EB was good to me today, for once...

sonarrat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
1 x DDR Mario Mix, $40.49. The usual yellow stickers came off easily, since they had only been there for about 15 minutes since the guy traded it in! Has gone straight to Ebay for $120 BIN.

2 x Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon, one of them factory sealed, $19.99 each. The open one is on Amazon right now for $32.99, I'm keeping the sealed one.

1 x Game Boy Micro 20th Anniversary Edition, $99.99. Coupon was intact. Got it a day earlier than I expected. I'm keeping it.

Bravo for getting DDR Mario for cheap and tripling the price :applause:......:roll:. I'm sure no one who actually wanted to play it would have picked it up at that price.

[quote name='sonarrat']:roll: Are you sure you're a CAG?[/QUOTE]

:lol: Your asking me that ? You would be more at home at FW with the other horders I'm sure. CAG is about helping fellow gamers, not about how much money you can score.

Wow, good luck selling Mario for $120. Most are dnding at barley $100 and numerous ones listed for less then $120 BIN Brand new.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']:lol: Your asking me that ? You would be more at home at FW with the other horders I'm sure. CAG is about helping fellow gamers, not about how much money you can score.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a hoarder - I'm a gamer. DDR Mario is an item I'm not interested in except as profit so I can continue to buy games like Dragon Quest VIII on $7 an hour without going even more broke than I already am. And my auction has a Best Offer option, so if a CAG can't find it, wants it and is willing to part with $60 or so, I would do that...

Well this is the bragging rights board, so he should be allowed to brag.

Wow, what's the story behind DDR Mario Mix - was it limited run? considering how few Gamecube owners there are I'm surprised that there's enough demand to drive the price up to $90+

Word is that the next print run is going to be in February. If you want to give it as a Christmas gift, well, bonne chance.

Damn it, EB got back at me. I picked up a Tactics Ogre for GBA thinking I got a good deal, then when I got home I realized it didn't look quite right. Looked on the chip - no white letters. Looked on the sticker - no printed number.

Filthy pirates. I'll have to educate me some EB employees.

[quote name='sonarrat']Damn it, EB got back at me. I picked up a Tactics Ogre for GBA thinking I got a good deal, then when I got home I realized it didn't look quite right. Looked on the chip - no white letters. Looked on the sticker - no printed number.

Filthy pirates. I'll have to educate me some EB employees.[/QUOTE]

Excercise your right to return it. They have a great return policy.

Indeed, they do. Too bad they don't have much quality control. It's a long drive, too. Ah well. Mainly my fault for dropping $22.49 without looking it over first.

[quote name='sonarrat']Damn it, EB got back at me. I picked up a Tactics Ogre for GBA thinking I got a good deal, then when I got home I realized it didn't look quite right. Looked on the chip - no white letters. Looked on the sticker - no printed number.

Filthy pirates. I'll have to educate me some EB employees.[/QUOTE]

Karma's a bitch. :D

Nice reminder... I'll probably be picking up Tactics Ogre Sunday, along with some other GBA games, so I'll have to check them. What exactly am I looking for on non-bootlegs?

[quote name='botticus']Nice reminder... I'll probably be picking up Tactics Ogre Sunday, along with some other GBA games, so I'll have to check them. What exactly am I looking for on non-bootlegs?[/QUOTE]

Look for these signs (all incorrect on the pirated cart I'm looking at, and correct in the legit Gradius Galaxies and Harmony of Dissonance I have)

- Smoothed-out lettering on the plastic, not hard and raised
- A little number printed into the label on the right side
- "Nintendo" printed on the chip underneath
- "Nintendo Model No. AGB-002, Pat. Pend. Made in Japan" on the back

I took it back, and when I said it was a bootleg, the girl who was running the counter said, "Really?!" and took one glance at it, then said, "Oh, it is!" They gave me a cash refund. Had to fill out my ID stuff for the return, but it was quick and they were apologetic about it.

Then I went across the street and the Stevens Creek Gamestop had two legit Tactics Ogre carts. I picked one up. (They also had Ogre Battle 64 and Harvest Moon 64, if anyone's interested.)

[quote name='AdvOfJet']:lol: Your asking me that ? You would be more at home at FW with the other horders I'm sure. CAG is about helping fellow gamers, not about how much money you can score.[/QUOTE]

What is FW?

[quote name='Vinny']I thought EB/GS checked for bootleg games?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the location, really. They're also not really supposed to accept imported games as trade-ins yet I know a few locations that have done so in the past. I would have jumped on those titles but...wow, some people spent a lot of money importing games for $50+ only to get around $2.50 in return (and for mediocre titles, no less). Ouch.

And, after checking my local EBs as of late, it seems that they do their checking but there are always some titles that slip by. Maybe it depends who ends up at the register and all? I know plenty of managers who can spot an import or a knockoff before the customer has a chance to slap it on the counter, while some employees are accepting "Rockman 4" and Harmony of Dissonances on GBA carts without any lettering whatsoever and with a printed-out label of the logo and nothing more.

YMMV, I guess!

[quote name='sonarrat']
2 x Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon, one of them factory sealed, $19.99 each. The open one is on Amazon right now for $32.99, I'm keeping the sealed one.
[/QUOTE]

I think they decreased the price recently to sell off the last of them, I bought one from EB on black friday for $20.

Just got a Suikoden 1 disc off of Ebay for $22.30 shipped after coupon. Even if it's in bad shape (the listing was rather pessimistic) that's still pretty damn cool. :) I can always get a disc-buffing done if it craps out on me.

bread's done
Back