Ebay help please

bil4ltool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Had an item up for bid...with shipping noted as United States only. The guy who wins has 8 feedback and messages me asking how much he should pay for shipping since he lives in Australia. This pisses me off for a few reasons, 1) I don't like shipping overseas for obvious reasons 2) He didn't even have the courtesy to ask if I could make an exception and ship to Australia if he covered the shipping costs.

What should I do in this situation? I don't, and never have, felt comfortable shipping overseas.

Tell him to cover charges for insurance as part of any shipping cost(s). That way it's win-win for you both. you'll both get your money. It could have been an honest mistake that he didn't see the ships to US only...or he really wanted the item badly. With insurance, you should be set. If he's not willing to pay and you don't want to chance shipping overseas, then tell him no.

I would offer it to the next highest bidder. The chances of it all ending badly if you ship to Australia aren't worth it.

Dear Aussie,

Learn how to read. I said I don't mail stuff to that shit hole continent of yours.

fuck off,
bil4ltool

I assume so, but I thought (and it damn well should be) was automatic. I clearly selected U.S. Even with insurance I'm pretty sure paypal and ebay usually take the buyers side, especially if I decided to ship to Australia against my own policy.

[quote name='bil4ltool']I assume so, but I thought (and it damn well should be) was automatic. I clearly selected U.S. Even with insurance I'm pretty sure paypal and ebay usually take the buyers side, especially if I decided to ship to Australia against my own policy.[/quote]

yeah than dont do it and save your self the heartache. He didnt read your description thoroughly and its his fault for not doing that. Sell it to the next highest bidder as another said.

[quote name='bil4ltool']I assume so, but I thought (and it damn well should be) was automatic. I clearly selected U.S. Even with insurance I'm pretty sure paypal and ebay usually take the buyers side, especially if I decided to ship to Australia against my own policy.[/QUOTE]

There is an option in your seller preferences and it's not automatic.

Just tell him you don't ship outside of the U.S. as stated in your listing and file a non-paying-bidder dispute on him. I believe there is an option in the menus for 'Buyer lives outside of my shipping area' or something along those lines. You may not even need to wait the normal 7 days but I'm not sure on that.

I recently had a similar situation.

I had a buyer from Australia win my auction.

He wanted the cheapest shipping method and I could not get any tracking with the cheapest shipping method.

I mailed it out and he claims it was never received.

He currently has a claim with paypal and he will win because I have no tracking information to prove he received it.

I also said ships to US only and I should have refused to ship it.

[quote name='gaggil']I recently had a similar situation.

I had a buyer from Australia win my auction.

He wanted the cheapest shipping method and I could not get any tracking with the cheapest shipping method.

I mailed it out and he claims it was never received.

He currently has a claim with paypal and he will win because I have no tracking information to prove he received it.

I also said ships to US only and I should have refused to ship it.[/quote]

Does he have a confirmed paypal account?

People need to remember, you cannot do "cheapest shipping available" when it comes to shipping overseas because shipping it with some kind of confirmation/tracking + insurance is not cheap.

[quote name='wubb']There is an option in your seller preferences and it's not automatic.

Just tell him you don't ship outside of the U.S. as stated in your listing and file a non-paying-bidder dispute on him. I believe there is an option in the menus for 'Buyer lives outside of my shipping area' or something along those lines. You may not even need to wait the normal 7 days but I'm not sure on that.[/quote]

So I'd be in my right place to file a NPB on him for sure?

[quote name='bil4ltool']So I'd be in my right place to file a NPB on him for sure?[/QUOTE]

Your listing had ships to: United States (like this one for example http://cgi.ebay.com/Fuzion-Frenzy-2...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem )

And he paid/wants to pay with an Australian mailing address right?

If this is the case then you should win th NPB. However I can't find anything on eBay's help section specifically about this (I thought it was on the pages about NPB but I don't see it now.) So if you want to make sure send eBay an e-mail on this.

Sounds like a pretty darn good scam, they get the package untracked by you, then claim they didn't recieve it and wait for PayPal to clear them. In the words of Admiral Ackbar "IT'S A TRAP"

bread's done
Back