eBay Advice

QuasidodoJr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
So, I ordered two Sega CD games from the same seller, and paid by PayPal with the Buy-It-Now option. They lied on both items. One said it would come with the box, yet it showed up in a plain CD jewel case. The other one was listed as being in perfect working condition, but will not load in my Sega CD console. I have over 25 other games for my Sega CD and they all work perfectly. Also, I was charged for Priority mail on both game sales and they were sent to me by way of media mail. This seller http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=jillygames&item=104752533767&iid=104752533767&frm=1883&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:SID had mostly positive feedback, so I bit the bullet and made the purchases. I've attempted contacting her three separate times now and have received absolutely no response. The way it seems, is that I'm stuck with a non-working game (that I paid $10 for) and I'm out around $4 on the shipping, since they were sent via media mail rather than Priority. Any advice on how to handle the situation? I've only done about 7 or 8 eBay transactions in total, and these have been my only negative experiences.

If you paid by paypal open up a dispute. Try to get it resolved. If she doesn't budge, leave negative feedback stating those things.

None of the items I've seen listed priority mail, only first class? Is that what you meant?

Assuming the three contacts weren't all in the past 24 hours or something (i.e. seller has had ample time to get back to you) I'm in agreement with zebs on this one. A PayPal dispute has the added bonus of hopefully getting their attention enough to actually pry out a reply.

If you didn't pay with PayPal I'd complain to eBay about this (maybe do that even if you did pay with PP in addition to the PP dispute), even though you won't get any recourse out of that. But it doesn't hurt to file a complaint with them and it's possible a seller could respond to an official eBay dispute after ignoring your e-mails.

Contact Us - Bidding and Buying - Problems with Sellers - Item not as described

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html

If you do win the PayPal dispute you will have your entire payment refunded (including the original shipping charge IIRC) once you ship back and the DC number shows as delivered. But the return shipping will be on your own dime. This is assuming the guy has money in his PP account to cover. If he doesn't his account goes negative and you don't get anything until he puts money in to restore the balance. With a seller that does this many transactions I'd say it's pretty unlikely he won't have the money in his PP account to cover the refund.

I'm pretty sure you'd win a PayPal dispute. But I've heard grumblings that major sellers sometimes get cupcake treatment, so who knows. If you buy something and it doesn't work when it gets to you that's a pretty clear cut case. Most would probably even call it cut and dry.

Wow, looks like this person is pretty much guaranteed to give you a retaliatory Negative, if you decide to go that route. Something to think about anyway. Hopefully you can get your money back via Paypal, and hit them with an Item Not Received strike. Hope it works out for you.

Ok. So, they're obviously screwing me over. According to PayPal, I must track down a certified expert that handles Sega CD video games, and can file an official document, with business card attached, that I can fax to PayPal to prove the game doesn't work, or my claim is canceled. Pretty much, this seller has been given the ok to completely rip me off. I'm sure they know damn good and well there's no way I can find someone who can file an official document on a non-working Sega CD disc. I've lost much faith in eBay.

Along the lines of eBay advice- what's the etiquette on asking for a buyer to provide feedback? How long should you wait before asking when you know they've received the item?

bread's done
Back