Ebay Auction Advice

havoksend

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Not sure if this is the correct forum, I did search and find other similar topics here for games. My question is I had an auctino up for a Palm Pre plus through Verizon Wireless. I had a buy it now of 450 on it. There has been steady bidding on it, it was about up to 190 when someone did the buy it now. It was a woman with zero feedback. So I hit send invoice to look at the info. Than hit it again a few minutes later and the information changed. That threw up a red flag to me right there. I emailed the woman asking why it had changed and she said, it was for her friend and her friend was paying just using her ebay and paypal. I did some investigating and pasted the email on facebook, and looked up both names. Both names matched from the invoice part, and they are friends on facebook and live in the same town. While I emailed the girl askign this, she asked me if there was a problem with the transaction, but has already went and sent me the money through paypal. I have a clean paypal record, i'm verified and all that and have 100% ebay feedback. What are the chances of this biting me in the ass if something goes wrong?

So someone bought your item, paid and wants it shipped to an address other than the one that's verified through paypal ? If that's the case don't. You're only covered by paypal if you ship it to the verified address.

What I would do is message the buyer informing them in order for you and the buyer to be protected that it would need to be shipped to the proper address. If after all they're good friends and live in the same town it shouldn't be a problem for them to either drop off or pick up the package from one another.

If the buyer doesn't agree then cancel the transaction and issue a refund once that happens. And if they start some sort of claim I'm sure Ebay/Paypal will side with you since they want you tosend it to an unverified address.

[quote name='twicwborn']So someone bought your item, paid and wants it shipped to an address other than the one that's verified through paypal ? If that's the case don't. You're only covered by paypal if you ship it to the verified address.

What I would do is message the buyer informing them in order for you and the buyer to be protected that it would need to be shipped to the proper address. If after all they're good friends and live in the same town it shouldn't be a problem for them to either drop off or pick up the package from one another.

If the buyer doesn't agree then cancel the transaction and issue a refund once that happens. And if they start some sort of claim I'm sure Ebay/Paypal will side with you since they want you tosend it to an unverified address.[/QUOTE]

+1 to this. Never send to an alternate address.

No, its a verified paypal address she wants me to send it, it is the one provided by paypal. The adress changed in the send invoice screen, not in any of the paypal screens.

any other opinions on what I should do? I could lock the esn, until I receive positive feedback, or would that be a douche move? And once I receive positive feedback they cannot refute payment can they? I have 45 positive feedback at 100%, would that give me the credibility to try that against someone with 0?

If you are weary, refund the money (if they paid already) and cancel the transaction. I am pretty sure you have that right, considering you are the seller.

No harm, no foul, no Palm Pre lost.

[quote name='havoksend']any other opinions on what I should do? I could lock the esn, until I receive positive feedback, or would that be a douche move? And once I receive positive feedback they cannot refute payment can they? I have 45 positive feedback at 100%, would that give me the credibility to try that against someone with 0?[/QUOTE]

Well, as long as the address is the Paypal confirmed address on that account, you still have the protection on the sale. And it's not really about who has more feedback nowadays. Buyers win these cases all the time nowadays, but as long as you send it to the "Paypal Confirmed Address", there shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure the address you print up is the "Paypal Confirmed Address", otherwise when they make the claim, Paypal will most likely side against you since you didn't ship it to an address in their system.

And address changes happens sometimes because people have created an eBay account from a long time ago, and never bought anything with it. When they finally do buy something, they will either,

a)need to reconfirm their Paypal confirmed address

or

b)they never had a confirmed address to begin with since they never had anything shipped to them before

You should be a little cautious, but just make sure the most recent address you send it to is the current "Paypal Confirmed Address" and you'll be fine.

bread's done
Back