eBay 20 Cent auction Listing 3/14 - Time to get rid of some games =)

thunderx85

CAGiversary!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://pages.ebay.com/promo/20cent07/

Time to List your used games!

20 Cent Listing Day. Auction style listings only!

When is it?

One day only, starting Wednesday, March 14, 2007 between 00:00:01 PT (12:00 AM plus one second on Wednesday, March 14, 2007) and ending that same day at 23:59:59 PT(11:59 PM plus 59 seconds).

What is excluded?

This promotion will not apply to the following types of listings: Fixed Price listings, All eBay Motors listings (including Parts & Accessories, Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Power Sports, Other Vehicles), International, Live Auction, Professional Services, Real Estate, Ad Format and Store Inventory listings. The following business and industrial categories are excluded from the Insertion Fee Sale: tractors & farm machinery (91952), heavy equipment (25249), concession trailers, carts (67145), imaging and aesthetics equipment (92035), forklifts and other lifts (97185), manufacturing equipment (92080), metalworking equipment (92082) and commercial printing presses (26247).
The promotional rate does not apply to listings with a start date prior to March 14, 2007 - including those listings revised during the promotional period. The promotional rate also does not apply to listings created March 14, 2007 and scheduled to start after the promotion ends.

How do you get the promotion price?
[/FONT]

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']Is it 20 cents flat rate, doesn't matter how much the starting price is?[/QUOTE]

That's the idea... But as usual just on the starting fee (not on any features or, obviously, a BIN - I'm going to be very disciplined and only incur the 20 cent fee, and start everything at the minimum I'd want for it - then I don't have to worry about a thing until they end).

Like YoshiFan, it's too bad it is only on regular auctions. I used to use regular auctions exclusively but the cheap listing days on BIN kind of convinced me to go that route and now I use them much more often. But I guess I'll go back to the "old way" for a bunch of crap I have sitting around (just hoping to break even on much of it after fees).

One thing I don't like about regular auctions is that I feel the need to time the ending (and thus the beginning) with a mid-to-late afternoon ending for maximum exposure in the last minutes. With the cheap BIN listing I could go crazy listing them all right after midnight on the starting day, see if anything sells during the day, and list more if I feel like it the following night (before midnight). With regular auctions I'll have to do everything tomorrow afternoon when I'm supposed to be working ;). Oh well, I got all my pictures ready to go anyway tonight... Should be pretty quick to pop everything up when I need to.

And yes, I know I should be using turbolister or whatever it is, but I'm set in my ways and know how to do it the way I do it ;).

man, they sent me the email about this today and the sale was yesterday. those bastards.

bread's done
Back