EB/GS: Buy a used GC system, get a free GC game

Status
Not open for further replies.
EBC3003753.jpg

[quote name='tangytangerine']Hmm, so I could pick up Gamecube & get Twlight Princess for free? That's kinda cool(especially since TP is $5 more than the actual system).[/QUOTE]

I was just going to mention that. There are games that are more expensive than a used Gamecube itself...so in effect you get a free Gamecube when you buy the game (or even at a discount). Bizzare really...they must be desperate to get rid of their Gamecubes.

Edit: Wow, my local Gamestop actually has several copies of Twilight Princess in...I might have to jump on this deal since a friend was interested in playing Twilight Princess anyway...

[quote name='Edge'] Bizzare really...they must be desperate to get rid of their Gamecubes.

.[/quote]

I'm in a small store and we've got at least 20 lol

Once again, a great deal on my poor week. I bet next week will be buy one strategy guide, get another 50% off or something lame like that.

Whats the trade in value for a used Gamecube. Could you could use the coupon to get the cube and Zelda, then return the cube a week later?

[quote name='Puffa469']Whats the trade in value for a used Gamecube. Could you could use the coupon to get the cube and Zelda, then return the cube a week later?[/QUOTE]

According to the Wiki, Gamecubes trade in for $10. So you could do that, but honestly at $10, you'd probably do better giving it as a gift or something.

Are they even accepting Gamecubes anymore? This seems like a mistake on corporate's part for not putting a limit on the value of the free game (although maybe not, if they really are desperate to get rid of them).

so we can just print this coupon out and use it at the store? no questions asked?

how much is a used gamecube going for nowadays anyway? i couldn't find any on the site.

Sounds like an awesome deal! Doesn't seem like any exceptions to buying a game that is worth more than the system itself.

Hopefully if I decide to go through with this my Gamestop will take a black and white copy of the coupon! Also, I hope not to get a GCN that doesn't work later on or suddenly smells funny!

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']so we can just print this coupon out and use it at the store? no questions asked?

how much is a used gamecube going for nowadays anyway? i couldn't find any on the site.[/quote]$39.99

Yeah - any employees of EB/GS out there that can give us some idea of the ratio of working/non-working used GC systems in their stores? I want to pick one up with a Digital port as a backup, but not as a doorstop.

Not that I need two, but I wonder if you could convince them to give you two Gamecubes instead of a Gamecube and a game?

[quote name='nwaugh']Not that I need two, but I wonder if you could convince them to give you two Gamecubes instead of a Gamecube and a game?[/quote]
\

lol yea right

as for the working:non-working, in 2 years working there I've seen maybe 3 defective cubes

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back