EB/GS pre-orders for...

ckendal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Anyone here that works for EB/GS or has knowledge in general know when EB/GS will start taking reserves for:

1) Super Mario Galaxy
2) Fire Emblem Goddess of Dawn
3) Super Smash Bros Brawl

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

They won't do them until they know their allocation for them. Although, it wouldn't surprise me to see Fire Emblem be put into the system as it isn't quite as popular as SSBB and SMG.

Why would it matter? It's not like every other store in the world won't have Super Smash Brothers and Super Mario Galaxy, possibly cheaper than EB/GS. fuck doing Gamestop's marketing research for them.

How are they not doing preorders for them? They've been in the system for a long time. If it's in the system, they can do preorders for it, yes?

I have all three of those preordered at Gamecrazy, so I imagine you can do the same at EB/GS. I was more peeved that I could not preorder smaller games like No More Heroes. General rule is that if its huge and first party you can preorder it, of course whether you need to is another question all together. For games like these unless you have extra store credit, you are probably able to walk in to most retailers and pick up the game the day it comes out.

Before i left (June) they were NOT in the system to preorder. but now with the date announced look for them to be preordered around late August

[quote name='prisonerac']I have all three of those preordered at Gamecrazy, so I imagine you can do the same at EB/GS. I was more peeved that I could not preorder smaller games like No More Heroes. General rule is that if its huge and first party you can preorder it, of course whether you need to is another question all together. For games like these unless you have extra store credit, you are probably able to walk in to most retailers and pick up the game the day it comes out.[/QUOTE]

You imagined wrong ;). I was in today and heard the same thing about waiting for allocations. A few weeks back I heard a little more detail from another EB employee. I have no idea if this is true or just his theory but it made sense. He said they had problems with not getting enough games for previous preorders (games, not the systems like the 360 which we all know about). So this time, with these huge games (SSBB and Mario Galaxy) they are waiting till closer to release to take preorders. I suppose waiting for the allocation numbers would amount to the same thing.

I noticed that GC pretty much allows you to preorder anything, even games that are just rumors (eg, has Beautiful Katamari for the Wii been announced? It was on the GC preorder list a few weeks back, anyway).

In answer to Halo05, there are two reasons I would want to preorder these games. The first is that EB/GS has that trade 2 Wii games for a new one deal and if you can get them to swing it for preorders it is much more useful than for a current game.

The second is that while these games will be available everywhere, I don't want to spend $50 (or even $45) in cash on them. I want to spend either my GC or EB/GS credit and it is nice knowing I can go into a specific store on the day of release and pick up the game (and not have to run to 3 or 4 of them to find it or spend full retail getting it at Target or whatever).

[quote name='Scorch']How are they not doing preorders for them? They've been in the system for a long time. If it's in the system, they can do preorders for it, yes?[/QUOTE]

It's actually not yet in the system. I keep checking each time I head into work, and we don't have anything yet. It's bloody retarded.

I dunno about allocations and all of that, all I know is I wish they'd hurry up and get it in the bloody system. Then I could easily sell them as preorders and have less of a chance of being shitcanned.

[quote name='Logain8955']It's actually not yet in the system. I keep checking each time I head into work, and we don't have anything yet. It's bloody retarded.

I dunno about allocations and all of that, all I know is I wish they'd hurry up and get it in the bloody system. Then I could easily sell them as preorders and have less of a chance of being shitcanned.[/quote]

maybe gs just wants to keep preorder pushers that move crappy games?

I agree with the poster who wants to know why people pre-order triple A games? When CC is offering most Wii games for $10 off the first week and they have tons of copies of each, I don't understand the pre-order frenzy. Unless you have a buttload of credit at the shop, there really seems to be no point.

I walked into GameStop (because it was close to where I was at the time) on the launch day of SPM and was told I couldn't get it because they only had enough for pre-orders. I told them "Cool, I'll go get it at BestBuy since they'll have 50 copies." I proceeded to do just that.

Unless I suspect a game is going to be rare, I'm going to stick with the big retailers to get my games. I refuse to have to put money down on a game I can easily walk into Target/CC/Wal-Mart/Best Buy on launch day and pick up without a hassle.

bread's done
Back