Eb worker told me they can no longer VOID sales?

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
Okay i went there today with my cousins kids.. they picked up a few games (cant think off top of my head what the last one was)

Ncaa march madness 2007
Ncaa football 2008
and ?????

Well they run up all of the games and hit total. I handed them my credit card and my cousins kids start screaming they want to look meijers to see if they had any games on sale

The worker told me there is nothing they could do they charge was already there. I could return the Games But only get STORE CREDIT

I call this total Bs and they manager was just a lazy SOB who was too lazy to void out the purchase.

anyone know if they are no longer can void out purchases? The manager even said if i didnt take the games i would still be charged for them since the charge already went though. (this is before i signed my name) What is stupid in a way is i should of never signed and just disputed the charge.

O well i probally can dump them on ebay for what i paid for them or just hold them and take them back for store credit after i write a letter to HQ about this

[quote name='slidecage']What is stupid in a way is i should of never signed and just disputed the charge.[/quote]
Agreed.

Which Gamestop in Fort Wayne did this happen at?

I ask because I went to the Glenbrook location a few weeks ago, traded in some video games and bought DW6 used (with the 25% coupon). All right, GS didn't give me the 10% trade-in bonus, and when I told them, the older employee said to void it and start all over again. No issues.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']I can assume you took the games, then?

Just go to another EB; they can give you a refund.[/QUOTE]

went back to another eb and they said same thing... Store credit only

(games are used--- so i can see why the other store is saying Store credit only but the first store it was total BS)

it was the lima road one.

[quote name='slidecage']went back to another eb and they said same thing... Store credit only

(games are used--- so i can see why the other store is saying Store credit only but the first store it was total BS)

it was the lima road one.[/QUOTE]Which locations are they slidecage and I'll try asking them myself?

It's BS, they're supposed to refund the same way it was paid(cash for cash, credit for CC). Although I can see if they were saying that since the card was charged, they should also be able to void the sale.

Should've asked for the DM number right there to bitch about the store. Or if you still have the receipt, give the store shitty feedback for the experience you had with that web site they have(site is mentioned on bottom of receipt). Mention that the store basically strong-armed you into the sale, even though you didn't want them. That usually gets the DM to notice that the store is doing stuff they shouldn't be.

I've had sooo many run-ins with gamestop employees this past week about their bullshit. The worst was when I wanted to return a "new" gamestop game that was opened and they wouldn't accept it back. When I bought it it was opened and I said "this isn't new" and they said "don't worry you can return it just like a new game". So I re-bought the same game in the b2g1 free and wanted to return the "new" one and they said they wouldn't accept the return cause it was open. LIES!!!! The manager would not give me his last name. How do I get the gamestop employee's name and ID number?

Why do employees always give slidecage false information? First, he hears Target is going to start charging admission, and now Gamestop/EB won't void transactions?

[quote name='prmononoke']Why do employees always give slidecage false information? First, he hears Target is going to start charging admission, and now Gamestop/EB won't void transactions?[/QUOTE]The Target he's probably referring to never told me that.
[quote name='naes']We need to get TMK and Slidecage to meet up.[/QUOTE]

We will and pictures will be taken, and then posted in the CAG Family Album thread. ;)

[quote name='naes']We need to get TMK and Slidecage to meet up.[/QUOTE]

We'd get two posts stating, "[TMK/Slidecage] wouldn't even talk to me. I asked him why and he said there's nothing he could do about it. "

:)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']We will and pictures will be taken, and then posted in the CAG Family Album thread. ;)[/quote]

NO! Don't do it! He might be contagious. You don't want your posts to start reading like that, do you?

[quote name='sparklecopy']I've had sooo many run-ins with gamestop employees this past week about their bullshit. The worst was when I wanted to return a "new" gamestop game that was opened and they wouldn't accept it back. When I bought it it was opened and I said "this isn't new" and they said "don't worry you can return it just like a new game". So I re-bought the same game in the b2g1 free and wanted to return the "new" one and they said they wouldn't accept the return cause it was open. LIES!!!! The manager would not give me his last name. How do I get the gamestop employee's name and ID number?[/quote]

Did you make sure that they put a sticker on the seal? If you buy a gutted game as new they are supposed to put a sticker over the side of the case so they can tell it hasn't been used. You always need to check and make sure they do that.

You would think as long as the OP has been on this site he'd know how to post in the right f'n forum.

[quote name='CheapyD']CAG Lifestyle & Off Topic Talk about anything you like, as long as it's not video game related.[/quote]

[quote name='Will']You would think as long as the OP has been on this site he'd know how to post in the right f'n forum.[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt call this video game related. Its a purchase. just cause i was buying video games doesnt mean it has to be video game related

its more of a store issue

too bad there wasnt a magizine rack to kick over LOL

[quote name='slidecage']i wouldnt call this video game related. Its a purchase. just cause i was buying video games doesnt mean it has to be video game related

its more of a store issue

too bad there wasnt a magizine rack to kick over LOL[/QUOTE]

You can still throw glitter though!

actually, ive noticed a lot more hesitation and crying from employees doing straight returns. this random mom came in with a used game and the guy spent 6 minutes convincing her to get another game instead of the cash back. at a diff gs this guy was trying to pm the cc 10$ gift card on gta and the employee went on and on about why 10$ doesnt matter for a game as great as gta. maybe it was just my luck to see all of this, but maybe a big contest is going on and the stores are all trying to fluff their numbers

Why the fuck do you always have the craziest stories, slidecage? It never ceases to amaze me how many bad customer service stories you have. It kind of makes me wonder if you make them up.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Why the fuck do you always have the craziest stories, slidecage? It never ceases to amaze me how many bad customer service stories you have. It kind of makes me wonder if you make them up.[/QUOTE]

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

[quote name='neocisco']Heh. Y'all still shop at Gamestop.[/quote]

No shit! I haven't stepped in a Gamestop for a long time.

[quote name='slidecage']Okay i went there today with my cousins kids.. they picked up a few games (cant think off top of my head what the last one was)

Ncaa march madness 2007
Ncaa football 2008
and ?????

Well they run up all of the games and hit total. I handed them my credit card and my cousins kids start screaming they want to look meijers to see if they had any games on sale

The worker told me there is nothing they could do they charge was already there. I could return the Games But only get STORE CREDIT

I call this total Bs and they manager was just a lazy SOB who was too lazy to void out the purchase.

anyone know if they are no longer can void out purchases? The manager even said if i didnt take the games i would still be charged for them since the charge already went though. (this is before i signed my name) What is stupid in a way is i should of never signed and just disputed the charge.

O well i probally can dump them on ebay for what i paid for them or just hold them and take them back for store credit after i write a letter to HQ about this[/quote]

You should have been able to return them, unless that store has a different return policy. If they were new, never been opened, you have 30 days to return it with receipt and you get the money back in the form you paid it (so with the credit card, they should have been able to run the return and your money would have shown back up in your account after 48 hours). If they were used, the policy is that you can return used games within 7 days with receipt, for ANY reason, even if you didn't like the game. There's also a 30-day defective warranty on them. Either way, they should have been able to do the return for you, unless they have a different return policy than other GameStops... =/

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Why the fuck do you always have the craziest stories, slidecage? It never ceases to amaze me how many bad customer service stories you have. It kind of makes me wonder if you make them up.[/QUOTE]

worker today told me to come back tomorrow when the manager is in and they should be able to issue the refund. If not just dispute the charge. They are saying EB system is #$#$#$# up

if they try to Cancell a charge sometimes the charges goes though twice even making a bigger problem.

They also said the worker was new and probally didnt know how to handle the problem

we will see tomorrow when i try to return the games

i think the guy misunderstood the policy.. cause i find it hard to believe a major chain would do something stupid like this.

Never under estimate EB employees, especcialy teh Fort Wayne ones. I always shop GAme Crazy in Fort Wayne the people there are cool, but Fort Wayne EB? EWWW!!

Disc Relay by Plato's closet is a great used game place also, check them out!!

[quote name='Sinnbox']Never under estimate EB employees, especcialy teh Fort Wayne ones. I always shop GAme Crazy in Fort Wayne the people there are cool, but Fort Wayne EB? EWWW!!

Disc Relay by Plato's closet is a great used game place also, check them out!![/QUOTE]

why does gamecrazy charge some people to order games and others they dont

I ordered that Dungeon hunter game from another store Cost 0

last xmas my cousin ordered a few games and they charged her 6 bucks per game + game price

It could be the end of the quarter/year push to get more sales (remember thats why they were having the B2G1), and returns will put a dent in those numbers. Or that particular employee didn't want to reduce his numbers, remember when someone takes a return they loose -1 on their numbers.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The Target he's probably referring to never told me that.

We will and pictures will be taken, and then posted in the CAG Family Album thread. ;)[/quote]

Hey! I live in Japan but I'm from Fort Wayne! Wait until my next trip back home and we'll do a triple!

bread's done
Back