Ebay help

Talgrund

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Ordered a PSP game, arrived damaged and was a in special USPS bag claiming it was damaged in shipping process. Opened a case and the seller completely flipped out on me. After an exchange of messages and terrible service on the sellers part, he refuses to help me in any way possible. Last message he said I have to take it up with USPS, which is odd because in his very first response he said I could return it for a refund before he went on an angry tirade.

Is there email to contact ebay or do I have to call? This seller has been impossible to work with.

Edit: I also provided pictures and he still refuses to help.

Have you ever opened a dispute on eBay? You can open a SNAD case against him and there is nothing he can do except take it back. You then ship it back at your cost, get tracking and you'll get your refund. I doubt you will get get compensated for the shipping but that just justifies you leaving negative feedback.

Did the seller just send a UMD disc in a mailer or did the case get damaged?

[quote name='Talgrund']Ordered a PSP game, arrived damaged and was a in special USPS bag claiming it was damaged in shipping process. Opened a case and the seller completely flipped out on me. After an exchange of messages and terrible service on the sellers part, he refuses to help me in any way possible. Last message he said I have to take it up with USPS, which is odd because in his very first response he said I could return it for a refund before he went on an angry tirade.

Is there email to contact ebay or do I have to call? This seller has been impossible to work with.

Edit: I also provided pictures and he still refuses to help.[/QUOTE]

i have my ebay account set up years ago to do NON PAYMENT STRIKES of people dont pay... and have no idea why i cant turn them off..

Well someone got a game off me and never paid ...

person wrote and said something like

YOU BETTER CANCEL THAT NON PAYMENT STRIKE OR I WILL COME OVER AND KILL YOU SON OF A BITCH ASS AND BURN YOUR MOTHER fuckING HOUSE DOWN YOU SON OF A BITCH FOR OPENING UP A NON PAYMENT ON ME IF YOU DONT CANCEL IT I WILL fuck YOU OVER fuck YOU fuck YOU fuck YOU I M GOING TO fuck YOU OVER SO BAD

forward it to ebay and they said

SELLER HAS THEIR RIGHT TO SAY THAT LOL

fuck ebay

i say file a dispute ...i would not even file it with ebay... file it with PAYPAL.. paypal will give your cash back and the seller can go fuck themself

[quote name='slidecage']
i say file a dispute ...i would not even file it with ebay... file it with PAYPAL.. paypal will give your cash back and the seller can go fuck themself[/QUOTE]
Opened it through Ebay. Just went to open one through Paypal and I got this message.

"We're sorry there's a problem with your purchase. You already opened a case regarding this item. Please go to the eBay Resolution Center to review the program details for information on what to do next."

[quote name='slidecage']i have my ebay account set up years ago to do NON PAYMENT STRIKES of people dont pay... and have no idea why i cant turn them off..

Well someone got a game off me and never paid ...

person wrote and said something like

YOU BETTER CANCEL THAT NON PAYMENT STRIKE OR I WILL COME OVER AND KILL YOU SON OF A BITCH ASS AND BURN YOUR MOTHER fuckING HOUSE DOWN YOU SON OF A BITCH FOR OPENING UP A NON PAYMENT ON ME IF YOU DONT CANCEL IT I WILL fuck YOU OVER fuck YOU fuck YOU fuck YOU I M GOING TO fuck YOU OVER SO BAD

forward it to ebay and they said

SELLER HAS THEIR RIGHT TO SAY THAT LOL

fuck ebay

i say file a dispute ...i would not even file it with ebay... file it with PAYPAL.. paypal will give your cash back and the seller can go fuck themself[/QUOTE]

Haha glad you got my message. Cancel it?;)

OP, sounds to me like it was the USPS fault and not the seller... Did you get insurance? The seller honestly did nothing wrong (besides act a fool) but the way Ebay and Paypal works if you complain you will get your $$$ back. Sad but true.

Did he ship in a bubble mailer and pack safely?

[quote name='$hady']Did you get insurance? The seller honestly did nothing wrong (besides act a fool) but the way Ebay and Paypal works if you complain you will get your $$$ back. Sad but true.

Did he ship in a bubble mailer and pack safely?[/QUOTE]
No on the insurance, yes on the bubble mailer, but it was very snug and barely the proper size to ship it in. Here are the pics I took.

http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/vormorph/library/?sort=3&page=1

Been researching other stories, is it safe to conclude that the seller assumes all responsibility in that said item is delivered safely. Would I be able to go to USPS and have them send it back since it arrived damaged?

you might be fucked here... its the post office that fucked up your package if you did not request insurance i doubt the seller owes you the cash back.

when i first saw that game i though SOB THATS MY GAME (just sold disgaea 2 to someone) LOL

[quote name='Talgrund']Been researching other stories, is it safe to conclude that the seller assumes all responsibility in that said item is delivered safely. Would I be able to go to USPS and have them send it back since it arrived damaged?[/QUOTE]

It is the seller's responsibility to get the item to you in the condition that was described during the sale, even if the damage is caused by a third party (post office, UPS, FedEx, neighborhood kids). So, yes, you have every right to receive a refund. Personally, I think he ought to pay return shipping but I believe that is usually the buyer's responsibility per eBay.

I doubt USPS would return the item without proper shipping, but you could always try. In the end, you'll likely be out the $2.50 for returning it. Given the response and attitude, negative feedback to the seller would certainly be justified.

[quote name='slidecage']you might be fucked here... its the post office that fucked up your package if you did not request insurance i doubt the seller owes you the cash back.

when i first saw that game i though SOB THATS MY GAME (just sold disgaea 2 to someone) LOL[/QUOTE]

Do not listen to slidecage.

If you open a case with eBay you will surely win.

[quote name='confoosious']Do not listen to slidecage.

If you open a case with eBay you will surely win.[/QUOTE]

ebay never helps me... that is why i just file with paypal.. file with paypal i have my cash back in less then 5 mins

[quote name='slidecage']ebay never helps me... that is why i just file with paypal.. file with paypal i have my cash back in less then 5 mins[/QUOTE]

Look, we know you have issues. But your horrible advice on everything just confuses the fuck out of people.

This is a legitimate ebay complaint and if he filed a dispute with ebay, he would win 99.9% of the time.

[quote name='thelonepig']It is the seller's responsibility to get the item to you in the condition that was described during the sale, even if the damage is caused by a third party (post office, UPS, FedEx, neighborhood kids). So, yes, you have every right to receive a refund.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's what Ebay is going to say too. Even Amazon goes with that policy.

As for insurance, that seems more for the seller than the buyer. So don't really know why sellers offer it to buyers, when it's more to cover the seller. Because USPS would tell you that the seller is the one that has to file the claim(since they purchased it when shipping) and they will be the one to get the money back.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Yep, that's what Ebay is going to say too. Even Amazon goes with that policy.

As for insurance, that seems more for the seller than the buyer. So don't really know why sellers offer it to buyers, when it's more to cover the seller. Because USPS would tell you that the seller is the one that has to file the claim(since they purchased it when shipping) and they will be the one to get the money back.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

A lot of sellers on eBay put two lines that mean nothing in their listings. The first is "No returns." They're required to take a return per eBay policy, although they do have some recourse (e.g. restocking fee).

The second is "Insurance is additional. I will not be responsible for lost/damaged packages if you fail to pay insurance." What a ridiculous notion. Of course the seller will be responsible for not getting the item to you. It's part of being a seller, just like paying fees to eBay/PayPal/Amazon and paying tax on profit. Plus, as stated above, USPS pays the insurance money to the shipper (seller).

You should have just refused the delivery and had the USPS send it back, you could have then requested your refund and if the problem still persisted follow through with a claim.

Just a little advice, next time your package looks like it got chewed up by the garbage disposable regardless of the shipper just refuse delivery and contact the shipper.

[quote name='skiizim']You should have just refused the delivery and had the USPS send it back, you could have then requested your refund and if the problem still persisted follow through with a claim.

Just a little advice, next time your package looks like it got chewed up by the garbage disposable regardless of the shipper just refuse delivery and contact the shipper.[/QUOTE]

I've read these types of comments before and have always wondered - how do you refuse delivery on an item that is put in your mailbox or left on your doorstep? Is it as easy as writing "delivery refused, return to sender" and dropping it off at USPS?

Granted at that point you wouldn't be able to open the package to inspect the damage - though I don't think that's an issue with this particular situation.

[quote name='thelonepig']I've read these types of comments before and have always wondered - how do you refuse delivery on an item that is put in your mailbox or left on your doorstep? Is it as easy as writing "delivery refused, return to sender" and dropping it off at USPS?

Granted at that point you wouldn't be able to open the package to inspect the damage - though I don't think that's an issue with this particular situation.[/QUOTE]
Actually, it is that easy. I've done it before.

Pics even show its not the sellers fault but they will get screwed by Ebay when you file a claim. Post office did it but seller is a dick so file the claim. I ship in DVD size thug bubble mailers for years without issue just unlucky this package was...

Look, I know sellers will disagree with me but this is the sellers fault. He is responsible for getting the item to you in one piece, whether that's buying insurance or using a bigger box.

Whenever I sell anything on eBay, I over pack. And if I don't, I know I'm tempting USPS fate. That's just the cost of doing business.

[quote name='thelonepig']I've read these types of comments before and have always wondered - how do you refuse delivery on an item that is put in your mailbox or left on your doorstep? Is it as easy as writing "delivery refused, return to sender" and dropping it off at USPS?

Granted at that point you wouldn't be able to open the package to inspect the damage - though I don't think that's an issue with this particular situation.[/QUOTE]

You can refuse any package as long as it's obvious that it is unopened by the receipient. Whether you were home or not at the time of delivery is irrelevant. It just saves you the time and gas if the mailman is at your doorstep and you refuse it on the spot.

[quote name='$hady']Pics even show its not the sellers fault but they will get screwed by Ebay when you file a claim. Post office did it but seller is a dick so file the claim. I ship in DVD size thug bubble mailers for years without issue just unlucky this package was...[/QUOTE]

no one might get screwed

BUYER will file a dispute and get their cash back

Seller will bitch to paypal about it and they will probally eat the cost (paypal will eat it just to keep their customers happy)

bread's done
Back