Ebay help

starman9000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
I won an auction for a guitar today and soon after I received an alert from Ebay stating that the seller claims that we "have mutually agreed not to complete the transaction (e.g. because you returned or are returning the item for a refund or because there was a misunderstanding) and has requested a credit for their eBay fees"

Now, I never heard anything about this. He has since told me he broke the guitar while packaging it (doubtful, Im sure it just sold for less than he wanted). What should I do here? My options are :
How would you like to respond?
I agreed not to complete this transaction and/or return the item.
The seller will be eligible for a refund of their eBay fees.

We have not made an agreement to cancel this transaction.
The seller will NOT be eligible for a refund of their eBay fees.

Can he retaliate in anyway if I choose the second option? Or will I be affected negatively if I do the first choice (basically calling me a nonpaying bidder)?

Thanks.

I'm not sure he can file a NPB after he filed this, however if you don't agree to it I believe feedback could be left and he could of course leave you a negative not that you couldn't do the same.

How good a deal did you get? What guitar and how much?

Ask nicely for a picture. Say something like, "I don't mind a few dings, I'd like to see a photo first before we just cancel the auction."

Tell him to put a paper on the guitar or in the picture somewhere saying his Ebay name or something so you know he didn't grab one off teh intrawebnet.

[quote name='Gauss']Yeah was just about to say what GrimNecroWizard said. Good advice.[/QUOTE]

It's a good idea, and presumably there is a decent pre-breakage picture on the auction page to compare with.

Isn't it "royale" instead of "royal"? I may be totally wrong though.

[quote name='mbstuff']How good a deal did you get? What guitar and how much?

Ask nicely for a picture. Say something like, "I don't mind a few dings, I'd like to see a photo first before we just cancel the auction."[/QUOTE]

It really wasnt that good of a deal, it was a Hamer that probably cost 150$ new and I won it for 70 shipped.

I don't really see much benefit in getting a picture of the broken guitar. I definately don't want to order it from him anymore, as he probably would break it regardless.

Anyway, thanks for the tips all.

I say move on, and don't worry about it. You didn't lose any money off the deal, so it's not worth the possibility of getting negative feedback.

[quote name='E-Z-B']I say move on, and don't worry about it. You didn't lose any money off the deal, so it's not worth the possibility of getting negative feedback.[/quote]

As a person who has been on ebay for over 7 years, I can say without a doubt that this is the best advice in this whole thread already.

[quote name='battleroyal33']As a person who has been on ebay for over 7 years, I can say without a doubt that this is the best advice in this whole thread already.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did it this morning. I was just worried that I would get flagged as an unpaying bidder or something.

bread's done
Back