Ebay advice needed, Help me Obi-CAG-Nobi, your my only hope.

NWgamer666

CAGiversary!
Need advice to proect myself from a possible idiot buyer via EBAY/PAYPAL.
I listed a game for sale on ebay using buy it now. Someone with zero feedback bought it, and didn't pay. So I filed an unpaid item dispute to get my money back for listing the auction, but low and behold Mr. zero feedback actually pays me via paypal after I waited several days. So I send out the game, using media mail w/ delivery confirmation (as thoughful peeps at GTZ always got me usin). I give Mr. 0 feedback a negative feedback, cause I had to go through the hastle of unpaid item dispute. His reply to my negative feedback is that he already purchasd a copy of the game I sold him, and he has no use for two copies of the same game. Today, I get my game back in the mail marked "refused". Not undeliverable, but refused. So I sent Mr. 0 feedback a message via ebay asking him what he wanted to do, but that since he hasn't even opened the mailing package, there is no way I would even condiser a return due to poor condition of the item.

I am mainly worried about him filing some form of paypal complaint trying to get his purchase price back. What is the likely hood of this happening, and being sucsessful? This would screw up my bank account, and I can't have that.

Should I hang onto the game, in its unopened state to prove my point? If so, how long until I am out of paypal retribution timeframe?

Should I play nice and send it back to him if he asks, provided he pays more shipping?

Should I ignore him?

What possible scam could this guy be playing? Help me Ebaying CAG's.

More than likely, they'll side with him since you've got the item back. If you already spent the money he gave you, you pretty much screwed yourself if he opens a dispute. Although they might side with you if you got DC with the package and it will show as delivered to his address and not your address.

I know that from returns in the past. Send the guy his money back since you got the item back and just block him from all future sales. Nothing you can do about getting listing fees back.

you have to be more careful with your feedback giving. did you try contacting him after he won the auction telling him that he has to pay? i think that you should have tried to communicate with him more, rather than just giving a neg fb right away, which always pisses people off.

I used the ebay message system to contact him very shortly after he won the auction, telling him to pay immediatly. Then I waited the 7 days to open a unpaid item dispute, then amazingly, he paid for it, then I sent the game, then I left negative feedback for the buyer. I feel like I've done all I can.

Tangy-If he opens a dispute, does paypal automatically take the cash out of my bank account before the paypal dispute is adjudicated?
I saved the tracking info from DC on a file on my comp for evidence. It shows as delievered to his house though.

Negative Feedback or more importantly, the threat of negative feedback, is about the only trump card a seller has via paypal and its buyer friendly business model. Don't be too quick to hand it out or as easily. Not saying he wouldn't have rejected the package anyway, but once you pegged him with a negative, you sealed your fate. (tried to think of a Star Wars quote, failed miserably)

[quote name='NWgamer666']Tangy-If he opens a dispute, does paypal automatically take the cash out of my bank account before the paypal dispute is adjudicated?
I saved the tracking info from DC on a file on my comp for evidence. It shows as delievered to his house though.[/quote]

They'll usually freeze the amount he sent in your Paypal account. They can't go into your bank account and take the money out, they were sued for doing that in the past.

Sounds like you're probably covered if he does a "item not received" dispute, since the DC shows it was delivered. But if he does a "item not as described" dispute, you'll probably lose that case.

Hassle of filing a NPB? What hassle? I've only done it twice but both times, all I've had to do was fill in some info and let the seller know what I was doing and they obliged. I don't think it was right of you to give him a neg so early.

Nonetheless, this sounds really fishy... keep on your toes.

Thanks for info Tangy, your a big help. Luckily, I don't got any paypal to take out, and if they can't go into my bank account, I'm fine. Would they eventually send me to collections if I'm running a negative amount in my paypal (i.e. due to this instance).
Since I have the unopened package returned to me, do you think a picture of it would help to prove that it cannot be "item not as described".

It wouldn't be a hassle if the douche buyer had communicated to me that he didn't want to pay for it. Instead, he just didn't respond and made me wait the time to file the NPB. I put this game on ebay just because I needed some quick cash, which is why I did the BUy it now, listed it for 1 day and paypal only payment. I really needed that cash back when I listed it, and to actually lose money due to a douche noob ebayer pissed me off.

[quote name='NWgamer666']Since I have the unopened package returned to me, do you think a picture of it would help to prove that it cannot be "item not as described".[/quote]

Maybe, never had to deal with people not accepting packages before. But it would show that you have your item back and the buyer would need his money back.

[quote name='NWgamer666']It wouldn't be a hassle if the douche buyer had communicated to me that he didn't want to pay for it. Instead, he just didn't respond and made me wait the time to file the NPB. I put this game on ebay just because I needed some quick cash, which is why I did the BUy it now, listed it for 1 day and paypal only payment. I really needed that cash back when I listed it, and to actually lose money due to a douche noob ebayer pissed me off.[/QUOTE]

ummm what money did you lose cause all i see you losing is the shipping fees.

Item = you got it back so you lost no money there

Ebay fees= you should get back (i would keep the file open i think there is a thing you can check that allows both the buyer and seller out of the sale. you get your fees back and they dont get a strike

why shouldnt he file against paypal to get his money back

a. you got his money
b. you still got the game

he has nothing. so why should you have the game + money

Should I ignore him>

no cause if you do you will have comiitted mail fraud cause you have the cash and the game and he has nothing.

just be happy you got the game back and relist it. your lucky you even got the game back

Originally Posted by NWgamer666
Since I have the unopened package returned to me, do you think a picture of it would help to prove that it cannot be "item not as described

I say no. All they have to do is say that you stuck it in another envlope and put REFUSED on the outer part. Who is to say what is in an unopened package.

Hell i can grab an empty envlope right now. Put my address name as return and someone elses as the place its going. RIGHT REFUSED on the package and drop it off in a blue bin. The post office has no clue it was never delivered to the other person in the first place so they send it back to me. I now have an empty envlope that i could say the person refused and i want my money back even though i never sent the game in the first place

so i doubt having an unopening item is going to help you in any way.

simple thing is refund the cash

bread's done
Back