EB getting wise to trade-in deal returns?

CaptPete

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I was just about to take back the Xbox NCAA 06 that I picked up last week (pre-ordered with the `$50 trade-in promo) so that I could have some credit to buy cheap games from eb.com and noticed that at the bottom of the receipt it says: ``This sale is final. No returns or exchanges permitted.'' I've never noticed that before; it seems a bit harsh, but it would cut down on people using the trade-in deals to get extra credit.

Does anyone else have this on their receipt, or is this something special just for me?

[quote name='CaptPete']So I was just about to take back the Xbox NCAA 06 that I picked up last week so that I could have some credit to buy cheap games from eb.com and noticed that at the bottom of the receipt it says: ``This sale is final. No returns or exchanges permitted.'' I've never noticed that before; it seems a bit harsh, but it would cut down on people using the trade-in deals to get extra credit.

Does anyone else have this on their receipt, or is this something special just for me?[/QUOTE]

The only time I've seen a sale is final on a receipt was when I got free game on a promotion. Oherwise, I don't see how you can't return a game you bought already.

that's what they used to do back when they allowed you to return games after 14-days (after you exchanged for something.

Only time I've seen that is on clearance items, but knowing EB it's most likely because its a Sport's Title...

[quote name='wubb']Were you planning to take it back still sealed or after you played it?[/QUOTE]

Sealed. I never knew about EB's previous return policy until after they changed it.

[quote name='snake']Did you get NCAA with the trade preorder deal? Is so, that's probably why its there.[/QUOTE]

Whoops! I thought that I mentioned that, but obviously I didn't. Yes, I did the trade-in deal for it. That's actually why I posted; it made me think that they might flag pre-orders that got in on a deal now to try and stop people from `abusing' the trade-in deals.

[quote name='CaptPete']Sealed. I never knew about EB's previous return policy until after they changed it.

Whoops! I thought that I mentioned that, but obviously I didn't. Yes, I did the trade-in deal for it. That's actually why I posted; it made me think that they might flag pre-orders that got in on a deal now to try and stop people from `abusing' the trade-in deals.[/QUOTE]

When they pulled the plug on the PSP game trade-in deal it was said that it was because employees themselves were rampantly abusing it by flipping games purchased at EB . . . "buy" 3 PO games at EB for $20 and turn them in to get a $40 game . . . repeat . . . repeat . . . repeat. A pair of employees could rack up hundreds of dollars in a shift.

I hardly think that a few consumers returning a few copies of games for store credit is a big deal. When I've done this, I get the feeling from the clerks that I'm the only person in the area doing it.

I wouldn't worry about it. Normally, that message is put there for example when someone exchanges one game for a different game. I would have to guess since you paid in trade in deals, they don't want you to take advantage of their deals and just turning the game for something else you really wanted, u know?

As long as the game is still sealed, I don't see a problem with you returning it. They shouldn't care (and if you're buying preplayed in return, they would like it all the more)

bread's done
Back