eb/gs Trade 2 wii-ps3-360 games bonus $10. hardware 20$ bonus [expires 11/11/2007]?

Trade-in 2 XB360, Wii, or PS3 games & receive an extra $10 Trade-in credit!
Expires: 11/11/2007. Games with a trade value of $1.00 or less are excluded from offer. Other exclusions may apply. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers.

Trade-in your used hardware (PS2 / XBOX / DS / PSP / XB360 / Wii / PS3 / GBA SP) and receive $20 extra trade-in credit!
Expires: 10/21/2007. Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance (original), Micro GBA, & Gamecube excluded from offer. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers.

added link from the cheapest gamer on here: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&affid=3000&mc_id=1009nl#offers

Traded some stuff in today.

For the Wiki (after 10% Edge + $10 Bonus)

Dead or Alive 4 (Xbox 360): $9.90
Dead Rising (Xbox 360): $14.90
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (Xbox 360): $16.00
God of War II (PS2): $16.50

Picked up a copy of The Orange Box for Xbox 360. Happy days.

[quote name='monkeydeew']Trade-in your used hardware (PS2 / XBOX / DS / PSP / XB360 / Wii / PS3 / GBA SP) and receive $20 extra trade-in credit!
Expires: 10/21/2007. Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance (original), Micro GBA, & Gamecube excluded from offer. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers.

added link from the cheapest gamer on here: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&affid=3000&mc_id=1009nl#offers[/quote]

I have a broken fat PS2 that I'd like to trade in. "Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value" means that I can still get some amount, right? All of the parts are in it, I just can't get to them to put it back together.

Turned in some games yesterday (all X360, all values before bonuses):

Dead or Alive 4: $9
Need for Speed MW: $7
Call of Duty 2: $3
Halo 3: $35
GRAW: $3
GRAW 2: $10
NBA 2K6: $1
NBA 2K7: $2
Hitman: $8
The Outfit: $3
All-Pro Football 2K8: $8
Saint's Row: $9
Table Tennis: $4

NBA 2K6 was the only game that I didn't get the $5 bonus on. Also didn't get hit with a fee for not having the case and manual for The Outfit. The Edge account got me an extra $10 and the promo got me another $70.

Just tried to trade in my xbox that red rings. One store didnt even talk about trading it in, just said "no". Second store the manager said she would take it under 'refurbished' at 9.22 value versus the 20 if it worked. I would have traded had they allowed the bonus 20, but the bonus is only valid on working systems. So the moral of this lesson is, unless you are lucky, broken systems arent worth trading in.

[quote name='nakanenui']Just tried to trade in my xbox that red rings. One store didnt even talk about trading it in, just said "no". Second store the manager said she would take it under 'refurbished' at 9.22 value versus the 20 if it worked. I would have traded had they allowed the bonus 20, but the bonus is only valid on working systems. So the moral of this lesson is, unless you are lucky, broken systems arent worth trading in.[/QUOTE]

I traded in an "fat" PS2 that they insisted had to be refurbished because the cd drive door creaked when it opened (although it ran fine) but still managed to get the bonus.

My question, however, is whether they accept Xbox consoles with a case that was opened (and thus the seal broken - had to replace the drive) and of course deduct a refurbishing fee, or simply NOT buy opened consoles under any conditions.

Wiki updated through this posting. Thanks everyone!

I was going to try today to trade in an XBOX I opened (to replace the drive), but then I realized it has my son's Burnout 3 save, and I can't copy it. Crud.

Between that and the uncopyable Culdcept file on my PS2, I'm getting a little peeved at stupid for-no-reason restrictions.

does GS still give money for trade-ins? Because I've been wanting to trade in my fat PSP for the Slim, but I don't want to have to get it at GS if the CS coupon will work.

[quote name='robear00']Turned in some games yesterday (all X360, all values before bonuses):

Dead or Alive 4: $9
Need for Speed MW: $7
Call of Duty 2: $3
Halo 3: $35
GRAW: $3
GRAW 2: $10
NBA 2K6: $1
NBA 2K7: $2
Hitman: $8
The Outfit: $3
All-Pro Football 2K8: $8
Saint's Row: $9
Table Tennis: $4

NBA 2K6 was the only game that I didn't get the $5 bonus on. Also didn't get hit with a fee for not having the case and manual for The Outfit. The Edge account got me an extra $10 and the promo got me another $70.[/quote]

man there given 2 for nba 2k7, i am about to trade that in. Good thing its over 1 :)

[quote name='nakanenui']Just tried to trade in my xbox that red rings. One store didnt even talk about trading it in, just said "no". Second store the manager said she would take it under 'refurbished' at 9.22 value versus the 20 if it worked. I would have traded had they allowed the bonus 20, but the bonus is only valid on working systems. So the moral of this lesson is, unless you are lucky, broken systems arent worth trading in.[/quote]

I'm guessing your system has been opened or something? Otherwise, seems to make sense to send it in to MS for free and have them fix it. Then you'd have a functioning Xbox that would be worth a lot more.

Or were you refering to the OG Xbox? I didn't think it ever displayed red in it's little power ring.

Yes it does, MC Hampster, as I know that firsthand from when my spare Xbox systems video wire came loose, it red ringed for a second or two till I got the cable pushed back in.

You know though, if I could just take out the good working parts from the spare PS2 I have and trade it in as non working, I might take $10 for it, since that's what I paid in the first damn place(been trying to sell it on here complete for $15 n shipping, but shipping kills the deal in most peoples minds).

It's too bad they wouldn't take it in CONSOLE ONLY for the $10 though, since I paid about $5 for the DS 2 controller and I know they'd probably split the damned wires from the system and sell them seperately for $5-6 each used.

Ahhh well.....it's not even worth it, unless I got some newbie employee who just put the system on the floor and didn't even test it. If anyone needs a specific part for a PS2, be it a cable to connect the controller ports to the motherboard or a board from the system, lemme know, since I can extract them and would price them pretty cheap($2-3 for a cable, $10 for the laser, etc).

[quote name='BladeoftheImmortal']So no one knows if this is just in-store credit or not?[/quote]

credit only, it says on the ad

Traded a bunch of crap in today....got more than I figured I would for some old PS2 games, but $10 less than I figured I would for a PS2. :roll:

They would NOT take a 2nd PS2 I had with a missing seal.

I was pleasantly surprised to get $5 extra on every 360 game, since I traded in 5. Though they did NOT stack it with the 20% bonus (since I was trading in towards GH3), which pissed me off, but I didn't notice it until I left and I wasn't going to go back and bitch over $3 or $4.

This was the first time I traded stuff in at Gamestop, and the only way I would do it again would be if there was a really good special on and I got confirmation from them that the deal would be EXACTLY as I expected before going through with it.

So with all I traded in below, I got $138 in trade in credit, putting $100 towards GH3 (at least I didn't have to pay tax on it.....), with $38 to spare. Not sure yet what I'll put that towards. Kind of dumb to put it towards Assassin's Creed, since it's ~$48 online. Maybe I'll put it towards a copy of Rock Band (or even the bundle) if no good deals pop up elsewhere.

For the Wiki, here's what I got:

PS2 games:

007: Everything or Nothing - $4
WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth - $3
Conflict: Desert Storm - $1.50
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance - $1.50
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - $1
Tony Hawk 4 - $1.50
Ace Combat 4 - $3
Dead to Rights - $0.50
SOCOM 1 - $1
Medal of Honor Rising Sun - $1
ATV Off Road Fury 2 - $1.50
NCAA Football 2004 - $0.20
Simpsons Hit & Run - $7
Time Splitters 2 - $2

PS2 Dual Shock - $5

PS2 System - $20 :)censored:)

Original Xbox:

Ninja Gaiden Black - $10

360 Games:

Dead or Alive 4 - $9
Kameo - $4
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - $3
Call of Duty 2 - $3
NHL 2K7 - $2.50

[quote name='MC Hampster']I'm guessing your system has been opened or something? Otherwise, seems to make sense to send it in to MS for free and have them fix it. Then you'd have a functioning Xbox that would be worth a lot more.

Or were you refering to the OG Xbox? I didn't think it ever displayed red in it's little power ring.[/QUOTE]

yeah, like IAMTHECHEAPESTGAMER said, its more like a redish orange than red for an OG xbox. I did open it to try and fix it but it looks like a pin got bent and broken on the MB. If I knew how to fix it I would and trade it to GS for the 40, but alas, I am no electronics expert. The controller itself trades in for 5, so its a lose lose there, and this llama guy was buying broken xboxs for closer to 40 depending on pieces working (or ease of fixing in the case of a MB). But he stopped taking trades recently.

[quote name='aktick']Traded a bunch of crap in today....got more than I figured I would for some old PS2 games, but $10 less than I figured I would for a PS2. :roll:

I was pleasantly surprised to get $5 extra on every 360 game, since I traded in 5. Though they did NOT stack it with the 20% bonus (since I was trading in towards GH3), which pissed me off, but I didn't notice it until I left and I wasn't going to go back and bitch over $3 or $4.

This was the first time I traded stuff in at Gamestop, and the only way I would do it again would be if there was a really good special on and I got confirmation from them that the deal would be EXACTLY as I expected before going through with it.

So with all I traded in below, I got $138 in trade in credit, putting $100 towards GH3 (at least I didn't have to pay tax on it.....), with $38 to spare. Not sure yet what I'll put that towards. Kind of dumb to put it towards Assassin's Creed, since it's ~$48 online. Maybe I'll put it towards a copy of Rock Band (or even the bundle) if no good deals pop up elsewhere.

PS2 games:

Tony Hawk 4 - $1.50
Ace Combat 4 - $3
Dead to Rights - $0.50
SOCOM 1 - $1
Simpsons Hit & Run - $7
Time Splitters 2 - $2

PS2 Dual Shock - $5

Original Xbox:

Ninja Gaiden Black - $10

360 Games:

Dead or Alive 4 - $9
Kameo - $4
Call of Duty 2 - $3
NHL 2K7 - $2.50[/QUOTE]

I hope you go back in a bitch if they didnt give you the extra $20 for the ps2 trade as a bonus for trading a console. Go see the manager and complain because it looks like the didnt give you what you were entitled to. Was that a second Dual shock controller for 5, cause you need to trade 1 when you trade the system.

also, for trading in systems, they plug it into an lcd screen to test if it boots up. my xbox was opened, but it powered up to the splash screen, then it went to the 'please call MS for service' screen. depends on who you get, but if you are lucky, they wont even check. the policy is not to except any systems that dont have a serial number sticker.

[quote name='aktick']Traded a bunch of crap in today....got more than I figured I would for some old PS2 games, but $10 less than I figured I would for a PS2. :roll:

PS2 games:

Tony Hawk 4 - $1.50
Ace Combat 4 - $3
Dead to Rights - $0.50
SOCOM 1 - $1
Simpsons Hit & Run - $7
Time Splitters 2 - $2

PS2 Dual Shock - $5

Original Xbox:

Ninja Gaiden Black - $10

360 Games:

Dead or Alive 4 - $9
Kameo - $4
Call of Duty 2 - $3
NHL 2K7 - $2.50[/quote]

Wow, those are some shitty values right there, but I am a bit surprised by the value of NGB, since I think it was going for $8 or so months ago. But probably with Sigma coming out, the older versions went UP in price because in GS's flawless logic, people will want to play the older versions before playing the new one.

And, as long as it worked ok, you could've probably dumped that PS2 system here for $30-50 or so, depending on what model # it was. I still laugh that they'll jack up the price you got for a DS 2 and make about $15 in profit on it, so again, you could've sold it for as much here, but it's less hassle to trade in in store I suppose.

And, when I opened my two PS2s up(one 30001R, one 50001) to use the controller ports from the 30001R in the 50001, I was lucky enough to save my warranty seal on an open spot on a page of address labels. So, if I ever go to trade one of them in, I'm slapping that sob back on the back of it beforehand.

It pays(at times) to be as shifty as these games stores, especially Gamestop which claims to send out systems to refurb them. But looking at the number of re-posts in the $50 Xbox deal thread and the amount of returns before getting a good working system, it's safe to say they're full of shit and just hope that people won't call them on that bullshit refurb fee.

[quote name='nakanenui']I hope you go back in a bitch if they didnt give you the extra $20 for the ps2 trade as a bonus for trading a console. Go see the manager and complain because it looks like the didnt give you what you were entitled to. Was that a second Dual shock controller for 5, cause you need to trade 1 when you trade the system.

also, for trading in systems, they plug it into an lcd screen to test if it boots up. my xbox was opened, but it powered up to the splash screen, then it went to the 'please call MS for service' screen. depends on who you get, but if you are lucky, they wont even check. the policy is not to except any systems that dont have a serial number sticker.[/quote]

$20 is what I got for it BEFORE the $20 extra bonus, so yeah I got that, but it WAS $30 base price for a large PS2 only a couple weeks ago. I'm sure the bastards lower the trade-in value $10 before giving you the $20 bonus. After this deal is over they'll probably "magically" be worth $30 again. :roll:

I'll try to sell the other one here or on ebay. Wish I kept the seal. :cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']but I am a bit surprised by the value of NGB, since I think it was going for $8 or so months ago. But probably with Sigma coming out, the older versions went UP in price because in GS's flawless logic, people will want to play the older versions before playing the new one.
[/quote]

I actually bought it used at GS for $17, so after the 20% bonus I got $12, essentially paying $5 to play through it. Good deal (surprisingly).

I paid $7 for my copy from a guy who was about to trade it and Stubbs The Zombie into a Gamestop back in June when I went out of town with a friend on a trip to some outlets. Thing is, I already had a copy of Stubbs, so I ended up later on trading in the other copy I got to FYE for $10-12. So, I still made $$$, since I paid $15 or so for both games.

This is what i got today for my trades and somehow they gave me a TON of Bonus's i think!!

Eragon: 4.00
Saints Row: 9.00
Far Cry Instinct: 8.00
Moto GP 2006: 5.00
GBA SP: 20.00

Alright soo that is 86.00 if you include the 20.00 system bonus and 10.00 extra for each 2 360 games... however my magical total was 103.56 soo i scored and extra 20 bucks almost! Works for me and paid for most of my Rock Band Bunle!

[quote name='BladeoftheImmortal']does GS still give money for trade-ins? Because I've been wanting to trade in my fat PSP for the Slim, but I don't want to have to get it at GS if the CS coupon will work.[/quote]
Here lately they've been asking if I want cash or credit for trades, but the cash option will be 20% less. They'll probably go for it even though it says not good on cash trades. So if my math and the Cag-Wiki are correct you would get $56 on a PSP fat if you took the cash option. Pretty crappy considering they charge $130 for a used psp.

Edit: removed coupon reference since it's not a coupon - durr

Went to a GameStop today and got this trade quote for the wiki:
DS Phat: $30

With the $20 add-on it would be $50.

I wonder if pricing is somewhat YMMV? I just updated the Wiki with my trade in stuff for Wii Sports and the Wii-the hardware was $10 less than two days earlier, and Wii Sports was 2.50 rather than 7.50. I guess it's possible it dropped that much in 2 days...

[quote name='Wolfpup']I wonder if pricing is somewhat YMMV? I just updated the Wiki with my trade in stuff for Wii Sports and the Wii-the hardware was $10 less than two days earlier, and Wii Sports was 2.50 rather than 7.50. I guess it's possible it dropped that much in 2 days...[/quote]

Like I said above, I'll bet the bastards lower the price on this stuff during this deal, then it'll go back up to "normal" price after the deal is over. :roll:

[quote name='aktick']Like I said above, I'll bet the bastards lower the price on this stuff during this deal, then it'll go back up to "normal" price after the deal is over. :roll:[/quote]

I completely agree. I went to GS sunday to trade in a DS lite since the CAGwiki was saying that GS was giving $60 for it. To my surprise, the manager said $50. I know its only 10 bucks, but knowing someone was getting $60 for one last week made me put the DS right on Ebay.

during the bonus 40%, phastasy star was 8 bucks and netted around 11 bones. now its 6 and with the 5$ bump it just makes 11. thanks gs!

Here is some trade in values for the wiki:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (360) - $5
The Darkness (360) - $12
Halo 3 - $35
Sonic and the Secret Rings - $10
Oblivion (PS3) - $9
Dead or Alive 4 - $9

I saw on the first page a guy mentioning something about an extra 50% when you trade in games towards a system. Does anyone know anything about this?

I ask because I was thinking about buying a used 20 gig PS3 at a local Gamestop and I've got a bunch of games I was going to trade in on it.

Most of them are 360 games and I've got an Edge card, so what deal should I ask to get when I go to trade them in?

Traded in:

Elebits ($8 base + $0.80 edge)
Fusion Frenzy 2 ($7 base + $0.70 edge)
+ $10 bonus

Netted me $26.50 total. With the 10% coupon and $10 in credit I had, picked up Beautiful Katamari for $1.65. :)

Maybe I had a employee that didn't know what he was doing. The extra $10 is not supposed to apply to cash trades, right? Because I got the extra $10 during one.

Got $15 for Forza 2 & $7 for Fuzion Frenzy 2. Somehow got $25 after the 20% off for cash. Also, Pocketbike Racer gets you $.15 store credit(not complaining, since I got it for free and absolutely hate it).

[quote name='tangytangerine']Maybe I had a employee that didn't know what he was doing. The extra $10 is not supposed to apply to cash trades, right? Because I got the extra $10 during one.

Got $15 for Forza 2 & $7 for Fuzion Frenzy 2. Somehow got $25 after the 20% off for cash. Also, Pocketbike Racer gets you $.15 store credit(not complaining, since I got it for free and absolutely hate it).[/quote]

Fifteen cents for one of the BK games? LOL I know they're bad, but really...that's even less than the yearly Madden games get once the next one comes out.

[quote name='zewone']Marvel Ultimate Alliance (360) - $5
The Darkness (360) - $12[/QUOTE]

If anyone actually thinks about trading these in for those prices, I'd be happy to pay $12 for MUA and $20 for Darkness.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']guess i'll trade in my old xbox since this is prolly the most im gonna get for it :lol:[/quote]

Ebay?

Does anyone know if the 06 sports games will work with this. I have like 7 of those or the360 and am dying to get rid of them. $5.00 a piece isnt bad, plus whatever there normal value, make them between $6.00 and $7.00. Those are probally the games that are under a buck though.

:(

Forza 2 and Darkness are $35 credit EACH at Blockbuster/Gamerush. Check the trade wiki or the Gamerush thread before you go to EB and get your butthole stretched.

Wiki updated through this posting. Thanks everyone!

[quote name='aktick']Like I said above, I'll bet the bastards lower the price on this stuff during this deal, then it'll go back up to "normal" price after the deal is over. :roll:[/quote]

Prices at GS always tend to go down instead of up, so that's at play.

However, I have noticed while updating the wiki for this promotion, prices (especially on 360 games) were dramatically lowered since the last promotion (the 20/30/40 one). Most games dropped $2 - $5.

This $8 for a $30 used game and $12 for a $50 used game bullshit has got to stop. I refuse to bend over for this company.

[quote name='$hady']Forza 2 and Darkness are $35 credit EACH at Blockbuster/Gamerush. Check the trade wiki or the Gamerush thread before you go to EB and get your butthole stretched.[/quote]

Not all of us have a Blockbuster/Game Rush that has stuff we want. The ones I go to have nothing but kid or crappy licensed games. One I went to recently had a 2 shelves full of X-men/ Spider-Man 3/Spongebob Squarepants games, not exactly games I'd like to own.

I'd rather trade the games into GS and get something I'd want to play then have credit that sits at a Blockbuster because no one trades anything decent in.

bread's done
Back