Ebay Help

koreysimmons

CAGiversary!
I purchased Final Fantasy XIII from an ebay seller with 100% (80)feedback. The delivery confirmation says I have already received my package but of course I haven't. I then filed an ebay claim to get my money back but ebay has decided in the sellers favor. I have contacted the post office and a supervisor told me that they do not have the package. Is there anything I can do to get my money back? Thanks in advance for the help.

You didn't do it properly, which is why you got screwed. The package shows as delivered, which is generally all eBay needs. What you should have done is contacted the seller and the post office to say that you never received the package, and they would have investigated.

Basically, I'd say you're not likely to get your money back. Just learn from this and don't be so rash in the future.

Was the thing mailed to you sometime this week or last week?

If it was mailed this week, or you were expecting it today or tomorrow, sometimes the postal workers will scan all their route's outgoing mail at the start of their shift , rather than before they actually drop it in your mailbox/leave it at your doorstop and then scan it in.

I've seen them use either method, and in the first case, it should then be delivered later today or at the latest, tomorrow.

If it is neither case, then you may want to check with neighbors, as it might' ve been accidentally delivered to the wrong address, or perhaps accept the possibility someone straight up took the package from your door (if it wasn't left in your mailbox)

Yoda- I actually contacted the seller first, waited a couple days even after delivery confirmation, then contacted the post office, they responded the next day with they do not have the packsge, and then filed the ebay claim.

Morning- I live in apartments so the mailman would put the package in a box with a key then put the key in my mailbox. The item was sent last monday the 19th first class mail and the guy lives 45 minutes from me.

The only conclusion I have is the package was stolen by a postal worker and I will not get my money back because the delivery confirmation says it was delivered. I just wish there was something I could do. Its only $35 but still its the point. This could happen to anyone and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Some sad Sh!t.

If I am a seller how is it my fault after the packaged was stolen after it was delivered? You can try contacting the bank or credit card company to see if anything can be done. If the future you can try buying from amazon, where they require the seller to get a signature confirmation.

I'm not mad or upset at the seller, if anything I think I should get a partial refund since it was not mine or his fault.

[quote name='koreysimmons']Morning- I live in apartments so the mailman would put the package in a box with a key then put the key in my mailbox. The item was sent last monday the 19th first class mail and the guy lives 45 minutes from me. [/QUOTE]
I'm assuming you've already checked with the main apt. office? That's where the PO would deliver my pkgs. if they wouldn't fit in the mail slot.

[quote name='koreysimmons']I'm not mad or upset at the seller, if anything I think I should get a partial refund since it was not mine or his fault.[/QUOTE]
While I do feel that you should probably get money back, you should not get it from the seller. It was in no way, shape, or form the seller's fault. You should not be taking money from him for something that he did not do, nor could have prevented.

Slamm- yeah I checked the apartment main office.

Yoda- I agree some what but what about me? All I did is click buy now and paid for an item I did not receive. I do think ebay should compensate.

I was in the same situation once even though it was supposed to have insurance. I contacted PayPal and explained the situation, they surprisingly refunded my money.

[quote name='62t']If I am a seller how is it my fault after the packaged was stolen after it was delivered? You can try contacting the bank or credit card company to see if anything can be done. If the future you can try buying from amazon, where they require the seller to get a signature confirmation.[/QUOTE]

You guys have to realize that under ebay's terms of use or whatever they want to call it that, you agree that you are responsible for all items until they reach the hands of the buyer. It's up to the seller to buy insurance on all his items to protect against stolen packages or stupid postal worker mistakes like this.

And this is coming from a seller =/. I've shipped off many things that have not gotten scanned by the USPS or got lost in transit and I had to take the loss and move on because eBay usually favors the buyer and not the seller. I'm actually surprised that eBay sided with the seller on this one even if the DC# states it was delivered. International packages are worst, though. If I ship something to Canada and the customs number shows that it arrived in Canada, but the buyer claims he "didn't get it," then I'm shit out of luck and am going to lose the claim.

you should take a first class flight to the seller's house and beat the shit out of him. he scammed you out of a final fantasy and you don't deserve it!!!!!

bread's done
Back