eBay Advice

Tsel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
328 (100%)
So I picked up volumes 2-5 of Garfield and Friends at Goodwill yesterday for $4 a piece after finding out they're OOP and pretty rare. They sell for a decent profit on eBay. I'm probably going to go that route, but I was wondering, is it better to put them up all together as a lot? Or piece them out and sell them individually?

Another example: I have Medievil 1 and 2 and the Medievil 1 strategy guide, would it be wise to sell them together or individually? I don't know what would get me the most.

[quote name='Tsel']So I picked up volumes 2-5 of Garfield and Friends at Goodwill yesterday for $4 a piece after finding out they're OOP and pretty rare. They sell for a decent profit on eBay. I'm probably going to go that route, but I was wondering, is it better to put them up all together as a lot? Or piece them out and sell them individually?

Another example: I have Medievil 1 and 2 and the Medievil 1 strategy guide, would it be wise to sell them together or individually? I don't know what would get me the most.[/QUOTE]

It's all about what you see them sell for COMPLETED vs listed $...
Most likely, break them up.

Always Always Always Always

Sell your stuff separately on ebay if you are looking to make profit. Unless the item IS a set.

Guides in general unless new don't go for much so it's safe to Bundle it With it's respective game. Medieval 1.

Medieval 2 should be sold alone.

You have to think about the broad range of customers.

I might want Med2 but i already have 1 so i wouldn't be willing to pay extra for a game i already have.

Sell them separate. If someone wants to buy both he can do so in separate transactions.

Also Price accordingly

[quote name='donut']It's all about what you see them sell for COMPLETED vs listed $...
Most likely, break them up.[/QUOTE]
Oh I know that. I always check the completed listings. On my phone, I check off completed listings and sold items only, so I know they sold and what they sold for.

[quote name='doc_j88']Always Always Always Always

Sell your stuff separately on ebay if you are looking to make profit. Unless the item IS a set.

Guides in general unless new don't go for much so it's safe to Bundle it With it's respective game. Medieval 1.

Medieval 2 should be sold alone.

You have to think about the broad range of customers.

I might want Med2 but i already have 1 so i wouldn't be willing to pay extra for a game i already have.

Sell them separate. If someone wants to buy both he can do so in separate transactions.

Also Price accordingly[/QUOTE]
That's exactly the logic I was using. I think I will split them up.

I'd break up the Medieval 1 and guide for individual sale, if games ship first class and guides ship media mail the shipping costs can get ugly by mixing the two.

Now Garfield is more debatable, if a buyer has the first volume then picking up the 2 thru 5 would be appealing. You could make more on the set than from individual sales, but do you want to put all your eggs in one basket if someone wants to open a claim against you?

Not at all.

Also, how come the quantity button isn't showing up for me? I have two HDDs I want to sell, bu there's nowhere to enter the quantity and yes, I'm in the fixed listing area.

But there are also issues of time and how much profit you really want that may make bundling more efficient. It's all about pricing out your items to obtain the minimum profit you want and seeing what happens there after you list it.

If say you have rare item X and common item Y, both from the same series of something or another, and rare item X sells for between maybe $90 to $110 but common item Y only sells for $10. You want to move both items. There are few to no listings for rare item X but 50 listings for common item Y. You're going to have a real hard time moving common item Y individually with everyone else out there trying to sell it for $10. But if you bundle it with X, someone who really wants that rare item is going to suck it up and pay that extra $10 or so you've incorporated into your bundle price to get the rare item X. They'll probably roll it into their costs for rare item X either completely, or try to re-sell common item Y and try to use that money to offset the cost of your bundle.

But I mean, that's just one example and situations are going to have a lot of variables to them.

[quote name='Tsel']Not at all.

Also, how come the quantity button isn't showing up for me? I have two HDDs I want to sell, bu there's nowhere to enter the quantity and yes, I'm in the fixed listing area.[/QUOTE]

Quantity shows up after a certain number of feedback/items sold

[quote name='Scorch']Quantity shows up after a certain number of feedback/items sold[/QUOTE]

Do you know what that number is?

Can I just create two identical listings instead?

bread's done
Back