eBay expertise - winner decides he doesn't want the stuff

jngx80

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Need some help just to make sure I don't somehow get scammed.

I had an auction for some games. It sold for around $40. first the buyer emails me asking if I could lower the final price by $5. I told him I couldn't but said if he doesn't want to pay I'd just file payment not received with eBay to get my fees refunded. He emails back and says, he doesn't want the items but he's willing to send me a few dollars to cover my ebay fees, in return I wouldn't file anything against him.

Is this a safe solution? I mean he wouldn't be able to pull something out of the air and complain to eBay that he paid me and did not receive the items.

Thanks.

Well if you want to get your fees back without giving him a strike, simply choose to cancel the transaction. To do this, go to the Resolution Center on ebay and select "I want to cancel a transaction."

I would give him the strike. Don't bid on something if you don't want to pay for it, simple as that. Don't trust him to pay you and not try anything fishy.

How effing hard is it to not bid on something unless you want to buy it? Retards that do this three times should be banned for life... and shot.

eBay has turned to shit. You should file the payment not received, that way you are gaurenteed to get your listing money back. Problem is you can't leave the guy a negative feedback anymore, but he can leave you one no problem.

Yeah, it was lame for him to back out and I don't get why someone would bid and then decide not to go through with it (if I wanted that kind of experience I would've used craigslist). And he sniped it at the end so that must mean he was watching the item for a while.

Part of me wants to give him the strike, but then I want to keep it as civil as possible. Thanks cheady for the info; I didn't even know that existed. I think that's probably the best way to handle it.

Go easy on the guy, just cancel the transaction. What if he was robbed or something? Or his car broke down? I know it's unlikely, but hell, give him a chance. It's the holidays. :D

And he did offer to cover the fees, showing he's not a total douche.

In these situations I would see if he holds himself to paying the fees, and after a while if they don't do that it's your call: unpaid item strike or a mutual agreement to withdrawl. I actually tend to prefer mutual agreements for newer members mainly because they're still unfamiliar with how things work and it allows you to gently scold them(I don't think people realize what a pain it is to put the item back up, especially with newer titles that risk dropping in price as time goes on so I like to try and explain this to them)... long standing users though I tend to drop the UPI on them, since they are more than likely familiar with the way things work and simply don't care since they know that as long as they're in generally good standing with their FB they can get by with the occasional strike.

Now here's a question for someone: I've been trying to wrap up my ebay sales, and except for one butthead I've had everything taken care of. He bought both copies of the guy game I was selling, and has neither paid nor responded to my messages. This fella is a real piece of work; he's got 196 FB and about 10 negs and lots of neutrals over the course of 2 years. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other outles I could use besides UPI strikes to bring this guy to ebay's attention?

bread's done
Back