eBay bans auctions of digital goods

it also puts an end to an easy way to inflate your feedback.... I know many who would purchase wallpapers (delivered digitally) for 1-5 cents each for the primary reason of inflating their feedback.

So now you just have to print out the code and mail it to them for the cost of a stamp now? I dont really see the point of that. Oh well.

[quote name='kipz']I wonder how this effects people selling air guitars.[/quote]

I guess you can't sell digital cameras either. :lol:

[quote name='urzishra14']hmm.. i wonder how that effects digital objects like in WoW or MTGO cards..[/quote]

Sale of MMO items (IE ANYTHING contained in WoW) was banned by eBay I believe at LEAST a year now. Notice, Blizzard IS suing companies that sell gold or make programs for the game, its only time until other MMOs tighten their grips too.

Not sure the legality of the MTGO card stuff, I never got into that. Seemed stupid, buying virtual cards at the price retail cards cost and whatnot.

^ well .. the short anwser is.. there are places that people can't get a good game of cards in locally and prize support/ease of use is better online..

well i don't keep up on MMO stuff (see i think its silly to pay for a game then pay AN ADDITIONAL amount each month just to play the game in the first place..) but thats neither here nor there..

it also puts an end to an easy way to inflate your feedback.... I know many who would purchase wallpapers (delivered digitally) for 1-5 cents each for the primary reason of inflating their feedback.

So now you just have to print out the code and mail it to them for the cost of a stamp now? I dont really see the point of that. Oh well.

[quote name='kipz']I wonder how this effects people selling air guitars.[/quote]

I guess you can't sell digital cameras either. :lol:

[quote name='urzishra14']hmm.. i wonder how that effects digital objects like in WoW or MTGO cards..[/quote]

Sale of MMO items (IE ANYTHING contained in WoW) was banned by eBay I believe at LEAST a year now. Notice, Blizzard IS suing companies that sell gold or make programs for the game, its only time until other MMOs tighten their grips too.

Not sure the legality of the MTGO card stuff, I never got into that. Seemed stupid, buying virtual cards at the price retail cards cost and whatnot.

^ well .. the short anwser is.. there are places that people can't get a good game of cards in locally and prize support/ease of use is better online..

well i don't keep up on MMO stuff (see i think its silly to pay for a game then pay AN ADDITIONAL amount each month just to play the game in the first place..) but thats neither here nor there..

I for one am EXTREMELY GLAD they're doing this. I'm sick of seeing 100s of these e-guides, e-cheats, etc. showing up every time I search for a game.

bread's done
Back