Ebay: Factory Sealed Nintendo Wii + Sonic and the Secret Rings + Bonus $359.99

Considering they're still in short supply and the systems on their own are selling for between $320 and $360, yeah, I'd say it's a decent deal for someone looking to get one now.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

This is cheapassgamer, not dumbassgamer. Why would anyone here possibly jump at this bullshit?

[quote name='alongx']I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

This is cheapassgamer, not dumbassgamer. Why would anyone here possibly jump at this bullshit?[/quote]It's cheapassgamer doesn't necessarily mean patientassgamer. Someone who wants to find one might jump on it. In the end, this forum is just for whoring your own auctions, why all the hate?

[quote name='daroga']It's cheapassgamer doesn't necessarily mean patientassgamer. Someone who wants to find one might jump on it. In the end, this forum is just for whoring your own auctions, why all the hate?[/quote]

I wouldn't call it hate, it's more of a reality check. I've seen multiple people find Wii's in retail and buy them just to put them up on CAG and ask nothing more than cost + shipping + slight compensation. Keep in mind, not $60 compensation, more like a few dollars for gas + time. In fact, I recall seeing one such post where the guy was asking about $290, and shipping was about $30 so he wasn't making more than $5-10 after tax - before explaining it, though, people were all over it with ridicule. This auction is clearly intended to make a quick buck, which is usually against the CAG spirit - absurd prices are only for bonafide rare items, like a game that's out of print.

I'm sure you know all of this, so the real question is...why are you so surprised at the flames he's getting? I was tempted to say something smart-ass but decided not to, but really, it's not very cool. If the auction just hit that high, then sure, let people bid whatever they're willing to pay, but a BIN price? fuck that.

[quote name='johnnypark']I wouldn't call it hate, it's more of a reality check. I've seen multiple people find Wii's in retail and buy them just to put them up on CAG and ask nothing more than cost + shipping + slight compensation. Keep in mind, not $60 compensation, more like a few dollars for gas + time. In fact, I recall seeing one such post where the guy was asking about $290, and shipping was about $30 so he wasn't making more than $5-10 after tax - before explaining it, though, people were all over it with ridicule. This auction is clearly intended to make a quick buck, which is usually against the CAG spirit - absurd prices are only for bonafide rare items, like a game that's out of print.

I'm sure you know all of this, so the real question is...why are you so surprised at the flames he's getting? I was tempted to say something smart-ass but decided not to, but really, it's not very cool. If the auction just hit that high, then sure, let people bid whatever they're willing to pay, but a BIN price? fuck that.[/quote]There's a difference between selling it directly on CAG for that price and just letting people have a ehads up that it's on eBay. Either way, though, thread crapping like this use to be frowned upon around here. I guess now we just don't care.

Well, technically, if you wanted the Wii and sonic, it would cost you a bit over $320 to purchase it at the store (with 7 percent sales tax).

So, after ebay and paypal fees (about $25 between the two of them with $10 of it coming from paypal), he is making about $15 profit.

That sounds quite reasonable to me...

bread's done
Back