$. I only had to pay 10$ extra, you got scooped.

Yea I'm going back tm to argue about it. I knew the guy was spouting BS but I was running late and didn't have the time to screw around.

There was no signage up at any of the stores around here. One store thought it only applied to games that were already out, one store thought it only applied to pre-orders. I got what i wanted so it's no biggie, but what exactly is the point of running a promotion like this if they don't bother to advertise it?

bread's done
Back