eBay: Custom Edition SNES Titles (Secret of Mana, etc)

jshackles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Put up a lot of Custom Edition SNES games - all in great condition with keepsake cases that were created especially for these games and professionally printed. These look AWESOME on a shelf next to each other, check out my photos inside the item descriptions for examples.

Secret of Mana, Mario World 2, Donkey Kong Country 2, F-Zero, etc.... Some great games and (as of this posting) most still at the $0.99 opening bid.

jshackles' Auctions

Check out my "other items" too for a few random NES carts like Final Fantasy and Castlevania 2.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is false advertising - none of them are collector's editions, you just printed off cover art and stuck it on the case. None of these games are "special editions". This is why very few people are bidding on the items.

[quote name='Scorch']This is false advertising - none of them are collector's editions, you just printed off cover art and stuck it on the case. None of these games are "special editions". This is why very few people are bidding on the items.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree it is misleading. I think you should substitute the word collector with custom.

I used the word "Collector" because I myself am a collector and these cases are far superior to any storage methodology I've ever found. When placed on a shelf, the games are easily recognized, and it creates a consistent look and feel for retro games who's original packaging was often varied in design (as well as stability - in this case, cardboard).

I put them online because, despite not wanting to get rid of them, I'm at the point in my life now where I've got a wife and kids and unfortunately gaming takes a back seat to that.

Hopefully people bid on these merely because the game is included. But a lot of time went in to creating these and it would be a shame to sell them to someone who didn't recognize that.

I understand that, but the issue isn't with your use of "Collector's Edition" (well, it sort of is - collector's edition implies that it was an official release of the game specifically for collectors).. but in the auction subtitles, you put "Special edition game".. which it's not. It's a regular game in a custom collector case.

I'm not knocking the cases, they're nice. I think someone here had a project going on that did the same thing for N64 and Sega games, too.. but they're not special edition games.

bread's done
Back