ebay-how long before it is ok to file through pay pal?

auralia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
your opinion?.... i won 2 items (non video game related totaled about 44 bucks on November 14, i'm in CA seller is in AZ... i said i needed it by dec 4 at the latest ... ive emailed seller 4x's through reg email and via pay pal and no reply and told her i will start a dispute if it doesn't come by the fourth... ive received no shipping communication, but this seller has about 6 neutral feedback out of 300 for slow shipping... which is why i contacted her before the auction to let her know i needed them by the 4th at the latest.... 20 days is reasonable isn't it specially given that i warned her before hand, i woudln't if she would just respond to my darn emails.... grrr.

I'd be rt starting the dispute on the 5th if she didn't deliver or contact me correct? i've never had a problem before i don't want to be the ass buyer.

Unless PayPal has changed their rules recently, sellers have 7 days from the date of payment to ship the item. Even if they ship after that time, you may still be able to get a refund if you file a dispute.

Edited to add: You're completely within your rights to file a dispute after this long since you've had no e-mail communication (You checked your spam folder, right?) and haven't received your items.

Yeah, just go ahead and get ready to start the dispute so you can try to get your money back. Some people seem to think it's okay to take their sweet time in "getting" to your item, or maybe they'll just decide to take an unscheduled vacation.

I had a similar situation a few months ago.. won item, paid, seller wouldn't respond to anything for over two weeks. Filed a claim and got my money back, which turned out to still be sitting in their account. Never did get a response of any kind though.

Start the claim process. Sometimes it just takes a little kick to get people to move, whether it's a buyer or a seller. Good luck.

Start it as soon as you can cause you only have a limted time in which to file one . If you give the seller too much time then by the time you file, it will be too late.

[quote name='auralia']your opinion?.... i won 2 items (non video game related totaled about 44 bucks on November 14, i'm in CA seller is in AZ... i said i needed it by dec 4 at the latest ... ive emailed seller 4x's through reg email and via pay pal and no reply and told her i will start a dispute if it doesn't come by the fourth... ive received no shipping communication, but this seller has about 6 neutral feedback out of 300 for slow shipping... which is why i contacted her before the auction to let her know i needed them by the 4th at the latest.... 20 days is reasonable isn't it specially given that i warned her before hand, i woudln't if she would just respond to my darn emails.... grrr.

I'd be rt starting the dispute on the 5th if she didn't deliver or contact me correct? i've never had a problem before i don't want to be the ass buyer.[/QUOTE]

the seller has 30 days to send out the item (i called and asked paypal about this few months back)

you have up to 45 days to file . BUT you have to file twice. The first time you file your making a complaint - what is open for like 15 days.. Then you have to file again to make a claim to get your money back. DO NOT ALLOW The claim to close if you didnt get your item cause the case automatic closes after the first 15 days.

a mailing dispute (lateness in shipping) will not get your money back

[quote name='auralia']your opinion?.... i won 2 items (non video game related totaled about 44 bucks on November 14, i'm in CA seller is in AZ... i said i needed it by dec 4 at the latest ... [/quote]

If you file 'not received' now & item arrives next week, you won't be able to file a 'not as described' claim. So you might end up with something that doesn't work (or worse... an empty box filled with lose newspapers) and have no recourse.

For that reason, I give the seller the full 40 days before filing a 'not received' claim.
Oftentimes the seller will deliver something but it's broken.
So I file more 'not as described' claims than any other type.

And always pay with credit card so you can file a chargeback if Paypal is not helpful. Last year my Discover Card refunded $60 where paypal recovered nothing.

bread's done
Back