EB Trade-in promotion. DSL-$100, DS-$60, GBA SP-$40

wow, so if i trade my ds lite. i can get a new one for $10 ??

and jsut out of curiousity, where did ou hear about this?

[quote name='Yonex204']wow, so if i trade my ds lite. i can get a new one for $10 ??

and jsut out of curiousity, where did ou hear about this?[/quote]

POSTERS up in Rideau Centre (Ottawa)

Oh my.

My GBASP works fine, but the serial number is partially scratched off. Do you know if they'd take it?
I want a DS Lite for 10 bucks :D

[quote name='Azumangaman']Oh my.

My GBASP works fine, but the serial number is partially scratched off. Do you know if they'd take it?
I want a DS Lite for 10 bucks :D[/quote]

how???
TIV is 40 for gba sps

[quote name='Azumangaman']Oh my.

I want a DS Lite for 10 bucks :D[/quote]

I also need to know this too. my serial is scatched off too =(

[quote name='Azumangaman']Oh, I'd trade my DS in as well. You can combine them correct?
And do you know if they'd take the GBASP?[/quote]

YMMV
if a clerk refuses, go back on a diff day or store.

Yea, you can do the combo of gba sp and ds

[quote name='gamer602']YMMV
if a clerk refuses, go back on a diff day or store.

Yea, you can do the combo of gba sp and ds[/quote]
Cool. The guys at the Ancaster EB actually eat ass, so I'll probably just try Upper James.

I wonder what happens if I trade in my old DS Lite and a $8 TIV game :p
I have a white on with a cracked hinge and it's a bit dirty, I would like a Black one.

[quote name='Firestorm']Pretty amazing.
DS Lite is $110
- $60 for DS
- $30 for a new game
$20 for a DS Lite =O[/quote]

This is exactly my plan tomorrow. A few RFD guys have said EBgames in Toronto and Ottawa have given them crazy looks when they brought up this promotion. Has anyone traded with this deal yet? I'm trying at Yorkdale Mall (York/Toronto) tomorrow. And well, if they look at me crazy, I'll be going all around the city. ;)

god damnit! i tried to trade in my dslite but because i took the serial off cause it was peeling off -_-;;.

well i can confirm that if you trade in a ds lite fpor a ds lite its $100.
I was so close to. the guy was about to trade it in...then the manager came and was like LOLNOSERIAL GTFO...

damnit..

Oh shit really? My old DS has no serial anymore. The little clear thing on the back was peeling off so I took it off, then the serial number rubbed off eventually.

Anyway, just go to a different EB Games. You won't believe how much policy varies from one store to another.

And here I was about to ask what was the trade-in value of a DSL. Now to see what happens if one was to try to stack this with an 8+ TIV game.

My Pink DSL is dying quite a slow death and mere $10 to trade for a new one would be REAL nice.

[quote name='Firestorm']Oh shit really? My old DS has no serial anymore. The little clear thing on the back was peeling off so I took it off, then the serial number rubbed off eventually.

Anyway, just go to a different EB Games. You won't believe how much policy varies from one store to another.[/quote]

You think so? hmm..maybe theirs hope after all =) well let me know if you were able to trade yours in.

[quote name='Yonex204']
I was so close to. the guy was about to trade it in...then the manager came and was like LOLNOSERIAL GTFO...

damnit..[/quote]

Jerk. I don't really see how it matters to them though. Most people (not including hardcore gamers) couldn't care less about serial codes on hardware.
Whatever, I'll try in Ancaster, if it doesn't work, theres a bunch in Hamilton.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Jerk. I don't really see how it matters to them though. Most people (not including hardcore gamers) couldn't care less about serial codes on hardware.
Whatever, I'll try in Ancaster, if it doesn't work, theres a bunch in Hamilton.[/quote]

well, they told me that its for security purposes. She said they would have no idea if you actually bought it -_-;;.

total bs.

[quote name='Yonex204']well, they told me that its for security purposes. She said they would have no idea if you actually bought it -_-;;.

total bs.[/quote]
I get where they're coming from, but I'd be willing to bet you 1 million dollars they wouldn't take the time to look into if you bought it or not (which I think can be done, but I'm not sure).

Har. As if EBgames of all people can get access to Nintendo's database of registered consoles.

Guys like us can get access to more registered consoles in their database than EB can; ie our mynintendo account.

[quote name='Azumangaman']I get where they're coming from, but I'd be willing to bet you 1 million dollars they wouldn't take the time to look into if you bought it or not (which I think can be done, but I'm not sure).[/quote]

Yeh..they probably dont. well, i think il try another EB. let me know if they take your ds when you go.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Jerk. I don't really see how it matters to them though. Most people (not including hardcore gamers) couldn't care less about serial codes on hardware.
Whatever, I'll try in Ancaster, if it doesn't work, theres a bunch in Hamilton.[/quote]

I'd appreciate it if you let us know how the EB games in Ancaster responds to the promo. They are my local eb.

Has anyone tried at Yorkdale yet? They usually are the worse at knowing store promotions from my experience.

[quote name='ragnar14']How much does EB charge for a used DSL? I'm just wondering if it's worth buying one to trade it straight back to them ;)[/quote]

It should be less than $110 new: but at $90 it still costs you $100 total.

What would happen if I traded in a DSL and SP in? Would they give me a DSL for free + $30 (minus taxes) in store credit? Or would they just give me the ds for free? I have a couple 8 dollar games to trade in as well, if they give me the extra credit.

is it possible to combine this deal with the any game (tiv$8+) being traded towards a ds lite gets $30 tiv deal?...if thats the case then i might just upgrade my polar white to a newer polar white

EDIT: it seems i cant read properly and this is apparently possible...my bad

[quote name='X-Factor']Has anyone tried at Yorkdale yet? They usually are the worse at knowing store promotions from my experience.[/quote]
Probably trying in about two hours. Although their store manager acts like she's the greatest thing since sliced bread, she actually tends to know current promotions. (unlike say.. her underlings.. or the good folks at Yonge and Eglinton). But if they laugh me out of the building, I'll try Yonge and Eg, then Eatons. And then Dufferin Mall.

Never give up! :bouncy:

my bottom screen had some scratches on it, so I called Nintendo of Canada's service center and asked how much the replacement screen would be. they told me $80+ (plus shipping).

heh, now i'm glad i didn't do that.

[quote name='EvilMario']Probably trying in about two hours. Although their store manager acts like she's the greatest thing since sliced bread, she actually tends to know current promotions. (unlike say.. her underlings.. or the good folks at Yonge and Eglinton). But if they laugh me out of the building, I'll try Yonge and Eg, then Eatons. And then Dufferin Mall.

Never give up! :bouncy:[/quote]

Is the store manager the one with the tatoos?

Success. I now have a DS Lite (white). DSPhat traded in for $60 as said, but $8TIV value was only bumped up to $25 (not $30). Good deal none the less. I did this at Yonge and Eglinton location, which is the first place I checked. Clerk had to look up the promo in the corporate fax binder, but tada, it was there.

And the DS Lite dropping to $110 is this week only at EBgames.

And yes, that's the manager at Yorkdale.
---
EM

Success also.
I traded in my old white DS Lite with cracked hinge and a little dirty. I only paid $11.39 for a new Black DS.
Thank you for the deal, gamer602.

Yeah, sounds like a great deal.

I'm just a little leery with the reports of the yellow/poorer screens with the new versions. Got an original that's in great shape so I figure I'll hold off and avoid the risk for the sake of a color change.

:D

[quote name='arfin']I'd appreciate it if you let us know how the EB games in Ancaster responds to the promo. They are my local eb.[/quote]
Same here. I love teh Medowlands. In fact, if your in High School, you probably go to my school :D

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Success also.
I traded in my old white DS Lite with cracked hinge and a little dirty. I only paid $11.39 for a new Black DS.
Thank you for the deal, gamer602.[/quote]

Exact scenerio right here except that I had Star Fox Command I wanted to trade but it's TIV will only go up to how much the DSL was worth. I wasn't gonna risk buying something else just to use it up so I just took it back.

But hey, I'm not gonna complain about a DSL exchange that only cost me 11 bucks w change and my old scratched up pink DSL with a bad dpad and a dying touchscreen and everything else. :p

[quote name='chemgear']Yeah, sounds like a great deal.

I'm just a little leery with the reports of the yellow/poorer screens with the new versions. Got an original that's in great shape so I figure I'll hold off and avoid the risk for the sake of a color change.

:D[/quote]

i have one of the newer ones with a "yellow screen"... its BS i mean i can tell the difference when i compare it to my wifes older DS lite, but it also is such a little difference that you have to sit there and look at both systems on the same screen. and the reason its a different shade is because they use new screens of better quality that dont get all screwed up.

i have the crimson DS lite my wife has an older onyx one.

also im in stoney creek i go to the eastgate EB when i need to go to eb, ive never had a problem giving them a system. not sure if any had scratched serials though. didnt pay attention. didnt care.

Can you elaborate on the yellow screen defect?

I have a white DS Lite and may trade it in for a new Onyx one since I like that colour better after comparing it to the black one one my sister has.

The white version is still a good colour good but the shoulder buttons turn yellow or look dirtier over time.

I thought the newer DS Lite models had brighter screens and louder speakers like the DS Lite Crimson version?

thanks for the info in advance

I have a white one but I wouldn't mind getting a black one... the only thing holding me back is the fact that my warranty (via EB) still has 6 months left on it so :/

My last DSL was dying, with a bad dpad and questionable screens to begin with. So even if it's 'lower quality' with a yellowish tinge, it's still better than the pink one I traded in. Quite frankly while I noticed that this new one is dimmer on the lowest light setting compared to the old one, I'll just have to default the screen lighting to setting 2. Oh teh noez. :p

The whole DSL screen thing is completely overblown.

Although I do miss having a pink dsl. :(

I visisted the EB at yonge+steeles today and was told that the trade in value for a ds lite is only $60... I got the clerk to make sure and he confirmed $60. Has the trade in value dropped? or did he confuse it with the normal DS trade in value?

[quote name='mygu']I visisted the EB at yonge+steeles today and was told that the trade in value for a ds lite is only $60... I got the clerk to make sure and he confirmed $60. Has the trade in value dropped? or did he confuse it with the normal DS trade in value?[/quote]

You have to tell him that you will buy another DSL to get this special TIV ($100).

[quote name='gamer602']You have to tell him that you will buy another DSL to get this special TIV ($100).[/quote]
Ahh... that explains it... going to give it a try again, hope it works... thanks gamer602.

Hmmm, my DSL is about six months old, and to be honest, I'd change the color, but I'd have to see what other colors there are first.

YMMV on getting them to stack the bumped up trade-in values on the systems. I brought my original DS and SP to EB today, but they'd only give me the increased value on one of them. So basically I got $40 for my SP and $40 for my DS, which isn't bad though I guess -- hard to complain at getting a new DS Lite for $35. Shame MPP only goes for $5 though :0(... three dollars more I could've got the system for free [that's the only game I'd even remotely consider trading from my collection].

edit -- For those who have the older Lites and are wondering about the new screens, there's definitely a yellowish tinge to the touchscreen on the new ones. You can notice it fairly easily just by comparing it to the top screen, but for the improved durability it's hardly a game breaking. If you're happy with your current one I don't see much reason to upgrade, but if you do need a new one [or really want a new colour] I don't think the slight screen colour change should be enough to stop you either.

Went nicely.
EB Ancaster-100% SUCESS
Went tonight, just came back.
The guy just turned them on, didn't even look at the serial numbers.
There were two guys that I don't usually see there, they were ok. They called the boss to ask about the promotion if it was still on (because of the price drop) but the boss said it was still on.
Got a Black one because they were out of Crimson. Hopefully it doesn't smudge, but either way, I have some microfiber cloths, and am going to get cases and stuff.
Total: $11.39

EDIT: Appears the outside of the DS will show smudge marks, but where it matters, it wont. Noice.

bread's done
Back