eBay Feedback Question

Drizzt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I've already left positive feedback for an item that I bought and received however the seller hasn't returned the favor. Should I try emailing him asking why? I realize that sellers get busy, but I also don't want this guy to be able to get out of leaving feedback for me if that's even possible.

I have several cases just like this right now. The feedback system is so damn stupid. Sellers don't want to leave feedback first because they're scared something will go wrong and the buyer will leave them a negative. Buyers won't leave feedback because they're lazy, stupid, or for the same reason as sellers (especially if they requested something even slightly out of the norm).

Feedback should be MANDATORY. As in, eBay tracks what your transactions, and after a certain date, your account is disabled until you leave feedback for a completed auction.

[quote name='PsyClerk']I have several cases just like this right now. The feedback system is so damn stupid. Sellers don't want to leave feedback first because they're scared something will go wrong and the buyer will leave them a negative. Buyers won't leave feedback because they're lazy, stupid, or for the same reason as sellers (especially if they requested something even slightly out of the norm).

Feedback should be MANDATORY. As in, eBay tracks what your transactions, and after a certain date, your account is disabled until you leave feedback for a completed auction.[/quote]

I disagree, optional is best IMO. What I'd like to see is a system. Basically it's impossible to tell if negative feedback is legit or not. I know if someone ever neg's me, I'm sure as hell going to neg them back regardless of who's at fault. Also unless I get negged myself, I don't neg others for fear of retaliation as well. Almost everyone does this and that's just a stupid system IMO.

You just basically repeated what I said. The current system is not used properly, so a new one is needed.

[quote name='PsyClerk']You just basically repeated what I said. The current system is not used properly, so a new one is needed.[/quote]

Oh yeah, I totally agree they need a new system, I just disagree that feedback should be mandatory.

Feedback is optional I would just let it go but if you really want feedback it wouldn't hurt to email the seller once politely

yeah i think a new system is needed also, what i think would work is if ebay ONLY allowed buyers to leave positive feedback AFTER the seller has first left feedback, then, should the buyer chose to, he could return the favor.. negitives could still be left by either party at any time if needed... sellers jsut know buyers are afraid of neg. feedbacks and use that to scare them into not complaining.. heres an exerpt from an auction im bidding on right now..

In response to eBay's most recent changes in feedback policy, we now are operating a "you go first" policy. We will wait for the winning bidder to give us feedback before we give any feedback. PLEASE give us a chance to correct problems that you may encounter with your eBay items BEFORE giving us Negative feedback. We are a service-oriented company that strives to make ALL of our customers happy.

If anything buyers should have to leave it first. A sellers feedback rating is way more important then a buyers.

[quote name='ex0']If anything buyers should have to leave it first. A sellers feedback rating is way more important then a buyers.[/quote]

But what if a buyer needs to get his feedback rating up so he can become seller with a good amount of feedback?

The only time I never received feedback was because the bidder that won my auction was new to eBay, and I could tell that they didn't understand the entire eBay procedure. Otherwise, everything's been fine.

[quote name='menchirox'][quote name='ex0']If anything buyers should have to leave it first. A sellers feedback rating is way more important then a buyers.[/quote]

But what if a buyer needs to get his feedback rating up so he can become seller with a good amount of feedback?[/quote]

Thank you, you stated exactly why I'd like the feedback right now. I haven't been on eBay very long and believe it or not, my feedback is only in the single digits. Every feedback counts, since I don't buy that often from eBay. And if I do ever decide to start selling stuff I don't want to look like a newbie trying to scam people. Besides that, I already left the positive for him. In fact I left it the same day I got the item, which was a couple of weeks ago at this point. Thanks for the replies guys, I'll give the seller a hollar and hopefully he'll be cooperative.

Sellers Should Blackball And Sanction Ebay by not leaving feedback
for the simple following reason:

They allow buyers the ability to leave negative feedback,
but do not allow sellers the ability to do the same.

For this very reason I have not left feedback since the new policy,
and have no intention of every leaving a single feedback again until
the policy changes. If Ebay doesn't change it, I don't leave feedback,
simple equation. If you need to clarify a neutral or negative comment,
just start out with the following:

BLOCKED BUYER (then leave your message)

If sellers united, and everyone refused to leave feedback, we could
easily get this asinine rule eliminated.

The idiot(s) who incorporated this brainstorm of a concept, were
probably the same ones who give store owners less visibility than
non-store owners - not the brightest concept in the world. This is
one of the reasons I don't open a store the other is they've
increased there fees so many times in most area's that I can't
even keep up with it anymore, not to mention $15.95 is a terrible
price-point.

The only way to beat Ebay is to take the free auction promo's when
they come up, this way you can never lose money. Bottom line is stop
your crying about a seller not leaving you feedback, the unfair
feedback policy is just one of many reasons why many of us do not,
and the numbers are growing, this is a standing complaint against Ebay