EB preowned games that dont work

Pookymeister

Staff member
Feedback
736 (100%)
Has anyone bought EB games preowned titles, and then found that they didn't work? Ive had problems with 2 in the past 2 days. I never tested them, because i got a batch of PO'd games and set them aside for later. Looks like that was a mistake. First one was Die Hard Trilogy for ps1, no biggie since its like 1.49. The other was tonight, Dynasty WArriors 4.....this sucks =[

I think i need to try out all my PO'd games that i haven't tested, reorder the bad ones, and then take back the bad copies since my 30 day return has been up for a good while.

[quote name='Epic Wolf']sounz like a plan now start crackin...[/QUOTE]
I was gonna use that same line - you beat me to it. And pooky you really should know better by now.

Christ A disc must be really jacked up to not work, I thought he was going to talk about old cartridges...I'm extremely anal about the quality of my games, and take pride thats everything is 100% complete & mint, as of recent I've been ordering quite a few of those coaster's to get the discounts but My dog finds that they make great chew toy's, regardless its win/win

well, there are no scratches at all on DW4, thats why im surprised. It looked like it was new. DH:trilogy had some light ones, but neither disc had anything to give me reason to believe the game wouldnt load at all.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']well, there are no scratches at all on DW4, thats why im surprised. It looked like it was new. DH:trilogy had some light ones, but neither disc had anything to give me reason to believe the game wouldnt load at all.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like your lens on your PS2 just may need some cleaning.

Sounds like the software isnt the problem, its you...I KId I KiD seriously you might have to check your system out & see what else doesnt work...

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']it must be a convenient scratch on a boot sector or something...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i've had that happened a few times. I always get that 2 dollar insurance thing from eb just for that very reason (good idea if you buy a crap load of games that you don't get to in months). I don't want to be playing Final Fantasy 39 and all of sudden not be able to see the last FMV because of one hair line scratch. Just take it back and exchange it, depending on the store clerks there usually pretty cool on exchanging as long as you have the reciept.

I bought a copy of big mutha truckers for the gamecube a while back and it did not work. So instead of going to the nearest eb (15 miles away) I drove down the street (1 mile) to the post office and sent it back to get a new one. About 2 weeks later I got another copy that worked fine. I was not in a rush to play it so the wait did not hurt me.

[quote name='Graystone']I bought a copy of big mutha truckers for the gamecube a while back and it did not work. So instead of going to the nearest eb (15 miles away) I drove down the street (1 mile) to the post office and sent it back to get a new one. About 2 weeks later I got another copy that worked fine. I was not in a rush to play it so the wait did not hurt me.[/QUOTE]
was that game even worth the plastic ?

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']yea i would return it if i didnt buy it like 4 months ago. =][/QUOTE]

Do you have a reciept? Oh, and there's some loop holes..just think hard enough.

[quote name='sisco1986']Do you have a reciept? Oh, and there's some loop holes..just think hard enough.[/QUOTE]

The loopholes being the idea i had in the OP? :roll:

Honestly, the best thing to do now is reorder them from the site. Then when you get them, just call and say they were defective. Then they should send a return envelope to you for it, which on the back of your order form for that order, just mark that you want a refund. This is of course, if those copies you order work fine.

DW4 didn't work on my PS2 either (bought the game brand new) even though it worked perfectly on other peoples' PS2s. That game is just very fickle as to which systems it will play on.

As long as you are using the newer version of the slimline without the suckiness there is no reason it shouldn't work.

I had issues with two games I bought from EB online. Space Station Silicon Valley would consistantly freeze at the same point during the opening sequence, and Gundam Wing Battle Assault 2 freezes whenever I choose deathscythe on both my ps1 and ps2. Really strange errors, since I can repeat them very well.

is it just me or is eb getting cheap in the way the send. The gameboy games used to come in little pre play cardboard boxes now they just come in a plastic bag

I've had plenty of issues with used games from ebgames. Their customer service is great though (just don't return it to a store). I find the store employees to be total f*ckhats. Just call up their ebgames.com customer support, and they'll ship you some return envelopes with prepaid postage.

Elemental Gearbolt and Dragon Warrior VII were both DOA when I ordered them :(. The discs looked like they were dragged along some pavement. "Guaranteed to work" is utter BS.

I went to the store today to return my DW4 , Die hard trilogy, and a dvd that i thought was really Short Circuit 2, but really a movie called Circuit 2.

They said they dont accept .com returns and haven't for 2 years..... even though ive returned to stores recently. Got him to give me a gift card eventually. Instead of putting the 25% off amount that i paid with CAG15 and Edge card, he put on the full price, so i guess that makes up for the hassle of not giving me my cash back.

This is what you do if you have a pre-owned game that doesn't work!
1: Go to EB.
2: Go buy another copy of the pre-owned game that doesn't work!
3: Return the older pre-owned game, and show them the recept from the second purchase!

DISCLAIMER: If you actually do try it out, I'm not sure if it's legal or not, and thus, I accept no responsibility for when the cops bust down your door.
PS. Be sure to switch the case!

This is what you do if you have a pre-owned game that doesn't work!

1: Go to EB.

2: Go buy another copy of the pre-owned game that doesn't work!

3: Return the older pre-owned game, and show them the recept from the second purchase!

DISCLAIMER: If you actually do try it out, I'm not sure if it's legal or not, and thus, I accept no responsibility for when the cops bust down your door.

PS. Be sure to switch the case!

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']I went to the store today to return my DW4 , Die hard trilogy, and a dvd that i thought was really Short Circuit 2, but really a movie called Circuit 2.

They said they dont accept .com returns and haven't for 2 years..... even though ive returned to stores recently. Got him to give me a gift card eventually. Instead of putting the 25% off amount that i paid with CAG15 and Edge card, he put on the full price, so i guess that makes up for the hassle of not giving me my cash back.[/QUOTE]

that is stupid. Even if you pay with a CC they put the return amount on a gift card. I mean come on just refund the money to the CC

I got a PO'd red zone for genesis that doesn't work. It makes me mad because its in mint condition on the outside.

The first thing I did when this new EBgames opened was make friends with all the clerks. The fact that they gave me too much change one time and I did the right thing and gave it back helped. Now I can walk in there and exchange most anything no questions asked :)

Just ran into my first non-working cart game. Bad thing about defective GBC games is that the stores don't usually carry them anymore. So it's either hope they have more copies in online, or get your money back.

[quote name='slidecage']is it just me or is eb getting cheap in the way the send. The gameboy games used to come in little pre play cardboard boxes now they just come in a plastic bag[/quote]

That's probably why most of the cart games that are defective are defective in the first place. USPS doesn't really care about packages, so they take a beating on the way to it's delivery point. But I have found that if you order more than 3 cart games in a order, they usually ship the order out UPS instead. So there is a way to get it quicker and a lot safer.

I got a pre owned copy of Project Justice for my DC from EB.com.

Game was mint and complete,except the damn thing wont play......

I have received the following Gameboy games from EB that didn't work:

Hoyle Card Games
Castlevania Legends

I have seen thousands of games in the last 4 years, and these are two out of an incredibly small number that didn't work. I doubt EB tests games that are traded in...

[quote name='sisco1986']Yeah, i've had that happened a few times. I always get that 2 dollar insurance thing from eb just for that very reason (good idea if you buy a crap load of games that you don't get to in months). I don't want to be playing Final Fantasy 39 and all of sudden not be able to see the last FMV because of one hair line scratch. Just take it back and exchange it, depending on the store clerks there usually pretty cool on exchanging as long as you have the reciept.[/QUOTE]

I never purchased the insurance plan on my preowned games thinking it is a waste of money...isn't it?

[quote name='bboynujen']I never purchased the insurance plan on my preowned games thinking it is a waste of money...isn't it?[/QUOTE]

With RPGs, it's usually worth it. Cause the regular 14 day warranty is usually not enough time to go completely through the game, so you don't know if there is something wrong.

[quote name='bboynujen']I never purchased the insurance plan on my preowned games thinking it is a waste of money...isn't it?[/QUOTE]

Depends on how you use it. If you have extreme OCD and know the value of your games (keep them mint!) then you don't. But if your games tend to get scratched here and there, why not. It's only $1-3 for a year.

I've been buying pre-played games from EB for about 3 years now. Every game I got work fine. I only got the gpg on games that I know that have issues.

bread's done
Back