EB Trade-in promotion. DSL-$100, DS-$60, GBA SP-$40

Traded my DS in for a Crimson DSL yesterday at Kanata EB.
The manager would not give me the bumped-up TIV for a game.
He said the offers can not be combined, i.e. you can get the bumped-up TIV for a system or a game but not both. :cry:

And yeah, my new DSL does have the yellowish touchscreen.
Easily noticeable when compared to the top screen.

Just did mine and my son's, both launch Lites. EB didn't care about cracked hinges, but they do require a charger. I had to buy a 9.99 charger to trade mine in (they let me use a 3rd party charger).

This deal ends on the 19th they said. You should jump on it.

~S

Two questions:

1. when you trade it in, do you need to bring it in the box, with everything that came with it (i.e. instruction manual, that little nintendo magazine promotion pamphlet, etc.) or do you just need to bring the charger????

2. Do they even bother to turn it on??? I've been having a problem with my top screen (I have to push and hold the L button down to see the top screen, or else it will fade and not work properly..), and I'd rather not have to spend $50+ on repair to Scarborough through Nintendo.

I just gave them the unit and a charger. The guy turned it on quickly to check if it boots. Don't remember if he bothered to look at the serial or if there was a stylus (both were present).

I still have my pink DSL box even. :p

On the same topic, I haven't booted up my new DS since I got it. "/

[quote name='bullets898']2. Do they even bother to turn it on??? I've been having a problem with my top screen (I have to push and hold the L button down to see the top screen, or else it will fade and not work properly..), and I'd rather not have to spend $50+ on repair to Scarborough through Nintendo.[/quote]

2 They usually boot it up, but you could get lucky. I'd suggest just taping down the button if that's all it needs :lol:

Awesome, it worked, and now I have a brand new black one for $45.58:cool:. Only problem is that I like having a white one#-o (so I can acutally keep it clean, and see any cracks it might develop; neat freak here!) and I have 2 Eb stores in my area... any ideas on how I could get a white one?

[quote name='bullets898']Awesome, it worked, and now I have a brand new black one for $45.58:cool:. Only problem is that I like having a white one#-o (so I can acutally keep it clean, and see any cracks it might develop; neat freak here!) and I have 2 Eb stores in my area... any ideas on how I could get a white one?[/quote]

Don't open it, go to a different EB and exchange it.

bread's done
Back