[EB/GS] August Promotions (T2+$$, Gaming Guarantee Promotion)

Xeerochild

CAG Veteran
AUGUST PROMOTIONS
tv_offersheader.gif

mostwanted.jpg

GET THE BEST VALUE FOR YOUR USED GAMES... GUARANTEED

There are no Most Wanted Titles this month.

Trade Two List (T2 + $)
T2+$14.99
* Ace Combat Assault Horizon

T2+$9.99
* Cursed Crusade
* Dead Island
* Deus EX
* Driver SF
* FIFA 12
* Madden 12
* NHL 12
* Rage

Trade Three List (T3G1F)

OTHER PROMOTIONS
180x180_3ds_save60.jpg

Save $60 on a brand new 3DS console
WHEN YOU TRADE IN A SELECT OLD DS SYSTEM

Don't forget...Get $25 trade credit for each game traded towards the 3DS

Offer valid on DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL. Offer valid through July 31, 2011. While quantities last. Trade must include all applicable accessories. Applies to titles with a minimum $8 trade value only. Valid on PlayStation 3, PSP, Wii, Nintendo DS, 3DS and Xbox 360 games. Games must include boxes and instructions. No duplicate titles accepted. Some titles may be excluded. No dealers please. Limit one per customer. Offer valid in Canada only. See sales associate for complete details.

180x180_save50kinect.jpg

GET $50 EXTRA TRADE CREDIT
TOWARDS THE 4GB KINECT BUNDLE!

Get $50 Extra Trade Credit towards the 4GB Kinect console bundle when you trade in select current generation hardware (XB360, PS3, PSP 3000, Wii, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS)!

Limited time only. While supplies last. Offer may be discontinued at any time. Where applicable, console must come with one controller and all appropriate cables. Offer valid in Canada only. See sales associate for complete details.

180x180_get50.jpg

TRADE 2 GET $50
TOWARDS THE PRE-ORDER ON SELECT TITLES!

NHL 12 | XB360, PS3 | Regular Price $59.99
Gears of War 3 | XB360 | Regular Price $59.99
Batman Arkham City | XB360, PS3 | Regular Price $69.99
Battlefield 3 | XB360, PS3, PC | Regular Price $59.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 | XB360, PS3, PC | Regular Price $59.99
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception | PS3 | Regular Price $59.99, Col. Ed. $99.99
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim | XB360, PS3, PC | Regular Price $59.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations | XB360, PS3, PC | Regular Price $59.99, PC $49.99

Applies to titles with a minimum $8 trade value only. Valid on PlayStation 3, PSP, Wii, Nintendo DS, 3DS and Xbox 360 games. Trade value of 2 games traded towards this promotion will only increase to a value equal to the value of the regular edition of this title. Games must include boxes and instructions. No duplicate titles accepted. Some titles may be excluded. No dealers please. Offer may be discontinued at any time. Limit one per customer. Offer valid in Canada only. May not be combined with any other offer. See sales associate for complete details.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Last edited by a moderator:
In the past I would be all over these deals, Deux Ex T2+$10 for instance, however Bestbuy/Futureshop keep promoting games under a month from release at $40, I am not much of a online gamer but like my games new and don't really need them the day of the release considering all the AAA titles these days, BB and FS are starting to win me over

[quote name='Encrypt']In the past I would be all over these deals, Deux Ex T2+$10 for instance, however Bestbuy/Futureshop keep promoting games under a month from release at $40, I am not much of a online gamer but like my games new and don't really need them the day of the release considering all the AAA titles these days, BB and FS are starting to win me over[/QUOTE]

Yep expect those were EA releases or overpriced WB Games in Canada. That get price cuts other publishers rarely do this till 4 to 6 months in. Just don't hope for this game to drop price that quickly. Though Square Enix might drop it since its not gonna do well like most of there catalog here in NA.

Have they done that "Get full trade credit within 7 days" thing before? I might have to take advantage of that for some trophies. Real smart business move by them too.

[quote name='Bigwig_rah']Have they done that "Get full trade credit within 7 days" thing before? I might have to take advantage of that for some trophies. Real smart business move by them too.[/QUOTE]

Yep, they have.

Green Lantern should be a relatively easy game to pick up and Platinum; shouldn't take too long.

[quote name='Bigwig_rah']Have they done that "Get full trade credit within 7 days" thing before? I might have to take advantage of that for some trophies. Real smart business move by them too.[/QUOTE]
or you could use it to get online game pass codes & DLC such as for Mortal Kombat ;)

So they don't have MOST WANTED anymore and now all those games on the list are 7-day rents? Considering how easy it is to rip certain games... are they encouraging piracy?

The Why Rent deal is amazing. I was going in to pay off my COD and Battlefield preorders, but I figure I'll beat as many of those games on the list with the $120 I was going to spend anyway.

I picked up Alice and Shadow of the Damned. I should be able to beat them both by this weekend and then I'll return them and grab 2 other games.

Great deal for sure. I get the feeling it will be cancelled half way through or they won't run it again anytime soon. It's TOO good.

Too bad they're charging $70 for Batman. Makes that "trade 2 for $50 credit" essentially "trade 2 for $40 credit."

[quote name='Skardee']Too bad they're charging $70 for Batman. Makes that "trade 2 for $50 credit" essentially "trade 2 for $40 credit."[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't think of it like that. You get $50, not $40, even if it "appears" to be $40. I only say that, because, if you were to move your PO from Batman to something else, they'd move $50, not $40.

I don't understand, how is the Rent Free deal any good? You're basically paying full price for a game on that list, for just 7 days only to get it back as store credit..

[quote name='OmegaChaos']I don't understand, how is the Rent Free deal any good? You're basically paying full price for a game on that list, for just 7 days only to get it back as store credit..[/QUOTE]

I suppose it's good if you have store credit to begin with or if one of the games can be had with a trade in promo.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']I don't understand, how is the Rent Free deal any good? You're basically paying full price for a game on that list, for just 7 days only to get it back as store credit..[/QUOTE]

You buy Alice for 59.99. Trade it in for 59.99 before 7 days is up. You use that 59.99 to pick up Shadows of the Damned. Repeat the process with as many games are you can play / want to try within the month of August that are on the list.

At the end you bring back whatever the last game you grabbed and put it on a preorder of Battlefield or Uncharted (or whatever game you want this holiday)

In the end you only spent 60 bucks to try whatever games are on that list, and then you ultimately keep / buy the game you really want.

It's a great deal considering I think Alice, Red Faction, Shadows of the Damned, Halo Reach, Killzone 3, Portal 2 are games you can beat in a week. Or for games like Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, Hunted that I would never buy, I could at least try it.

[quote name='Rastafari']I suppose it's good if you have store credit to begin with or if one of the games can be had with a trade in promo.[/QUOTE]

If you have store credit, like you said, the promotion is well worth it. You end up getting the credit back, anyway, so you may as well enjoy it. Test out a bunch of games, and if one peaks your interest, you can keep an eye out for it when it goes on sale.

I don't have any store credit though. I don't like having to be forced to purchase games from 1 store a lone.

[quote name='Xeerochild']OTHER PROMOTIONS
180x180_3ds_save60.jpg

Save $60 on a brand new 3DS console
WHEN YOU TRADE IN A SELECT OLD DS SYSTEM

Don't forget...Get $25 trade credit for each game traded towards the 3DS

Offer valid on DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL. Offer valid through July 31, 2011.[/QUOTE]

So... is that a typo or was it actually for one day? I'm kinda interested in trading up my DSL.

Awesome. Did the 2 for $50 deal towards Battlefield 3.

The Sly Collection $9.25 < $25
Prince of Persia Trilogy $10.50 < $25

[quote name='Mr.']So... is that a typo or was it actually for one day? I'm kinda interested in trading up my DSL.[/QUOTE]

No typo. The promo was live in July, but it's over now :(

Any clue when the Why Rent? promo finishes? Have my last final tomorrow but girlfriend also returns from trip tomorrow evening.. Gone are the days where I get to play video games all day. :(

ends on the 27th. you need to make your why rent purchase before the end of that day. still have 7 days to trade it back in for full credit after that though. Great program that has let me try out a bunch of games i would have not purchased at full price like mortal kombat, yakuza 4, hunted.

Traded 2 for Dark Souls PS3 (with free bump to Sp. Ed version). Strangely, it's not on the list on the site, but considering Demon Souls, it'll end up being one of the best games of the year. FROM software rarely disappoints and even 360 only gamers will know why DS is awesome.

[quote name='poiuiu']Traded 2 for Dark Souls PS3 (with free bump to Sp. Ed version). Strangely, it's not on the list on the site, but considering Demon Souls, it'll end up being one of the best games of the year. FROM software rarely disappoints and even 360 only gamers will know why DS is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Dark Souls is listed in the MIK; some stores should have that red T2+$9.99 sticker on the box.

[quote name='Xeerochild']Dark Souls is listed in the MIK; some stores should have that red T2+$9.99 sticker on the box.[/QUOTE]

ooooohhhh really? Time to add 50$ to that 5$ then.

[quote name='poiuiu']Traded 2 for Dark Souls PS3 (with free bump to Sp. Ed version). Strangely, it's not on the list on the site, but considering Demon Souls, it'll end up being one of the best games of the year. FROM software rarely disappoints and even 360 only gamers will know why DS is awesome.[/QUOTE]

While I don't agree, most folks think the Armored Core games are subpar, and From Software was behind a good chunk of them. Again, I don't agree, as I own almost every single AC game!

[quote name='game_fanatic']While I don't agree, most folks think the Armored Core games are subpar, and From Software was behind a good chunk of them. Again, I don't agree, as I own almost every single AC game![/QUOTE]

From Software have definitely developed some iffy games, but they do release good titles more often than not (even if they're in niche genres). Plus, they made the Otogi games and The Adventures of Cookie & Cream, which are awesome!

So I notice they don't list the PC versions of Arkham City or Human Revolution. Anyone have any reason to think I wouldn't be able to do a 'trade 2 get it free' trade? They are both listed at $49.99 on gamestop.ca.

Fingers crossed!

So for the Why Rent, an emplyee gave me the right answer which is, there is no end date planned.

The flyer also doesnt have any end date. Its SUPPOSED to go till end of month but can end at any time. So if you want it, do it now.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']So for the Why Rent, an emplyee gave me the right answer which is, there is no end date planned.

The flyer also doesnt have any end date. Its SUPPOSED to go till end of month but can end at any time. So if you want it, do it now.[/QUOTE]

The flyer (handout) does have a date; it says 2011/07/31 - 2011/08/13, but that time frame has since been abandoned and the promotion has been extended to the end of the month.

It looks like the "Why Rent" promo can be combined today with daily door crasher promo of "Buy any game 39.99 or more and Get Singularity for $4.89". It should auto promo (and the employees at the EB I go to are the best anyway!)

[quote name='Xeerochild']The flyer (handout) does have a date; it says 2011/07/31 - 2011/08/13, but that time frame has since been abandoned and the promotion has been extended to the end of the month.[/QUOTE]

Cool good to know.

Tried to do Trade 2 for Deus Ex PC and they simply said it wasn't part of the promotion (the one with CoD, BF3 etc).

www.gamestop.ca/tradeins

TRADE 2 GET $50
TOWARDS DEUS EX HUMAN REVOLUTION!

Trade 2 games and get Deus Ex Human Revolution (PS3 | XB360) for only $9.99
...Or get it for free on PC

Trade 2 games and get Deus Ex Human Revolution: Augmented Edition (PS3 | XB360) for $19.99

:S and :(

bread's done
Back