EB loves me

lowgear26

CAGiversary!
So I order a bunch of the cheap PC games and cheap Xbox games from the recent deals they have. The Bastards sent me the WRONG order! I got 2 copies of Metroid Prime 2 for the Gamecube I never ordered or got charged for.....DAM YOU EB!

I'd be upset I didn't get what I ordered... Did you get charged for your PC game order? If you got charged and didn't received it, you could tell them. Its up to your concious whether or not you'd also tell them you got someone else's order.

Im happy....just in a sick sacrastic bastard kinda way.....I mean I just got 2 games that I can trade in for 2 new games I want.....I dont even have a gamecube....thats the best part.

I feel badly for the poor guy that wanted Metroid Prime 2 and gets your order of shitty PC games...

If you call EB and explained that they fucked up, they should send you the right order. And because you didn't order the MPs, they should let you keep them (I'm not sure if they're obligated to or not).

i would call them and tell them what happened, i am guessing they tell you to just keep the gc games and will re ship your pc games.

that was what happened to me when i was ordering heavily from them and they sent me games i never ordered.

[quote name='lowgear26']Im happy....just in a sick sacrastic bastard kinda way.....I mean I just got 2 games that I can trade in for 2 new games I want.....I dont even have a gamecube....thats the best part.[/QUOTE]
MP2 doesn't trade in for $50, which is what you seem to imply there.

[quote name='dracula']i would call them and tell them what happened, i am guessing they tell you to just keep the gc games and will re ship your pc games.

that was what happened to me when i was ordering heavily from them and they sent me games i never ordered.[/QUOTE]

Cool, it's like a banking error in your favor.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']MP2 doesn't trade in for $50, which is what you seem to imply there.[/QUOTE]

no not for a trade in but I could go to Wal-Mart and say I lost the reciept.....they are both new and sealed....and trade them for other new games.

[quote name='lowgear26']no not for a trade in but I could go to Wal-Mart and say I lost the reciept.....they are both new and sealed....and trade them for other new games.[/QUOTE]

CONGRATS! You just became a slimeball! Not only do you keep games that arent yours (and dont tell eb of the mistake) You go and rip walmart off with the ill gotten gains! YOU SIR ARE A SHINING EXAMPLE OF A HUMAN BEING!!!

no not for a trade in but I could go to Wal-Mart and say I lost the reciept.....they are both new and sealed....and trade them for other new games

Congratulations! You just blew any credibility or goodwill you had from the CAG members!

EDIT: Hahah...great minds think alike.

[quote name='lowgear26']no not for a trade in but I could go to Wal-Mart and say I lost the reciept.....they are both new and sealed....and trade them for other new games.[/QUOTE]

err... I wouldn't show my face around here anymore if I were you

[quote name='the_deej']err... I wouldn't show my face around here anymore if I were you[/QUOTE]
Yeah, hopefully he's smart enough to do that, and not brag about the flipping.

LMAO...ripping off Wal-Mart....I worked for Wal-Mart at one point in my life and trust me....you cant rip Wal-Mart off. And besides its their policy and If they allow me to return things there that I didnt buy there then I figure its my perogitive. Oh and I did call EBs wonderful customer service at the close of their day and they said in plain language If I didnt get charged for it then I could decide wether or not I want to ship them back......So I asked can I keep them evewn though I didnt order them......my answer was yes......Ok I will then have a nice day.

[quote name='lowgear26']LMAO...ripping off Wal-Mart....I worked for Wal-Mart at one point in my life and trust me....you cant rip Wal-Mart off. And besides its their policy and If they allow me to return things there that I didnt buy there then I figure its my perogitive. Oh and I did call EBs wonderful customer service at the close of their day and they said in plain language If I didnt get charged for it then I could decide wether or not I want to ship them back......So I asked can I keep them evewn though I didnt order them......my answer was yes......Ok I will then have a nice day.[/QUOTE]

If you are so sure this is their policy and they wont have a problem with it, simply tell them you didnt buy them there but would like to return them there.

If you do this and the cashier doesnt blink, then you are my personal hero for being so honest and I have no problem whatsoever that you are doing this type of return.

But Id bet my legs you are gonna slither in, be very non commital as to where the games came from and why you dont have a receipt and hope they let it fly under the radar.

That, my friend, makes you an ass.

FYI....I will tell them I didnt buy it there and they will take it because they sell it.......IT IS WAL MARTS POLICY. I worked for them and as long as the product is sold there you can return it for store credit.....its either 3 or 4 transactions per 3 month period. Is it honestly a crime to use the policy like that....I have before and they do it because they still get business like this......btw how is this different from lets say the GGC at Best-Buy....it shouldnt work for many things but it does....so the people that use it are criminals because the computer allows the $5 discount to be taken out?

[quote name='lowgear26']FYI....I will tell them I didnt buy it there and they will take it because they sell it.......IT IS WAL MARTS POLICY. I worked for them and as long as the product is sold there you can return it for store credit.....its either 3 or 4 transactions per 3 month period. Is it honestly a crime to use the policy like that....I have before and they do it because they still get business like this......btw how is this different from lets say the GGC at Best-Buy....it shouldnt work for many things but it does....so the people that use it are criminals because the computer allows the $5 discount to be taken out?[/QUOTE]

Theres a little bit of difference my friend. Very few places are as generous with their return policy as Wal mart and even fewer people are as honest as you say you are in disclosing the items orgin.

As I said and I mean this wholey, if you tell them the truth and they do it, you are an A+ human being in my book because you took the high road where/when many do not.

As far as the GGC, thats a coupon that takes $5 off a purchase. Theres no fraud involved as it is a discount readily offered by best buy for best buy purchases.

The walmart return scam is different. You are KNOWINGLY deceiving the cashier in order to make your "profit" (no you specifically, the scammer I mean) That is the exact moment the fraud takes place because you are suggesting these items were bought in store when they were not.

As was said before, if you TELL the employees the purchase DID NOT ORIGINATE in their store and they happily return it, you are NOT a scammer. What you must understand though is 99% of the people who mention the return thing at Wal Mart ARE dishonest and ARE scammers. You, if you do as you say you will, are far and away an exception to the rule.

Yes at least you get the point......They take back whatever they sell.....even if you dont buy it there and only a few times per 3 months. Key point....they sell it and I return it....I get store credit and get something else and everyone is happy.....well almost everyone

Well IMO if he can et away with it then I think it's ok as long as he at leasts tell them that he didn't purchase it there, it just goes to show that Wal-Mart's return policy SUCKS.

[quote name='lowgear26']FYI....I will tell them I didnt buy it there and they will take it because they sell it.......IT IS WAL MARTS POLICY.[/QUOTE]

You, sir, are a fucking idiot. It is Wal-mart's policy to take back any item which was purchased from them in exchange for a refund or store credit. They happen to be overly generous about giving refunds without a receipt but it is in no way the "policy" to be handing you cash in exchange for merchandise which did not originate from a Wal-mart store. Why the fuck would it be? Seriously, do you listen to yourself when you talk? Saying "Wal-mart is a big evil corporation so I feel no remorse in scamming" is more convincing than the crap you are spewing. Any right-minded customer service employee would tell you to return the crap you bought to the store it came from. And don't give that "I worked for Wal-mart so I know blah blah blah". I worked for the Wal-mart corporation up until last week and I can assure you, it is not their policy to take back items which did not originate from their retail locations. It just so happens that they are lenient about returning items with no receipt that COULD have originated from their stores. So, when you go in and lie through your fucking teeth and say something along the lines of "I received this two Metroids from my aunt for my birthday, but I felt tacky asking for a receipt", they will return it thinking that someone purchased the item at a Wal-mart store. If you say "I got this for free through the mistake of an online retailer, but I'd like you to give me $50 back for it", they'll tell you to shove it up your ass, just possibly in nicer words.

does nobody listen to me.......If they sell the product in general....they will take it back. It is part of their policy and I could find it in the street in front of the store....take it in and say I found this on the street...can I exchange it and they will.......There is nothing wrong with doing this whether people like it or not and If you dont like it....go fuck yourself

bread's done
Back