ebay buyer claims not to have received item.....

lehviput

CAGiversary!
I sold a guy a copy of FF VII sealed. I shipped the item via USPS priority mail on April 24. I just received an email from the buyer and he asked me if I had purchased insurance on the package and that he never received the game. He happens to mention to me that the DC # says the item has been delivered. He has over 700 positive feedback, but the DC# does say it has been delivered. I want to believe him based on his feedback, but the DC# says otherwise.

Any of you guys ever have this happen to you? If so how was the problem resolved?

Happened to me before, except with me it was a lame attempt to scam me. The person said they didn't get it, I send them the DC# (that says it has been delivered) and they say "It's been sitting in my mailbox for the past week".

I guess they were checking to see if I had the DC# or not so they could try and scam me.

[quote name='maxflight']did he pay for insurance? if he didn't, and he has a confirmed address, you should be okay.[/quote]

no, he did not pay extra for the insurance and yes, the guy does have a confirmed address.

Why wouldn't he buy insurance on such a big purchase?

I think I'm just going to make insurance mandatory on all of my items from now on. Even DC#s don't seem to be a good method of protecting yourself.

I sold Metroid Prime 2 Echoes a week later I received an email from the buyer asking when her game was going to arrive. USPC DC indicated she received the game the previous day I sent her the dc number she emailed back saying she received the game and apologized for the mixup then left me positive fb that was a minor transaction for anything over $30 I use signature confirmation anything over $40 I use sc and discount shipping insurance.

The buyer is responsible for paying for insurance. If it shows it was delivered, it was delivered. End of Story.

This is why I dont ship to Canada unless they pay for Global Priority.

Sometimes if the item is expensive I will demand that they pay for shipping or I just pay it myself so no worries.

PS: many times I shipped, they recieved it yet the item was never scaned by the Post Office. Sometimes the buyer will lie and say they didnt get it. So it works both ways.

you should always add a signature confirmation for a extra two bucks. This means that someone has to sign for the package and the signed slip is mailed back you to.

He probably hasnt recieved it yet. Give it a day and see how it goes.

[quote name='ICEPICC']The buyer is responsible for paying for insurance. If it shows it was delivered, it was delivered. End of Story.
.[/QUOTE]

Buyer is NOT responsible for paying for insurance, the shipper can request the buyer pays it for the item though.

With insurance, the seller would be able to reclaim the cost of the item (whatever it was insured to) from USPS and not the buyer. And then the seller can reimburse the buyer if so desired.

Who was the buyer if you don't mind me asking, this happened to me in April as well with the same game lol. I ended up refunding their money : \

Tell him to talk to the Post Office. You did what you should have by throwing a delivery confirmation on it. If it states delivered, it's out of your hands at that point.

It wasn't delivered to a apartment by chance, was it?

If so, tell him to check his apartment's office. I've had to deal with USPS in the past, since packages would say it was delivered, only to find they delivered it to the office. Which pisses me off, cause all they had to do is knock on my door and give the package to me.

Anything over $25, insurance is added to the shipping cost. Anything over $50 gets sent with signature confirmation.

I have had the same issues with buyers saying they didn't receive the item but the DC shows it as being delivered and on higher valued items I am not willing to take the risk of just DC.

I usually go with insurance on anything over $100... and what I've noticed is that the post office *won't* deliver it unless someone is there to get it. Almost every time I've put insurance on a package, the buyer usually had to get it from their post office because the usps wouldn't leave it on the doorstep.

Now, I don't know if it was because it was insured for over $100, or what, but I'm not willing to take the chance.

And I've had a few buyers say they didn't receive the package, and when the DC states otherwise they always say "Whoops, there was a mixup, I found the package, thanks!" ALWAYS within 24 hours.

The other thing is that they live in an apt, and as it was noted above, it went to the apt manager / office / whatever and not the apt.

Go ahead, let him file a claim, you will win it, all you have to prove is that the package was delivered to his confirmed address, and well, you have that.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Anything over $25, insurance is added to the shipping cost. Anything over $50 gets sent with signature confirmation.

I have had the same issues with buyers saying they didn't receive the item but the DC shows it as being delivered and on higher valued items I am not willing to take the risk of just DC.[/quote]

Just curious, what items have you had that happen to you?

As long as you have DC and SC, you should be ok. BUT, from what I read..if they do a chargeback on their Credit Card, you'll lose the battle majority of the time.

I've been on the other side of this problem about 3 times now. Two of them they hesitated to send them for some reason and no... I pay immediately. One item took about a month and a half during Xmas time. The other one didn't send it until I started a dispute. The third one straight up scammed me luckily it wasn't an expensive item. Point is the buyer (me at least) is not the problem.

As a seller I had an item (model car) damaged in shipping and the buyer contacted me about it. I said take a pic, send it to me via email so I can see what the item condition looks like, and I'll happily refund their money.

bread's done
Back