[EB/GS] $39.99 Fate/Extra Limited Edition (comes with pre-order book)

Thanks I've been waiting for them to fix the price and offer the exclusive book. :p Now to cancel amazon preorder and get it from ebgames

Are you KIDDING? We are getting a US-only preorder bonus on gamestop dot CA???

This is all thanks to me dicking Aksys staff around on various message boards! I DID IT!!

[quote name='jeffx']Are you KIDDING? We are getting a US-only preorder bonus on gamestop dot CA???

This is all thanks to me dicking Aksys staff around on various message boards! I DID IT!![/QUOTE]

not just .ca, in theory based on how it was phrased, it means canada also gets it on in-store preorders. Suck it america :p

Gamestop packs their stuff well and have never had issues with their packaging.

The only turn off is that they send their stuff out through Purolator and depending on the driver who is delivering it they can be a pain to deal with.

[quote name='slidecage']10 bucks for a mag .. i pass and buy the 30 buck verison[/QUOTE]

Technically, you get the mag regardless of which version you preorder. If you pay the extra $10 you get the special 15-page Fate Visual Works art book and the 11 song Limited Soundtrack.

[quote name='Icetron']Never ordered from GS before, how well do they pack their stuff? If it sucks, I'd rather preorder in-store.[/QUOTE]

they might screw you in-store, I've had a friend preorder the legend of zelda ocarina of time 3d in store and never got her poster, if it's by online you can always email or call customer service and I heard they're pretty good at getting things sorted out.

[quote name='telepathy']Technically, you get the mag regardless of which version you preorder. If you pay the extra $10 you get the special 15-page Fate Visual Works art book and the 11 song Limited Soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

Which is definately why I'll take the limited edition :p

[quote name='telepathy']Technically, you get the mag regardless of which version you preorder. If you pay the extra $10 you get the special 15-page Fate Visual Works art book and the 11 song Limited Soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

o didnt see that on the gamestop page its on amazon but not gamestop

ALSO what type of game is this

Fighting or a true RPG game or a mix like that FF game

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']Gamestop packs their stuff well and have never had issues with their packaging.

The only turn off is that they send their stuff out through Purolator and depending on the driver who is delivering it they can be a pain to deal with.[/QUOTE]

Purolator seems like a hassle for me, I'll just take a chance and do it in-stores.

If you go for in-store, chances are it'll be gutted, and I wouldn't count on the the extra bonus. Can't you guys get stuff delivered at work?

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']Gamestop packs their stuff well and have never had issues with their packaging.[/QUOTE]
Huh, every game I've ordered from their site has shipped in a padded mailer. The LE for this will probably be in a paperboard box, which can easily be crushed in a padded mailer... My Dark Souls LE has a small dent in it from them.

[quote name='jeffx']If you go for in-store, chances are it'll be gutted, and I wouldn't count on the the extra bonus. Can't you guys get stuff delivered at work?[/QUOTE]

I've never seen them gut an in-store pre-order. Yeah there was that fiasco where they were opening some recent game and discarding some activation key. But that can happen just as easily with their online store, as that was some head office dick move.

And yeah, in-store never comes through with the bonus goodies. The best way to ensure you get a copy in good condition, and get the pre-order bonus is to simply pre-order both online and instore. You can return online orders in-store, so you can easily mix & match whatever you get to have the best of both worlds.

Hey guys, I was at my local EB games in Toronto today and it looks like they might have gotten the pre-order bonus for fate/extra already. I remembered this thread so I thought since there's a bunch of you who want the bonus on top of the game, to give your local ebgames/gamestop a lookieloo to see if they might have it. Either way, barring on ebgames.ca being asshats, it looks like online pre-orders will get the booklet too if they're sending it to local stores.

[img-c=5049]25472[/img-c]

[IMG-C=5049]25473[/IMG-C]

As for the talk about the pre-ordering gutting, I've never seen that happen "on purpose". the only reason they'll usually gut a pre-order is if the person doesn't come to pick it up within holding window (I think 48 hours) and they don't have a copy already on display.

The reason I put on purpose in quotes is because it's eb/gs and anything can happen in those stores, good or bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
cancelled my preorder due to the fact my psp battery is acting up and still under best buy warrenty.

will probally run the system back first week of nov and just wait till day after thanksgiving to grab a new cheaper system...hopefully by then FATE will either be DEAL OF THE DAY or in some sort of BUY 2 get 1 deal amazon

I didn't even realize there is a preorder bonus, and now it seems like it's too late to get it here in the US. It looks pretty awesome, so I'd really like to have it, but I'm at a loss on what to do.

This may sound like a lot to ask, but would anyone be willing to buy a copy of the limited edition for me with the bonus and ship it to me, or would I be able to buy it on GameStop.ca, ship it to someone, and have them ship it to me, or something? I would of course pay for the game and/or shipping costs, depending on the method.

Well, if anyone is kind enough, I would super, super appreciate it, if you could help me out. Otherwise it seems like I'm gonna be stuck without that darn preorder bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you need to worry about having trouble getting your hands on one. I'd venture a guess that the pre-order book is going to be somewhat common (at least up here). Just going from my pickup of the book (the games been pushed back a week up here?), they seemed to have a stack of them hidden in a drawer behind the counter (I can't see them having many preorders...), and didn't even make a note on my pre-order receipt showing I've collected my freebie. Even though I asked if they wanted to, they just shruged and didn't care, when they're usually picky about that sort of thing.

So maybe you can snag one on the cheap off eBay? That's what I always do to snag US goodies that can't be found around here.

[quote name='ragnar14']I don't think you need to worry about having trouble getting your hands on one. I'd venture a guess that the pre-order book is going to be somewhat common (at least up here). Just going from my pickup of the book (the games been pushed back a week up here?), they seemed to have a stack of them hidden in a drawer behind the counter (I can't see them having many preorders...), and didn't even make a note on my pre-order receipt showing I've collected my freebie. Even though I asked if they wanted to, they just shruged and didn't care, when they're usually picky about that sort of thing.

So maybe you can snag one on the cheap off eBay? That's what I always do to snag US goodies that can't be found around here.[/QUOTE]

Whoa which EB? I might go to Metro tomorrow, I only preordered from them only because I work in the mall lol. So is it confirmed that it's been delayed a week?

Oakridge. I donno about confirmation on the release date. I just know it wasn't there yesterday apparently, and the website moved the release date a week back.

Ahh, I'm not the only one that didn't get the Fate/Extra pre-order book? I guess that's a "good" sign?
I'll double check tomorrow... today was MW3 hell. :p

love how our local one didnt even get enough to fill preorders.. went in thinking i buy it now .. they said they had like 20 preorders and got 2 they hope to have all 20 filled by jan WTF

i would tell them to go #)*_)*@$)(&%# if i had to wait 2 months for a game i prepaid months ago

[quote name='firehawk12']Ahh, I'm not the only one that didn't get the Fate/Extra pre-order book? I guess that's a "good" sign?
I'll double check tomorrow... today was MW3 hell. :p[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't get mine either. I'm gonna go to another EB tomorrow to get my book, they said I can just go there. I only preordered from my EB because I work near there.

I didn't get the book (ordered online a while ago)

However, my order still says "OPEN" on gamestop.ca

Also, they totally fucked up my Otomedius CE. Box is totally damaged. I take it I can just bring it back to any B&M store for a refund?

[quote name='jeffx']I didn't get the book (ordered online a while ago)

However, my order still says "OPEN" on gamestop.ca

Also, they totally fucked up my Otomedius CE. Box is totally damaged. I take it I can just bring it back to any B&M store for a refund?[/QUOTE]

Probably. I've been less than impressed with EB/GS's handling of LEs as of late. So many damaged LEs. My box was damaged, so i dropped preorder. My MGS HD LE was damaged, pretty sure from a knife (from cutting the box). I got the short end of teh stick since I saw there were 5 copies of it the night before (couldn't take it before release date), and since I had to come late after school, I got the shittiest condition. Sadly, it's so hard to come by, that I just took it & then sold it to someone on kijiji.

I'm guaranteeing the Fate/Extra that was delivered by Purolator (I hate purolator so much), is probably damaged as well in the mail. If I find out there's no book, last straw, never preordering in Canadian EB/GS ever again. :bomb:

[quote name='telepathy']If I find out there's no book, last straw, never preordering in Canadian EB/GS ever again. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I've already gone through so many last straws with EB, it's unbelievable. The pitiful fact remains, they're still the best retailer we have....

I still haven't gotten a call about my copy being instock, but it sounds like I need to get myself in there tomorrow to see if they have it yet.

[quote name='jeffx']Also, they totally fucked up my Otomedius CE. Box is totally damaged. I take it I can just bring it back to any B&M store for a refund?[/QUOTE]

Otomedius is out? They haven't called me about that either...
Anyways, yes you can do B&M store returns. I've already done 3 with little hassle. The only problem is the CSRs might not know exactly how to do it. One time I had one who didn't know what to do so he just pulled the correct amount of cash out of the till and handed it to me :lol:

[quote name='ragnar14']I've already gone through so many last straws with EB, it's unbelievable. The pitiful fact remains, they're still the best retailer we have....

I still haven't gotten a call about my copy being instock, but it sounds like I need to get myself in there tomorrow to see if they have it yet.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not joking. I'd rather have an amerifriend get it for me & ship it than deal with this shit. This is just plain retarded. How hard is it to not damage new product you get by being careful & not putting stuff in places it'll get damaged...

On the bright side... This LE is amazing ^_^ ♥♥♥♥ the artbook and soundtrack... the design is so pretty.

oh yeah no kidding, but the only reason I got it through gamestop and not amazon is for the BOOK :(

I will get the Otomedius refund from gamestop B&M and order from videogamesplus.ca instead.

telepathy, yes it's out. I played it over at a friend's house this weekend. pretty awesome traditional SHMUP, not a bullet hell, lots of Konami references, fantastic music. Definitely worth 30$ for the regular edition, but I like to collect LEs anyway.

[quote name='jeffx']oh yeah no kidding, but the only reason I got it through gamestop and not amazon is for the BOOK :(

I will get the Otomedius refund from gamestop B&M and order from videogamesplus.ca instead.

telepathy, yes it's out. I played it over at a friend's house this weekend. pretty awesome traditional SHMUP, not a bullet hell, lots of Konami references, fantastic music. Definitely worth 30$ for the regular edition, but I like to collect LEs anyway.[/QUOTE]

Wtf, I know the game is out & knew when it came out. They called me & I went a few days later to realise it was damaged. It was ragnar14 who didn't know they got them.

oh ok sorry

Best Buy sent me the Otomedius Collector's Edition in a BIG ASS BOX!!! very impressed and I'm hoping Future Shop sends Skyward Sword the same way (I'm assuming same warehouse)

I managed to find the book at 2 EBs. First one checked my receipt, and the second one just handed it to me. Both were imperfect but whatever, I have two now anyways. Looks like most stores are sold out of the LE though...debating if I should just open it but it's dented. :bomb:

Wow, fuck gamestop. I like how I have the book in the order status, but when I go pick it up from purolator location, nothing. Really disappointed. I am just gonna order from the states if I actually want something. gamestop canada fucking terrible.

Ah, fucking EB... When I went in to pickup my preorder, the only copies they had on hand were a bunch gutted shelf copies. Obviously I refused, I'm not preordering and paying full retail for one of their gut jobs, that's retarded. The CSR wasn't bothered, because she was quite sure they had more in back, that just weren't unpacked yet. So I left with the promise they'd give me a call when they find them. No call of course, so I pop back in today to see what's up. What's up is, they had more than enough copies for their pre-order allocation, didn't bother setting anything aside for me, and are now 100% sold out of the LE... :roll: Now they're phoning random EBs tring to get me one. Most likely it'll be another gutted shelf copy if it's the last one from another store...

EB, you're so smart, I love you~

[quote name='jeffx']oh ok sorry

Best Buy sent me the Otomedius Collector's Edition in a BIG ASS BOX!!! very impressed and I'm hoping Future Shop sends Skyward Sword the same way (I'm assuming same warehouse)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jeffx']oh yeah no kidding, but the only reason I got it through gamestop and not amazon is for the BOOK :(

telepathy, yes it's out. I played it over at a friend's house this weekend. pretty awesome traditional SHMUP, not a bullet hell, lots of Konami references, fantastic music. Definitely worth 30$ for the regular edition, but I like to collect LEs anyway.[/QUOTE]

You got lucky with the box... I had mine order from bestbuy and it's in a pad envelope. My Otomedius LE is slightly crushed.

[quote name='ragnar14']Ah, fucking EB... When I went in to pickup my preorder, the only copies they had on hand were a bunch gutted shelf copies. Obviously I refused, I'm not preordering and paying full retail for one of their gut jobs, that's retarded. The CSR wasn't bothered, because she was quite sure they had more in back, that just weren't unpacked yet. So I left with the promise they'd give me a call when they find them. No call of course, so I pop back in today to see what's up. What's up is, they had more than enough copies for their pre-order allocation, didn't bother setting anything aside for me, and are now 100% sold out of the LE... :roll: Now they're phoning random EBs tring to get me one. Most likely it'll be another gutted shelf copy if it's the last one from another store...

EB, you're so smart, I love you~[/QUOTE]

If you really want a copy & dont care about the book, you can always hit up amazon.ca. I believe they still have some in stock. I plan to order one once I return my gs copy for refund.

[quote name='telepathy']If you really want a copy & dont care about the book, you can always hit up amazon.ca. I believe they still have some in stock. I plan to order one once I return my gs copy for refund.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm going the Amazon route now, seeing as EB failed to get me my preorder :drool:

I just got my first copy in the mail. I say first copy because it's going back to them. They shipped it in a padded mailer, and it was crushed in the mail as usual. I'm getting fed up with Amazon, so I'm going to abuse their system and hang onto it till my return arrives and then send back whichever is in worse condition. I'll just repeat that cycle till I get a decent copy, or they sellout. I do hope Amazon enjoys paying shipping each way for every copy I'll go through, just because they thought they'd save a few cents by switching over to padded mailers...

Well I've certainly seen far worse crush jobs, but the side is bulging out a good quarter inch, and the crease it's caused has run through one of the corners. So it's by no means minor. Perhaps I'm being picky, but I am a collector. I have no plans to open this in the immediate future, I could easily keep this game new/sealed in my closet for 10-20 years. I'm paying full retail price here, expecting my games to be in decent condition shouldn't be too much to ask :(

[quote name='ragnar14']Well I've certainly seen far worse crush jobs, but the side is bulging out a good quarter inch, and the crease it's caused has run through one of the corners. So it's by no means minor. Perhaps I'm being picky, but I am a collector. I have no plans to open this in the immediate future, I could easily keep this game new/sealed in my closet for 10-20 years. I'm paying full retail price here, expecting my games to be in decent condition shouldn't be too much to ask :([/QUOTE]

I agree... Both copies I got from eb games got this though...
and because of it I bought one from amazon. Same condition >_>;; I gave up looking for a perfect condition one.

Seems like this is a case of bad package design. Mine was obviously crushed, one edge is bulging out a little on mine too and the back of the box has a crease that runs vertically down (not a deep but definitely noticeable crease), I don't think I'll bother trying to get another copy as I'll probably open this one up anyways.

Yeah, it's not the greatest design. But I've bought a lot of similar PSP games that didn't get damaged back when Amazon used boxes. So it's quite possible for them to be shipped unscathed.

bread's done
Back