EB/GS Weekend Ad ($5 off used 360 games/PSP Value $200/Some Price Drops)

XERD_003SS

CAGiversary!
- PSP Value went from $250 to $199. It's the one that includes 32 MB, Headphones, and Soft Case Cleaning Cloth. Not that great of a deal but it's alright if you were planning on getting new PSP.

- $5 off any used 360 game.

- Extra $5 dollar trade in credit when you trade in 2 PSP games.

- $5 off The Pursuit of Happyness and Rocky Balboa

- 20% off Oblivion and Ghost Recon Strategy Guide with the purchase of the game.

Price Drops include
- Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII $29.99
- Wii Storage & Protection 512 MB Kit $39.99
- PSP Nodus Speaker System $99.99

Here's the full ad:
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3628/olfsi0323072ot1.jpg
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2480/olfsi0323071fp4.jpg
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2480/olfsi0323071fp4.jpg

It's in their weekend deal PDF ad, the actual advertisment states available in stores only [and only stores that actually have it]

Kind of a rip off, nothing in the bundle is really worth it: a 32 MB memory stick? a pair of OEM headphones? a Sony pen remote? the only things remotely useful are the soft cloth and soft case.

you're better off buying a used PSP with the warranty, seriously. just check for dead pixels and make sure the buttons are nice and responsive.

The $5 off an xbox 360 game is a much better deal, especially if you stack with edge: $35 for Viva Pinata, $21 for DOA4, plus tons of games at under $12...

Rumble Roses XX $11
NBA Live 06 for $11
Madden 06 for $6
Burger King Games for $1 in change [seriously, $3.99 minus 40 cents edge minus 5 coupon]

I thought the value pack was already $199 and the entertainment pack was $249. BB & CC have had the value pack @ 199 since xmas.

Okay, that should be better. Sorry about all that editing and stuff.
Like someone said, the PSP Value depends if you're store has it, so make that one YMMV.

[quote name='Tsukento']It's not showing up. Only thing appearing is the Core system for $199.[/quote]

go gamestop.com then weekly ad in the upper corner...

that psp deal is pretty tempting, but then again i dont want to spend that much

[quote name='sp00ge']I looks like they raised a few prices for this coupon. Madden 06 is now $14.99.[/QUOTE]

They would. EVERYONE should stop buying at GameStop/EB, immediately.

I bet they don't even let you use the 10% discount card with the $5 off. And that most any cheap 360 games have been raised to at least $15-18.

[quote name='jer7583']They would. EVERYONE should stop buying at GameStop/EB, immediately.

I bet they don't even let you use the 10% discount card with the $5 off. And that most any cheap 360 games have been raised to at least $15-18.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if the edge/5 dollars are stackable or not. It probably depends on the individual employee ringing you up.

EBstop does suck, but nowadays, there aren't many options left. As far as I know, they're really the only place around here that gets random preorder bonuses. Furthermore, the other game store in the area, Replay Games & DVDs was trying to sell Wiis at above MSRP so I can't really support them either. eBay is filled with horders and hucksters selling everything "RARE! HARD TO FIND!" under the sun. I really like gametz but there are no guarantees that you're going to find what you want and even when you do, the whole trading process can take 5 days or more. It's hard to buy games from a good company/person anymore.

Edge/More should stack with EVERYTHING. It's not a deal/coupon/offer, it's a paid discount card. I've had the local gamestop deny me before, however, and I filed complaint against them. But they are also the same people who were overriding trade-in prices for lower amounts too.

The girls at the local EB gladly took it and even said that it is supposed to be accepted for everything, except the restrictions listed on the back.

[quote name='sp00ge']I looks like they raised a few prices for this coupon. Madden 06 is now $14.99.[/quote]
When i saw the ad i said to myself, bet they're gonna raise the prices a few bucks. hopefully its not that bad

[quote name='Halo05']I don't know if the edge/5 dollars are stackable or not. It probably depends on the individual employee ringing you up.
[/quote]

Just tell the employee to scan the card in. The card stacks with EVERYTHING, and any doucebag employees that don't do it need to be killed.

I'm getting tired of having to print out a coupon everytime. I think they went in with the ink companies. Hey, now I can get King Kong for the same price as it was before they raised it when they found out about the achievement program.

Dickheads.

[quote name='toneroni']When i saw the ad i said to myself, bet they're gonna raise the prices a few bucks. hopefully its not that bad[/quote]

Madden 06 appears to be the only one. Even after the coupon, it's still less than the old price. The games I've been eyeing haven't changed in price, thankfully.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I'm getting tired of having to print out a coupon everytime. I think they went in with the ink companies. Hey, now I can get King Kong for the same price as it was before they raised it when they found out about the achievement program.

Dickheads.[/quote]

I copied just the coupon and photoshopped a sheet of 8 correct size coupons and printed them on low quality b&w. Screw using alot of ink.

Is it me or does it look like EB/GS getting cheap on the discounts with the games they got in stock. They use to have killer deals back in the days. Now I rather go to BB or Target to get a real deal. Only thing EB/GS good for is in trade ins but even that is a bit hard to swallow when they offer such a low buy back price on games.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I'm getting tired of having to print out a coupon everytime. I think they went in with the ink companies. Hey, now I can get King Kong for the same price as it was before they raised it when they found out about the achievement program.

Dickheads.[/quote]

Your store doesn't have the ads?

I guess mine is just part of a test, because we've actually got a copy of the ad ON DISPLAY at our store. We don't require people to bring them in, because most of the time, the coupon code is e-mailed to us and we print it out and stick it next to the register.

No, EB/GS(gamecrazy too for that matter) is NOT the only option out there. Best Buy/Target/CC consistently sell new games for less than their crappy "used" selection.

Just stop buying from them, they hurt publishers, they hurt developers, they do nothing but hassle customers when you do go there, they rip people off on "trade in deals" and they are absolutely worthless. Their stores smell worse than most thrift stores I go into and are typically less well organized, and the employees don't give a shit about anything.

If you need used stuff, support your local Videogame/Movie/Music type stores, if you have them. If not, then supporting these corporate festering boils on the ass of videogaming is the reason why. Also, buy on CAG or trade on the trading forum, people here are great to trade with and buy from!

[quote name='jer7583']No, EB/GS(gamecrazy too for that matter) is NOT the only option out there. Best Buy/Target/CC consistently sell new games for less than their crappy "used" selection.

Just stop buying from them, they hurt publishers, they hurt developers, they do nothing but hassle customers when you do go there, they rip people off on "trade in deals" and they are absolutely worthless. Their stores smell worse than most thrift stores I go into and are typically less well organized, and the employees don't give a shit about anything.

If you need used stuff, support your local Videogame/Movie/Music type stores, if you have them. If not, then supporting these corporate festering boils on the ass of videogaming is the reason why. Also, buy on CAG or trade on the trading forum, people here are great to trade with and buy from![/quote]

bad experience? even the "mom and pop" places were rip-offs where i'm from... before we had eb's and gs's, we had cd warehouses, wherehouse musics, and the movie trading company... now, if you look, there gone. they took themselves out if you ask me

[quote name='jer7583']No, EB/GS(gamecrazy too for that matter) is NOT the only option out there. Best Buy/Target/CC consistently sell new games for less than their crappy "used" selection.

If you need used stuff, support your local Videogame/Movie/Music type stores, if you have them. If not, then supporting these corporate festering boils on the ass of videogaming is the reason why. Also, buy on CAG or trade on the trading forum, people here are great to trade with and buy from![/QUOTE]

Depends on what store you go to, the EB games I worked at was pretty cool. People (myself included) were always polite and quick to help. Sure, we ragged on PS3, but no one seemed to mind (certainly not the folkd who were convinced to switch over to 360 instead). I also made sure that everything was organized to an extent (keeping everything organized is near impossible with little kids and ghetto people throwing things around 24/7).

As for M&P stores; five in my area, and they all suck. Three of them are known hoarders (probably using this site, assholes). So yeah, I should support people who steal deals from me:roll: And that not to mention that every store overcharges, because they need to make a profit.

Local stores wouldn't be so assy if they didn't have EB/GS to base their prices on.

There is no reason for EB/GS to exist. I wish some angels would come down from heaven and execute their Board, Mooby style.

[quote name='aniousjoe']bad experience? even the "mom and pop" places were rip-offs where i'm from... before we had eb's and gs's, we had cd warehouses, wherehouse musics, and the movie trading company... now, if you look, there gone. they took themselves out if you ask me[/QUOTE]
The internet took them out, plain and simple.

I can get better prices and service on the internet, I will. Good riddance, mom and pop store. Keep up with the times, business isn't a charity.

[quote name='PyroGamer']The internet took them out, plain and simple.

I can get better prices and service on the internet, I will. Good riddance, mom and pop store. Keep up with the times, business isn't a charity.[/quote]

QFT...

EBstop (nice one) is all dependant on the employees. Good emp=good store. Mine suck hairy balls. Don't want to do anything for you at all. No ads in store, harass me constantly (even more than normal) and are general holier-than-thou pricks.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']EBstop (nice one) is all dependant on the employees. Good emp=good store. Mine suck hairy balls. Don't want to do anything for you at all. No ads in store, harass me constantly (even more than normal) and are general holier-than-thou pricks.[/QUOTE]

Its the employees yes but the managers set the tone.

Just picked up Rumble Roses XX for $11 and change. Took my Edge discount as well, even asked me for it before I could mention it. I also asked about pre-ordering the 360 "Elite" and he said they won't know until they know how many they are getting.

The value pack is pretty worthless anyway - the case scratches the screen, the headphones are crap, and the memory card is 32MB - . The only thing of value is the wiping cloth.

Even with the $5 off there's nothing worth getting... and nothing close to a good bargain.

EBStop! We're the store run by those assholes you mute on Xbox Live!

The store depends on the manager and the employees. I only shop (when I do) at one GS around here and it's the furthest one away from me in my city. Manager is chill, employees are chill, except for maybe one... He said he hated capcom for backstabbing him and putting DMC4 on 360...??? Because you know, they were loyal to him to begin with. Sony fanboyzzz.

I only shop at GS when I see killer deals (rarity now). I did go there the other day to renew my Game Informer. That's one plus about GS, they let you subscribe to the best gaming magazine in the states for cheap.

My gamestop is extremely cool!I get along with the cashier and he lets me use his edge card.He also harrases me with pre-orders(It's their job,it's not that they want to but they have to) but it's cool.The guys at GS are really Know it alls in videogames.I still remember the funny debate I had with them.it's organized and clean but I think i have one of those "rare" Gamestops.On the other hand,EBGames is quite the opposite.I don't go there that much.I really hate it and the employees are jerks.The good thing about EB is that they harrass me with pre-orders.

[quote name='jer7583']EBStop! We're the store run by those assholes you mute on Xbox Live![/quote]

Are you going to post anything contstructive or are you just going to constantly threadcrap?

[quote name='sp00ge']I copied just the coupon and photoshopped a sheet of 8 correct size coupons and printed them on low quality b&w. Screw using alot of ink.[/QUOTE]

The last time I used one of these internet coupons, the guy at gamestop said I needed a copy of the full ad, all pages, and that the coupon itself was not good enough. I thought that was bs.

Here is the thing, where I live there are no mom and pop stores and if there were they would have garbage (and I mean nothing good, I mean waste your time even thinking about going there due to my local area). Also the only other store to have anything is a wal mart and seriously you do not want to shop there. So you are left with a EB games and Gamestop. Now my Gamestop is full of retards (seriously they are dumb), the EB games folks are cool and they know what they are doing. So I am forced to shop at EB games or Gamestop, but it isn't all that bad because they have a pretty decent selection of games.

[quote name='droidekaspam']The last time I used one of these internet coupons, the guy at gamestop said I needed a copy of the full ad, all pages, and that the coupon itself was not good enough. I thought that was bs.[/quote]

Never had that issue. If they wanted the whole ad, it should say so on the ad and they should get rid of the dashed "cut-out" border. It clearly says at the bottom "Customer must present coupons for discount."

Edit: This coupon is a waste of time. Look at gamestop.com nearly all the used 360 games have dropped $5 anyways.

DOA4 has already dropped $10 today and it wouldn't let me use the $5 off coupon. It's only good for the used 360 games that haven't been price dropped. So basically EB/Gamestop have left a few 360 games that haven't been marked down for you to use the $5 off coupn(making you feel like your getting a deal).

Check it out in further detail. Man these stores are sneaky.

[quote name='sp00ge']Are you going to post anything contstructive or are you just going to constantly threadcrap?[/quote]

i agree. seriously, jer... seems like every eb/gs thread, you're there to bitch about them. then again, you're usually not the only one. still, like many have said, there's not much of a choice in stores to shop at for some of us. eb/gs is not on the same level as wally world

on a lighter, and more helpful note, the coupon did NOT work for the bk games. and if it helps, the coupon says "one per visit", so i'd just go to another store or go another day to that store to use another coupon

[quote name='aniousjoe']

on a lighter, and more helpful note, the coupon did NOT work for the bk games. and if it helps, the coupon says "one per visit", so i'd just go to another store or go another day to that store to use another coupon[/quote]

Yeah, I joked with the guy about the BK games. I was like , "so if I get Sneak King I get it for free plus YOU have to give me $1" :lol:

[quote name='Jagwarlord']Edit: This coupon is a waste of time. Look at gamestop.com nearly all the used 360 games have dropped $5 anyways.

DOA4 has already dropped $10 today and it wouldn't let me use the $5 off coupon. It's only good for the used 360 games that haven't been price dropped. So basically EB/Gamestop have left a few 360 games that haven't been marked down for you to use the $5 off coupn(making you feel like your getting a deal).

Check it out in further detail. Man these stores are sneaky.[/quote]

I was fooled today. I changed my previous post to this.

I'm thinking I will get XBLA Unplugged so it would be $13 after coupon, then another 10% off with my Edge card. So, it would be under $12 for 6 XBLA games that I don't have, not bad. I will, however, pass on this if they "1-3" games in my area do not have the original case.

I don't think it unconstructive to tell people that EBStop is a waste of time and money. I was proven right because they've raised used prices in response to this "coupon" and not let you use the coupon on anything without a price raise online. What a joke.

[quote name='jer7583']I don't think it unconstructive to tell people that EBStop is a waste of time and money. I was proven right because they've raised used prices in response to this "coupon" and not let you use the coupon on anything without a price raise online. What a joke.[/quote]

It's actually the oposite, it's anything without a price-drop.

Pocketbike Racer and Big Bumpin are $3.99 used, free game? (I know there is no way they'll give you an additional $1.00 off another item). Or they will probably come up with some excuse why you can't get that game.

[quote name='sp00ge']I copied just the coupon and photoshopped a sheet of 8 correct size coupons and printed them on low quality b&w. Screw using alot of ink.[/quote]

Do you mind uploading the sheet?

bread's done
Back