EB precautions, when trying to use the B2G1 promo. Online/B&M

drone8888

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Well,.... I hope none of you have to go through this.

So,... I place an order this morning, at 4AM. It fails to go through, so I sit up till 8AM, to call EB's CS.

After 10 minutes on hold, and then waiting for the employee to pull his head out of his ass,.... he gets all confused.

You see,... he hasn't heard of this B2G1 sale. He hassles me, and tries to negate me with alternate coupons.
I asked for his manager,... and he tells me to hold on to go check on something.

The guy comes back pissed.

"WHERE did you hear about this promotion!!!!!!!!", he angrily demands! I tell him how my local manager confirmed it,... and how it is all over the web. he gets even more pissed, and puts me on hold.

Finally, he comes back, and places my order.
He charges me next day shipping.
I was like, WWWTF!!!???!!??!!??, and told him he had better change that.
The whole time he's slamming sheot around.

I have no idea why.

Anyhow,... I scan the site one last time after I'm done my phone order, and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..... BAM!!! Wizardry comes into stock!!!
So now I have to call back, and add more games to my order.

This stupid BEOTCH answers the phone. I go through the same sheot!!!! She's looking at my order, which I just placed not 1 minute before,.... yet she is telling me that there is a problem with my PREVIOUS ORDER??? WWWTTTFFF!!!!???!!!!

She puts me on hold.
When she comes back, she is pissed. She tries to add 3 more games to my existing order, but "APPARENTLY", the system won't allow me to get more than 1 offer.

She TELLS me, that the coupon code is only good for 1 use, and that I'd have to pay full price for this new order.
Well,.... back to the manager she goes.
Now she's even more pissed. She adds up the totals,.... and AGAIN,... she added NEXT DAY SHIPPING!!! Again,... WTF?!

I tell her to remove it,... and the cost is still $5 higher than I worked out.

She tells me that because of the added games,.. the weight adds another $2,... and an extra $1 for each game I added.

I was so FAQing tired,... I just said thanks, and hung up.

Well,............. it turns out she swapped games, so it minused out the lesser games,... to charge me full price.

Later in the day,... actually, 3 hours ago,.... I went to a big EB, an hour away.
I got in on some TIGHT deals.
Unfortunately,... I didn't check the receipts until I got home.

The girl had "PROBLEMS" using the B2G1 code for my 9 games.
She had to do 3 games per receipt.
Well,... it ended up all FAQed up,... cause she INTENTIONALLY mised up the games I handed her.

I TOLD her which to do in a specific order,... and she laughed at me, and thought my conviction was hilarious,... like I could have been cheated.
Well,... that was just a rouse, to shroud what she was really up to.

She mixed them ALL up,... and I ended up paying ANOTHER $10 more.

Well,... I'm home now,... and can't afford the gas to drive back down to the other store, so I called my local store.

WELL,............. guess who answers the phone.................as if you could.
NO,... it was EMINEM!!!
The gangsta wannabe new-hire,... who answers the phone with,.. "ha ha, yeeeah, thanks for calling EB dog".......!!!!

I tell him the situation, and he's like,...
"NAH KID, YA betta be callin tha uddah joint, to get ya sheot stitched up."
So now I have to drive for another hour, just to get my $10 back.

So,.............. PLEASE,............. MAKE SURE THEY SCAN THE GAMES IN THE PROPER ORDER WHEN CHECKING OUT!!!!

They are maliciously scanning them out of sequence,... and it DOES make a difference.

:)

HEY!!!..................... You're lucky I don't toss some EMO in a background sig, to make you cry some more.

Yeah,... I do over use it.

Sorry............ a little.
:) .............. :)

Oh,... here are my scores:

City Racer -GC
Zoids -GC
WTA Tennis -GC
Gauntlet Dark Legacy -GC
F1 2002 -GC
Conflict Desert Storm -GC
Metal Slug 3 -XBox
Demon Stone -XBox
Unreal Championship -XBox
SVC Chaos -XBox
House of the Dead 3 -XBox
Grandia II -PS2
Grandia XTreme -PS2
Wizardry -PS2
Gungrave Overdose -PS2

Not too bad.
They owe me $20 now though.
:(

[quote name='drone8888']HEY!!!..................... You're lucky I don't toss some EMO in a background sig, to make you cry some more.
[/quote]

So you mean a picture of yourself then? And good luck getting your $20 back. :rofl:

I'm not EMO.

My wife thinks she is,... but she just dresses like a moron.

I'm a slacker/bum.

I wear seatpants, pull aways, etc...

Just recently I bouth a pair of $200 Tims, and some Teva's. Some khakis and preppy type sheot.
Yeah,... some EMO would help me right now.

I hear Static Lullaby is pretty good.
Don't really listen to too much music anymore though.
:(

You do realize that store policy for all stores is that the cheapest items in B2G1 deals is the free one? That's so they don't get screwed by customers. Don't feel bad for not scheming them, you'll get them next time tiger.

I don't really see what the problem is here. B2G1 has always been to get the CHEAPEST item free. If you knew it was this way (which you did) then why did you think that by "scanning them in a certain order" that this would be any different? If you cared so much about getting such a great deal from EB you would have done 3 seperate transactions at the B&M EB, not to mention checked your receipt either as the games are ringing up, or as you leave the store.

[quote name='dhrez']You do realize that store policy for all stores is that the cheapest items in B2G1 deals is the free one? That's so they don't get screwed by customers. Don't feel bad for not scheming them, you'll get them next time tiger.[/quote]

I think he was trying to say he had set it up so that he would get the maximum benefit from the bogo. So he placed all the similarly priced games together to get the most $$ off. But from what he said, I guess the clerk rung in lower priced games with higher priced games. Its not really scheming. I do it all the time and eb cashiers have even gone out of their to make sure I get the maximum benefit.

Sometimes if you are speaking with a phone rep that is not being helpful for whatever reason, it's a good idea to just hang up and call right back. You'll probably get a different person, who is hopefully in a better mood.

Obviously I'd take into account how long I had to wait to talk to a person before doing this. If I was on hold for 30 minutes+ I'd just try to work it out.

BTW, the fine print of the buy2get1 code (for .com orders) does say it is one offer per customer.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Must you use ..... every 4 words it really gets annoying.[/quote]

hey.... cut him a break.

believe it or not.... other people use them too.... it helps get it all out into words.... can't explain it....

Yea the cashier at my eb mixed up my games too. I had 3 $18 games and 3 $10 games, and he split the transactions into 2 $18 games and a $10 one, and two $10 and an $18. I caught it right away, and he had no problems setting it up right. I don't think he did it on purpose at all though, so I wouldn't be too mad at them. It may seem obvious to us what we want to do, but they're just ringing things up, and I wouldn't expect them to do anything more than ring them up in the order they are stacked. (they get mixed up when they put the games in) So just pay attention when you are buying the games, and everyone should be fine.

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='dhrez']You do realize that store policy for all stores is that the cheapest items in B2G1 deals is the free one? That's so they don't get screwed by customers. Don't feel bad for not scheming them, you'll get them next time tiger.[/quote]

I think he was trying to say he had set it up so that he would get the maximum benefit from the bogo. So he placed all the similarly priced games together to get the most $$ off. But from what he said, I guess the clerk rung in lower priced games with higher priced games. Its not really scheming. I do it all the time and eb cashiers have even gone out of their to make sure I get the maximum benefit.[/quote]

i agree. everytime a store has had a bogo, they always scan like items together so that i get the maximum discount w/o me having to ask. ymmv i guess. :lol:

Wow, i never have trouble with my EB. In fact i love my EB. its double the size of most EBs are (its in in a shopping center instead of a mall) and its never got more than 6 people in there at a time.

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='dhrez']You do realize that store policy for all stores is that the cheapest items in B2G1 deals is the free one? That's so they don't get screwed by customers. Don't feel bad for not scheming them, you'll get them next time tiger.[/quote]

I think he was trying to say he had set it up so that he would get the maximum benefit from the bogo. So he placed all the similarly priced games together to get the most $$ off. But from what he said, I guess the clerk rung in lower priced games with higher priced games. Its not really scheming. I do it all the time and eb cashiers have even gone out of their to make sure I get the maximum benefit.[/quote]

Yes but that's in store, online and on the phone they normally give you the 2 cheapest free. And thanks for explaining the OP's post, I wasn't about to go and try to comprehend it.

One offer per customer, and the cheapest is the free one. That's the way it is with pretty much every BxG1 deal. Hell, go check your Domino's Pizza coupons for an example.
Sometimes you'll get someone who's willing to 'bend' a bit, sometimes you won't. When I traded in 12 games a while back, I asked him to ring it up as 4 sets of 3 instead of 3 sets of 4 [or 2 5's and a nothing] to maximize my credit; it took him some doing, but he did it. But he didn't have to...although what I asked him to do is more inline with the stated policy than getting something other than the cheapest free.
Now, it does sound like you ran into some entirely nonhelpful customer 'service' folks, and that I certainly do not condone.

What are the chances though of a person having trouble with an EB B&M store and two phone reps. within basically the same day?

I mean, it is possible, but unlikely. I have had some questionable customer service people on the phone who seemed like they had a bad commute to work but if you are sugary-sweet nice to them, sometimes you can avoid a problem.

[quote name='SadieDee']What are the chances though of a person having trouble with an EB B&M store and two phone reps. within basically the same day?

I mean, it is possible, but unlikely. I have had some questionable customer service people on the phone who seemed like they had a bad commute to work but if you are sugary-sweet nice to them, sometimes you can avoid a problem.[/quote]

Obviously this is only one sound of the story. I mean just look at the language and punctuation the OP used and you can see that maybe his side of the phone call wasn't exactly as you described it.
I also find it hard to believe that someone answered the phone at EB B&M and said dog, and stuffed stitched back, and all of that garbage. Sounds like someone had an interesting experience and wanted to spice it up a little more for our amusement.

i usually bring family members with me
that way i can choose which ones I want "free".. but it really doesn't matter because you'll pay about the same no matter what.. sometimes the workers give me a break because they see me in there all the time and they'll take off one that shouldn't have been taken off.. but thats gamestop.. i'm not really that familar with EB because the B&M Eb is not as good as the GS near me..

[quote name='mtxbass1']I don't really see what the problem is here. B2G1 has always been to get the CHEAPEST item free. If you knew it was this way (which you did) then why did you think that by "scanning them in a certain order" that this would be any different? If you cared so much about getting such a great deal from EB you would have done 3 seperate transactions at the B&M EB, not to mention checked your receipt either as the games are ringing up, or as you leave the store.[/quote]

Yes, it always has to be the cheapest game- no one's ever offered otherwise. Bad for business.

However, as to trying the three separate transactions, that's a hit or miss deal- Otherwise you have to step out of line each time and get re-rung. A lot of stores frown on separate sales one after another- its a gray area as to whether or not this is or isn't taking advantage of a situation-
A good store will organize the games/movies, look for the three cheapest games in the pile, and ring everything else up first, then freebie the remainder. :wink:

bread's done
Back